Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE: - 5/10/2013 9:13:55 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Coooool.Hopefully Gareth Edwards pulls this one off.

LINK

(in reply to target)
Post #: 31
RE: RE: - 5/10/2013 3:59:22 PM   
thepluginbaby

Damn, that trailer is grim. More in the spirit of the original then. Can't wait.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 32
RE: This will be EPIC! - 15/10/2013 1:39:35 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Teaser trailer looks great, great atmosphere Godzilla looks cool, can't wait!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!
Post #: 33
RE: This will be EPIC! - 15/10/2013 9:25:17 PM   
Ghidorah

This is the leaked teaser trailer, not to be confused by the comic con trailer.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=167351320134945&set=o.192424524154440&type=2&theater

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 34
RE: This will be EPIC! - 15/10/2013 10:15:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

From that (iffy) trailer the film looks very much in the same vein as Edwards previous film Monsters on the basis that most of the emphasis will be on survivors and,generally,how we deal with the situation (Godzilla).

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 15/10/2013 10:32:22 PM >

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 35
RE: This will be EPIC! - 9/12/2013 9:53:40 PM   
Ghidorah

Godzilla teaser is out tomorrow.

This may contain minor spoilers so you had been warned.

There isn't a lot known about the upcoming Godzilla reboot, but it now very certain this isn't an update of the 1954 classic. In a way this appears to be more of Gamera: Guardian of the Galaxy (1995) than anything Godzilla related we had seen before. Gamera (1995) is about small reptilian birds eating people and the Japanese Government want to study them. However a giant turtle appear and tries to kill them because they are a huge threat to the world but the Japanes Government conside the giant turtle is the threat. So while the japanese focus on the turlte, these birds start to grow bigger and bigger after feasting on hundreds of people.
The new film is about a company called Muto and they created big monsters called Mutos. They are hostile to people and a giant monster(Godzilla) appears and try to kill them because he consider them a big threat to the world.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 36
RE: This will be EPIC! - 10/12/2013 12:40:02 AM   
rich

I love some Gamera.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 37
RE: This will be EPIC! - 10/12/2013 6:41:30 PM   
Ghidorah

He's here..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw#ws

There is an interesting shot of a creature made tunnel. So no doubt some of the destruction cause in the trailer isn't all Godzilla, except for Aircraft carrier.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 38
RE: This will be EPIC! - 10/12/2013 7:02:00 PM   
rich

Eh... too much military nonsense, which is always the most boring part of any monster feature. Show us what we are here for.

< Message edited by rich -- 10/12/2013 7:04:52 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 39
RE: This will be EPIC! - 10/12/2013 9:13:12 PM   
Captain Black

That's a very effective trailer, I liked it a lot.

Bet they defeat him by giving him a giant pack of Chewitts in the end, though.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 40
RE: This will be EPIC! - 10/12/2013 10:38:06 PM   
mysterious

Walter White wil take him down with a large dose of ricin

"Lets put a smmile on that facce!"

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 41
RE: This will be EPIC! - 11/12/2013 4:06:25 PM   
Ghidorah

The trailer doesn't give to much away but everything we learned is so far is very positive. Godzilla isn't going to be a mindless beast with zero personality. He's going to retain many of the best features from the Japanese Godzilla, so fans will accept this new monster as the latest incernation of the creature. So yeah I'm very happy Godzilla is going to be smart and will have his sixth sense abiltiy. What more important he playing a huge role in the film which isn't random humanity genocide but genocide of M.U.T.Os creatures. Creatures so deadly, they are going to threaten the world and Godzilla is going to be an anti villian. This is why I think some of Gamera 1995 elements are in here. The military will focus their effort in killling Godzilla but unaware the Mutos are the bigger danager to humanity.
There is an interesting scene in the trailer which I didn't relise it's all one scene. We have scientist/soldiers in bio suits opening a door to a contained Mutos, only to find the Mutos dug itself of it prision. However the destruction caused in the airport scene(Tokyo) is caused by a Mutos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izs8-6I_oIA

(in reply to mysterious)
Post #: 42
RE: This will be EPIC! - 11/12/2013 7:21:10 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

He's here..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw#ws

There is an interesting shot of a creature made tunnel. So no doubt some of the destruction cause in the trailer isn't all Godzilla, except for Aircraft carrier.

The other unofficial trailer did show some sort of many armed beastie.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 43
RE: This will be EPIC! - 12/12/2013 1:21:11 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Looks awesome. 3D too so that's great.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 44
RE: This will be EPIC! - 12/12/2013 5:32:16 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Bet they defeat him by giving him a giant pack of Chewitts in the end, though.

I got that, shows my age I think. I used to like the noise he made when he chewed them

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 45
Godzilla 1995 remake? - 20/12/2013 10:22:54 PM   
Ghidorah

There isn't a lot to go on but it look like Godzilla 2014 is a remake of Godzilla vs Destroyah!!! For anyone who doesn't know GvD is one of the most famous Godzilla films partly because Godzilla dies in this. However the film contains two plots, one is Godzilla is dying and his body is leaking radiation. The other plot is the evolution of Destroyah and this is very similiar to Godzilla 2014 plot. There are some differences in the plots but there are too much of a coincidence for there not to be inspiration from the original source material.

Due to spoiler reasons I can't back this up with sources. However both Destroyahs and Mutos appear to show the same evolution path except for their final forms. However a lot of the destruction and choas seen in the trailer isn't caused by Godzilla but by the Mutos. For example the train being bitten into, the lab technians running away, Tokyo airport under attack, soldiers going into a tunnel etc. All this is Mutos related and has nothing to do with Godzilla's path of destruction.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 46
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 26/1/2014 6:19:02 PM   
Ghidorah

Check out the Godzilla toy.

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/1496

Hopefully his plates will be larger in the film but other than that he's looking good. My only real concern he may not have the body to effectively take on other monsters. His arms are too stubby to grip hold and swing his oppenates about. He doesn't have a great pair of teeth either so the only advantage he has is his atomic breath and his bulk size. Then again he's meant to be a mutation so I understand why they went for this design but I don't think he would do well against some of Godzilla classic villains like Rodan or Mothra.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 47
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 26/1/2014 7:19:55 PM   
rich

Looks kind of ... heavy especially the neck and legs. Guess we will see what it looks like in motion.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 48
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 27/1/2014 10:22:42 PM   
Ghidorah

The main Godzilla from the 80's and 90's was always bulky. It was only after the 1998 US version Toho decided to slim down the monster and make it more of a flexible creature. However saying that this new design is the bulkiest Godzilla so far and it arms are rather short. It's going to have a hard time fighting other monsters and I can't see Legendary buying the rights to use King Ghidorah in the next movie. King Ghidorah from the 1991 movie would kill this new Godzilla because it's to slow and haven't got the arm strength to hold down it giant classic foe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9gNQimjs0A

The new fight scenes are going to be base on keromdo dragons and bear fights. I just keep on getting the impression Godzilla is going to be the under dog against a much leaner and faster creatures. It has elephant feet, short arms and blunt teeth. Olny advantage i guess is his atomic breath and his weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_POI2mJkCPk

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 49
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 24/2/2014 11:06:27 PM   
Ghidorah

Look like the new trailer will be coming out tomorrow and Legendary gave us a sneak preview of what to expect.

http://www.godzillamovie.com/awakenthetruth/

Some may consider this a spoiler but Walter White isn't talking about Godzilla or it creation.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 50
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 26/2/2014 2:51:10 PM   
musht

Trailer's been out a while now and not a peep from Ghidorah .... I hope he's ok

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 51
The King is Back!!!! - 27/2/2014 7:27:15 PM   
Ciaran McDaid

Seen the new trailer more than 10 times!!!! Can't wait!!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 52
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 27/2/2014 8:48:13 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Trailer's been out a while now and not a peep from Ghidorah .... I hope he's ok

DESTROYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy now?

There is nothing much to say other than both the teaser and the first trailer are very misleading. Both are trying to paint Godzilla as the ultimate monster villain in this reboot but in reality he is the 'defender of the Earth' and if anything I think he will be the updated version of the 1960's Godzilla. There were a few times Godzilla was the villain in the 60's but he was never a threat when comparing him to the other the monsters in the 1960s and wasn't as dangerous when comparing him to the original Godzilla. He just a monster that hate humanity but he often leave them alone.

A large chunk of the choas seen both in the teaser and the first trailer are all related to Mutos. Mutos are the villain monsters in this and if not stopped they will send humanity back to the stone age. We know there is at least one spider mutos and it attacked Tokyo. There is also the flying Muto which probably escape a military facility outside Las vegas, attack that city and later moved onto San Fancisco.

I have no doubt we will see some US military fighting Godzilla and trying to kill him before he reach Amercia. However it obivious later in the movie the US military not only stay out of Godzilla way but also aid him to defeat the flying Muto. A prime example we see the flying Muto take out planes above San Fancisco in the day time. At the night time we see Godzilla arrive in San Fancisco bay and we have paratroopers firing flares at him to lead him towards the flying Muto.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 53
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 27/2/2014 9:08:58 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

There is nothing much to say other than both the teaser and the first trailer are very misleading. Both are trying to paint Godzilla as the ultimate monster villain in this reboot but in reality he is the 'defender of the Earth' and if anything I think he will be the updated version of the 1960's Godzilla. There were a few times Godzilla was the villain in the 60's but he was never a threat when comparing him to the other the monsters in the 1960s and wasn't as dangerous when comparing him to the original Godzilla. He just a monster that hate humanity but he often leave them alone.

A large chunk of the choas seen both in the teaser and the first trailer are all related to Mutos. Mutos are the villain monsters in this and if not stopped they will send humanity back to the stone age. We know there is at least one spider mutos and it attacked Tokyo. There is also the flying Muto which probably escape a military facility outside Las vegas, attack that city and later moved onto San Fancisco.

I have no doubt we will see some US military fighting Godzilla and trying to kill him before he reach Amercia. However it obivious later in the movie the US military not only stay out of Godzilla way but also aid him to defeat the flying Muto. A prime example we see the flying Muto take out planes above San Fancisco in the day time. At the night time we see Godzilla arrive in San Fancisco bay and we have paratroopers firing flares at him to lead him towards the flying Muto.

?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 27/2/2014 9:09:29 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 54
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 27/2/2014 10:55:14 PM   
Ghidorah

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNINGS

M.U.T.O is a fictional defence organsation with facilities both in Japan and Amercia. In Godzilla 2014 their experiements had created a series of monsters nicknamed the Mutos. These monsters were able to ecape from the M.U.T.O labatories or test areas and manage to make it to the surface which they continue to grow and evolve. Upon arriving on the surface they start to cause a lot of destruction and threaten the environment around them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STajd1wM6wA

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 27/2/2014 10:59:28 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 55
RE: Godzilla 1995 remake? - 28/2/2014 8:42:55 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Trailer looks fantastic!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 56
- 1/3/2014 4:13:55 AM   
rfreddricemer

Post #: 57
- 1/3/2014 4:13:56 AM   
rfreddricemer

Post #: 58
- 1/3/2014 4:13:57 AM   
rfreddricemer

Post #: 59
- 2/3/2014 6:26:53 PM   
RyanShanks

As long as the film is good, and it feels scary and epic and powerful, nobody should give a gnat's pube how 'faithful' this monster is.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI