Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Best Possible Taste

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Best Possible Taste Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Possible Taste - 5/10/2012 6:59:25 PM   
great_badir

Anyone see this Kenny Everett bio-drama on BBC4?

I have to say, as a huge fan of Kenny the DJ and comedian, I thought it was appalling. The guy portraying Kenny played it (or was directed) WAY too camp (there is a famous quote from Kenny shortly after coming out, and which was slightly referenced in the program, when asked why he was attracted to straight men more than he was gay men and his response was something along the lines of "gay men are all petticoats and pink, I'm more jumpers, loose jeans and trainers" [paraphrasing]), and turned him into a caricature of himself, which would have fit absolutely fine in the similarly toned and styled Python doc about the making of Life of Brian, but stuck out in something purporting to be a (mostly) serious drama. The actress playing Lee Everett was the best and only really good thing in it.

On the other hand, it was great to see some Kenny Everett Show sketches again, especially some rarely repeated ones from the old Video Show. And, of course, your favourite and mine - Reg Prescott (even if they did cut the shot of the power saw going through his fingers). I'd almost forgotten how good those shows were.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS
Post #: 1
RE: Best Possible Taste - 5/10/2012 11:14:24 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

Damn forgot it! Need to iPlayer it now.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Best Possible Taste Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI