Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
On The Road - 10/10/2012 11:28:18 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
(Haven't seen it yet) - 10/10/2012 11:28:18 PM   
TheLikelyLad

I don't get how you're relating the source material to the actresses who have been cast. I don't doubt that On the Road is somewhat misogynistic and women have a limited role. However, the film shouldn't give the woman greater parts just because there are good actresses available. The novel is fundamentally a 'bromance'- 'I think of Dean Moriarty' - and it should be kept that way, as something idealistic and wild, yet sad and flawed. I don't agree that the novel has aged badly either - I think the writing is as fresh and dazzling today as ever, just some attitudes towards women will inevitably be dated. I'm a fan of the book and am looking forward to seeing how it's portrayed. You mentioned you'd perhaps like something more wild and experimental - kerouacian stream of consciousness even. I think it'd be cool if it was somewhere in between The Motorcycle diaries, My Own Private Idaho and maybe some Fear And Loathing.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
On The Road - 17/10/2012 2:12:10 PM   
talpacino

3 is about right for me. It was ok. Definitely nowhere near Motorcycle Diaries. It does look great though and there's a few great little cameos.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 17/10/2012 2:14:18 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to TheLikelyLad)
Post #: 3
Terrible! - 16/8/2013 10:34:53 AM   
guysalisbury

This is one of the most pretentious films I have ever seen! Sam Riley was good and quite surprisingly so was Kristen Stewart but they could not save this being the most boring film I have seen in a long time! Nothing happened! I just hope it was based on a true story because if someone actually came up with this idea well god help us all! Avoid!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> On The Road Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI