Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Strictly Come Dancing 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Strictly Come Dancing 2012 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - 10/10/2012 10:17:45 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

Anyone else watching or is it just me? I have cocktails and munchies!

Only 'reality' show I watch religiously (as well as Dancing on Ice), this years line up is really good, there's a fair few celebs who could go far this year.

Stand outs for me so far - Louis Smith (and not just for obvious reasons *cough* ), Colin Salmond, Sid Owen (surprisingly), Denise van Outen was very good (I don't mind she's done dancing before, she's not done ballroom), Lisa Riley was surprisingly good, and Jerry Hall is just fab-u-lous!!!

I like Darcy as the new judge too, yah?, at least she has constructive points to make, yah?, and doesn't just resort to Alesha's "you owned that floor, you was great", yah?, or Arlene's embarrassing "you sizzled like a sausage" yah? The particular speech tics she has may grow tiring quickly though.

Wish they could have persuaded Brucie to retire this year, he's too old and past it, the man's going to stroke out on live TV and no one needs to see that.

< Message edited by MrsFinkelstein -- 10/10/2012 10:18:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - 11/10/2012 7:06:21 AM   
kumar

Personally i think the show is pretty classy entertainment but its pretty stale now. I caught bits of last season and i was a bit irritated by the judges who were acting outlandish and childish at times. I like the band very much and the women even more, but im not watching this time around.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 2
RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - 11/10/2012 8:02:13 AM   
matty_b

I don't mind admitting I watch this - it overdoes the sob stories and self-congratulation at times, but I think there's a genuine lack of the horrible, soul-curdling, eye-stabbing cynicism that infests the likes of the X Factor.

And I think the talent needed to put together and master a dance routine is genuinely impressive.  Have only caught bits and pieces of it so far this year, however.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 3
RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - 11/10/2012 9:44:04 AM   
DancingClown

My wife used to watch this but now she refuses as a protest against Claudia Winkleman not doing It Takes Two anymore. I might still tune in occasionally just in case Kimberley Walsh's bum falls out.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 4
RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - 11/10/2012 9:37:53 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

My wife used to watch this but now she refuses as a protest against Claudia Winkleman not doing It Takes Two anymore. I might still tune in occasionally just in case Kimberley Walsh's bum falls out.

Well, yeah, It Takes Two just isn't quite the same since Claudia left, though Zoe Ball isn't as screechingly irritating as I had thought she would be. Still watchable though.

Personally, I'm hoping for Pasha's bottom to fall out, but to each their own.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Strictly Come Dancing 2012 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI