Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pusher - 9/10/2012 4:16:18 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
ANOTHER remake - 9/10/2012 4:16:18 PM   
Gram Woods

Seen the original pusher trilogy and loved the first one next two were just ok, I'll probably give this a go but FFS can we have some original ideas, PLEASE!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
ANOTHER remake - 9/10/2012 4:18:13 PM   
Gram Woods

Seen the original pusher trilogy and loved the first one next two were just ok, I'll probably give this a go but FFS can we have some original ideas, PLEASE!

Post #: 3
hmmmm, not great - 16/10/2012 6:28:16 PM   
Nefruaten

OK so I haven't seen the original, but I was seduced by Refn being involved as I loved Drive. But this is not great. Coyle is a great actor but Deyn was miscast. She was too one dimensional for this movie. The stereotypical drug dazed music and multi coloured lighting was mundane and didn't add anything new to this druggy London themed drama. It did get better towards the end but I actually didn't believe the ending because of Deyn's typecasting and what we actually know of the Coyle's character. Blahh!!!

Post #: 4
RE: Pusher - 17/10/2012 10:47:02 AM   
ChudMonkey

not too bad but suffered from feeling like one of those mid 90s films that came out after the success of Trainspotting and Human Traffic....you know a film that feels like an extended Underworld video. Richard Coyle was fairly watchable (although I couldn't shake the feeling that he was about to turn into his character from Coupling at any minute) and I was constantly engaged with the story (I haven't seen the original so didn't know how it would end)

3 stars

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

Post #: 5
RE: Pusher - 13/2/2013 10:59:03 PM   
Indio

It was OK, but not a patch on the original - the director seemed to have been watching the early works of Guy Ritchie and Requiem For A Dream a few too many times before making this. Coyle was OK, I was a bit unsure about him in the lead as I think the only other thing I've ever seen him in was Coupling which didn't bode too well about a film about the criminal fraternity but he managed to carry the film.

Don't think this was too much of a success box office wise so doubt we'll see remakes of Pusher 2 and 3, probably just as well as the guy playing Tony was too much of a twat to carry Pusher 2 in the way Mads Mikkelsen did in the Danish version (and I know Tonny in the Danish films was indeed a twat but the English one is just an annoying knobhead).

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Pusher Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI