Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

why are there not more...in movies?!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> why are there not more...in movies?! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 5:10:30 PM   
mclane1

Dinosaurs! people flock to see dino movies yet besides the JP franchise there are very few movies and those which have dinosaurs in tend to be obscure ones or are cartoons- does dreamworks own the rights to dinosaurs?

Sharks! " " beside deep blue sea not much else that isnt straight to DVD has been out after Jaws- yet why?

is it because in both cases humanity cant be seen to kill these beasties unless they have been genetically modified like the sharks in DBS?

am i wrong, is everyone else happy without them? why in hell has no one made a cgi super global epic of dinasaurs taking over the world in present day!

If the cash is there, we do not care.
Post #: 1
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 5:14:51 PM   
AxlReznor

Because too many of one kind of movie leads to the idea getting old really fast? I mean... isn't the Jaws movies and Deep Blue Sea enough shark-based carnage for you?

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 2
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 5:21:30 PM   
mclane1

hell no- im talking t-rex's storming around london/new york/hong Kong and only Ryan Reynolds as a snake pliskin type character can save the world from being munched- teradactyls in dog fights with fighter jets etc. etc. f1#k yeah!

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 3
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 5:22:07 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I mean... isn't the Jaws movies and Deep Blue Sea enough shark-based carnage for you?

Get out. GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 4
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 5:44:05 PM   
boaby

'taches.

Not enough 'taches in movies.

I have 'tache issues. My dad just shaved his off. There's a 'tache void in my life. Mine's ginger/grey/brown... clearly unacceptable. I can't fill the void myself. Sure, Queen helps, retro fitba videos help, but they're woefully inadequate. I watched Raiders today and actually wished Tom Selleck was Indy. Did I hear there was another Anchorman in the works? In the name of Biggs Darklighter oh mighty movie world, save me from myself.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 5
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 6:57:05 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1
why in hell has no one made a cgi super global epic of dinasaurs taking over the world in present day!

Possibly because a global takeover of dinosaurs would be quite difficult to not "see coming". Unless millions of them just materialised out of thin air suddenly, which is unlikely. You need something more insidious. Unless human beings just suddenly turned into dinosaurs, which is again unlikely.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 6
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 7:08:42 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

why in hell has no one made a cgi super global epic of dinasaurs taking over the world in present day!

Possibly because a global takeover of dinosaurs would be quite difficult to not "see coming".

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 7
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 9:05:25 PM   
mclane1

[/quote]

Possibly because a global takeover of dinosaurs would be quite difficult to not "see coming". Unless millions of them just materialised out of thin air suddenly, which is unlikely. You need something more insidious. Unless human beings just suddenly turned into dinosaurs, which is again unlikely.

[/quote]

there could easily be some sudden wormhole like thing- hang on isnt that that crappy ITV show- thats it Primevil the movie- just with ryan reynolds, bigger sets and better CGI- its a winner

also there could be somone messing with time and they could accidentally bring them back through with them- perfectly plausable.

Post #: 8
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 9:33:54 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

hell no- im talking t-rex's storming around london/new york/hong Kong and only Ryan Reynolds as a snake pliskin type character can save the world from being munched- teradactyls in dog fights with fighter jets etc. etc. f1#k yeah!

Can I buy some drugs from you?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 9
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 9/10/2012 10:41:32 PM   
Stan Castle

because there are better movies to be made

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 10
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 1:35:01 AM   
Whistler

Because let's face it, who's going to make a better dinosaur movie than Jurassic Park or a better shark movie than Jaws?

(in reply to Stan Castle)
Post #: 11
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 2:28:50 AM   
Hood_Man

I don't think there's much left for a dinosaur or shark movie to do, not if those films are basically going to be "Man encounters beasty, man runs away from beasty, man eventually overcomes beasty."

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 12
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 7:42:52 AM   
SwozTheRevenge

Winged tarantulas

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 13
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 7:51:44 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

there could easily be some sudden wormhole like thing- hang on isnt that that crappy ITV show- thats it Primevil the movie- just with ryan reynolds, bigger sets and better CGI- its a winner

also there could be somone messing with time and they could accidentally bring them back through with them- perfectly plausable.

No, that is a shit scenario and therefore you have answered your own question. Maybe a few dinosaurs could get through a worm-hole - assuming they knew how - but enough to take over the world or start a global war? Noooo. All you'd have to do is station large military weaponry at the wormhole's location and then blast the big bastards as they lumbered clumsily through. I can't see that sustaining a two-hour movie.

And how would a time-traveller "bring them back with them"? Would they be like Polish immigrants huddled up in the back of his time-machine? Suspension of disbelief is a delicate thing.

Also, a dearth of shark movies is due to there being limited reach with shark-related stories. I can't quite imagine a shark-apocalypse, unless they suddenly started growing legs and feet, but even Roland Emmerich would be stretched to concoct a bollocks reason as to why that would happen.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 10/10/2012 7:55:28 AM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 14
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 9:46:32 AM   
Biggus

Ron Perlmans. There should be more Ron Perlmans in films.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

Post #: 15
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 9:52:44 AM   
Hood_Man

Ron Perlman voicing a shark police detective who can move on land, hunting a renegade velociraptor in a corrupt city of dinosaurs run by a T-Rex, now there's a story.

[EDIT]

And no CGI creatures either, this bad boy is being produced entirely with... MUPPETS!

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 10/10/2012 9:53:25 AM >

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 16
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 10:23:05 AM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

quote:

there could easily be some sudden wormhole like thing-also there could be somone messing with time and they could accidentally bring them back through with them- perfectly plausable.

No, that is a shit scenario and therefore you have answered your own question. Maybe a few dinosaurs could get through a worm-hole - assuming they knew how - but enough to take over the world or start a global war? Noooo. All you'd have to do is station large military weaponry at the wormhole's location and then blast the big bastards as they lumbered clumsily through. I can't see that sustaining a two-hour movie.

Good news McLane!  Bad News Dancing Clown!

Pretty sure I read a short while back that someone was trying to get a Dinosaurs Attack movie made.  Dinosaurs Attack! being those mega violent trading cards, similar to Mars Attacks.  The exact plot of which Mclane just described above.  Although, he left out the bit about Dinosaur Satan...

Post #: 17
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 11:39:04 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

quote:

there could easily be some sudden wormhole like thing-also there could be somone messing with time and they could accidentally bring them back through with them- perfectly plausable.

Pretty sure I read a short while back that someone was trying to get a Dinosaurs Attack movie made.  Dinosaurs Attack! being those mega violent trading cards, similar to Mars Attacks.  The exact plot of which Mclane just described above.  Although, he left out the bit about Dinosaur Satan...

I'm assuming that wouldn't be an entirely 'serious' flick....

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 18
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 12:12:03 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Yes.

God, yes.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 19
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 12:13:32 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

Satanosaurus.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 20
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 12:40:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Ron Perlman voicing a shark police detective who can move on land, hunting a renegade velociraptor in a corrupt city of dinosaurs run by a T-Rex, now there's a story.

Or Sharky and George The Movie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

To be fair there are quite alot of Ron Perlman Movies,just a shame that half of them are rubbish.

Onto the original question:why are there not more Practical Effects in movies?!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 21
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 12:51:19 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby
My dad just shaved his off. There's a 'tache void in my life.

Was it like when Tom Selleck shaved his off and it just didn't look right? Like, SO unright that the world collapsed in on itself?(*)

(* - the world did not collapse in on itself, just in case I scared you then)

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 22
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 12:53:22 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
Onto the original question:why are there not more Practical Effects in movies?!

Because, unfortunately, CGI is so cheap these days (comparatively). Sad face.

I hate CGI.....

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 23
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 6:41:01 PM   
mclane1

quote:

quote:

quote:

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! -ki-Yay mother hubbard! and it will have ryan reynolds in! or Ryan Gosling, or Ryan seacrest :)

be gone nasty dancing clown :(

< Message edited by mclane1 -- 10/10/2012 9:14:14 PM >

Post #: 24
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 7:14:15 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

My dad just shaved his off. There's a 'tache void in my life.

Was it like when Tom Selleck shaved his off and it just didn't look right? Like, SO unright that the world collapsed in on itself?(*)

(* - the world did not collapse in on itself, just in case I scared you then)

More wrong than Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly. More wrong than that 4th Indy film that is rumoured to exist. Even more wrong than Greedo shooting first. Yeah, I said it.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 25
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 9:53:22 PM   
Deviation

quote:

[EDIT]

And no CGI creatures either, this bad boy is being produced entirely with... MUPPETS!

Give this the shark a moustache and you have my support.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 10/10/2012 11:36:02 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

[EDIT]

It'd have to be a hammerhead. A Great White couldn't pull off wearing a 'tache.

< Message edited by boaby -- 10/10/2012 11:37:33 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 27
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 11/10/2012 12:04:13 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

[EDIT]

It'd have to be a hammerhead. A Great White couldn't pull off wearing a 'tache.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 28
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 11/10/2012 7:52:34 AM   
mclane1

why are there not more....

wolfmen (not werewolves)

goblins

abominable snowmen

stanley Tucci's

Jetpacks

...in movies

and i think emily blunt would be great instead of ryan reynolds in my Dino epic- she kicked ass in Looper

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29
RE: why are there not more...in movies?! - 11/10/2012 9:36:05 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

why are there not more....

stanley Tucci's

...in movies

Stanley Tucci's what?

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> why are there not more...in movies?! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI