Perception

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Perception Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Perception - 6/10/2012 11:40:38 AM   
MartinBlank76

Perception started on Watch during the week. Its yet another procedural along the lines of any number of other procedurals, where some wacky eccentric consultant with 'abilities' solves the case and saves the day while the police come in at the last to do the door kicking in and arresting the badguy bit. I am a big fan of these type of shows, everything from the more goofy comedic psych to the mentalist and castle and perception based on its pilot I think will fit in nicely.

I havent really seen Eric McCormack in much other than Will and Grace but he is a pretty different character and pretty good here and they had some interesting twists and turns revolving both around his gifts and his illness. He plays a professor of neurosciencepsychology or something who also is schizophrenic and slowly losing his mind. Rachel Leigh Cook plays the FBI agent who brings him on board much to the consternation of her partner and the cops they interact with who think he is a nutjob.

Procedurals are a easy thing to dip in and out of, less easy to keep going over a period of time as they tend to be a little skin deep and become a little repetitive. A good support cast is important and I think there were a few hints in the pilot of places they can go and relationships that can developed, mostly Daniel's relationship with his own mind, that show a lot of promise for this show. I liked it. Anyone else watching?

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.
Post #: 1
RE: Perception - 6/10/2012 3:51:34 PM   
buffster28

yeah i really enjoyed the first ep although it is very similar to a lot of other crime shows.

liked the ending though when it turned out his blonde friend was all in his head too.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 2
RE: Perception - 7/10/2012 11:45:55 AM   
MrsFinkelstein

I watched too and enjoyed it. Like Martin I'm a bit of a sucker for shows like this. It's nothing new, but it was done well and Eric McCormack was very good in his role.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 3
RE: Perception - 14/10/2012 6:31:51 PM   
sanchia

Sadly I found this very, very generic almost like it was produced by Scriptbot 101. McCormick was ok in it but it just seemed to lack substance to draw me in and the whole thing felt familiar.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Perception Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI