Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Smartphones for Dummies (or equivalent)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> RE: Smartphones for Dummies (or equivalent) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Smartphones for Dummies (or equivalent) - 1/11/2012 1:51:38 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Being a smartphone virgin is not fun. How the hell does anyone manage on a small data allowance? I've just DL a couple of things like browser and mobil security and it's already used a chunk of data (I went for all you can eat for the moment until I work out how much I use generally!).

This is all very baffling and scary. Still - I got google maps to work so that's one hurdle gone.

Thank you all for your help and advice - as always, it was appreciated.

Apart from the time that I had a new phone and my supplier said they had pro-rata-d my data allowance for the final week of the old contract but hadn't, I've never had any problems in terms of using more than my allowance (1gb or less).

I tend to use wi-fi permanently when at home though rather than the phone network for downloading apps though, so it doens't come out of my allowance for the month.

However, it's even less of a worry nowdays, since my (retrospectively, not entirely wise...) decision to get a Blackberry, since there's naff all worth downloading for it anyway!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 31
RE: Smartphones for Dummies (or equivalent) - 1/11/2012 2:14:02 PM   
elab49

I forgot about the wi-fi thing to do the app downloading - it seems fair as I won't get a feel for my normal data usage otherwise. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 32
RE: Smartphones for Dummies (or equivalent) - 2/11/2012 2:04:27 PM   
batcountry84

Who've you gone with Elab?

I too own a HTC Desire S smartphone on contract with T-mobile. I pay for Basic internet because in their small print it says "if you go over your allowance, don't worry, we don't charge you any extra, but you may see some slow down". So when I purchased my contract, I had the option of three levels of Internet, so went with the cheapest cos its pretty much unlimited. I don't have the internet on all the time, but I use it for downloading/updating apps, reading news, weather and visiting websites/watching youtube and its superb!

And you know what he said?.... I need about treefiddy.
*Uncle Rotter - Fit Goth Chicks*
My interview with Dyanne Thorne @ Horror Cult Films

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 33
RE: Smartphones for Dummies (or equivalent) - 2/11/2012 8:21:36 PM   
elab49

Samsung Galaxy Note with 3 Mobile monthly contract all you can eatdata. Which was perfect for a long train journey 2ith Youtube and Skygo 2hen there was a signal and
16gb to transfer my own vid files and music to the phone. Not used to this typing interface tho and Empire isnt great on a phone.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to batcountry84)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> RE: Smartphones for Dummies (or equivalent) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI