Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A Good Day To Die Hard Teaser Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> A Good Day To Die Hard Teaser Online Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Good Day To Die Hard Teaser Online - 4/10/2012 6:19:18 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
STOP BASHING DIE HARD 4! - 4/10/2012 6:19:18 PM   
Hughezyvstheworld

yes it was OTT, but action films have to be these days. And so what if he didn't swear in DH4, grow up: swearing only entertaining for teenagers on the bus home.

and bee tea double yah: this looks great! can't wait!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
looking good - 4/10/2012 6:51:35 PM   
peredebeeste

this looks like good old die hard fun,but whats with the stupid 007 quip? i had enough dumb oneliners watching expandebeles 2! don't fuck this franchise up!

Post #: 3
RE: STOP BASHING DIE HARD 4! - 4/10/2012 6:52:03 PM   
xzynomorpher

Agreed. Die Hard 4 was awesome. This looks like it may be too.

(in reply to Hughezyvstheworld)
Post #: 4
RE: STOP BASHING DIE HARD 4! - 4/10/2012 7:08:10 PM   
Woger

Ooh, explosiony. I feel optomistic actually.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to xzynomorpher)
Post #: 5
Die Hard 4 - 4/10/2012 7:25:07 PM   
playboyd

Each to their own but to me DH4 was pish IMO, watered down OTT rubbish & i love over the top ridiculous action movies as much as any other 80's baby.

Bruce surfing on the back of a jet plane was too much, for me the shark was jumped.
Hopefully going back to their roots with some Euro trash villainy, ode to joy etc will have this one feeling more like a die hard movie.

Post #: 6
5 - 4/10/2012 7:49:29 PM   
durelius

Looks pretty cool, didn't quite understand the 007 line but hey guess you need context. An yeah 4.0 was cool, except the missing blood splats that were removed and yippe kiy ya mother fu..BANG.....

Post #: 7
RE: Die Hard 4 - 4/10/2012 7:54:44 PM   
darthbane

I really like Die Hard 4.0, especially the uncut version. After watching Looper recently, I thought Bruce Willis suddenly looked really quite old and I was worried as to whether he could still cut it as McClane. This trailer has relieved some of my fears as to, this was one Die Hard too far. Please make this a 15 rating, it doesn't have to be excessively violent, but a Die Hard movie for the kiddies just doesn't work

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to playboyd)
Post #: 8
RE: Die Hard 4 - 4/10/2012 8:34:02 PM   
James2183

This is a Bruce Willis action film not a John McClane film. Just like 4.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 9
FAST FIVE - 4/10/2012 8:34:44 PM   
fightclubber954

Doesn't look terrible. I'm hoping this is a fast five scenario.

Post #: 10
RE: FAST FIVE - 4/10/2012 8:36:58 PM   
jcthefirst

This does look to be Die Hard in name only.

But saying that, I liked 4.0, so who knows.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to fightclubber954)
Post #: 11
LET'S BASH DIE HARD 4! - 4/10/2012 9:13:31 PM   
BatSpider

...and any popcorn munching, Nintendo-addicted, couch-crunching, cinema-ruining mugwump that likes it!

Post #: 12
Die Hard 4.0 was great! - 4/10/2012 9:34:28 PM   
Cool Breeze

Whats with all the DH4 bashing.It was the best of the sequels (especially the uncut version).Die Hard 5 looks pretty good so far and Willis has still got it.Hope its at least a 15 though ( we can hope for an uncut version of that later if its not on the cards )

Post #: 13
RE: Die Hard 4.0 was great! - 4/10/2012 10:10:46 PM   
Shifty Bench

You know, Die Hard 4 wasn't actually cut, the version we saw in the cinema was the director's version. The 'uncut' version adds CG blood, changes a couple of lines and adds ADR'd swearing. Fox just heard that folk were moaning that the film was PG-13 so they added bits for the dvd after the fact.......

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 14
Brilliant! - 5/10/2012 12:06:32 AM   
ChicksHands

Can't wait!

Post #: 15
The fact that this movie is being made.... - 5/10/2012 12:26:32 AM   
BatSpider

...underlines that Hollywood doesn't care about quality, and probably even intentionally makes movies worse on PURPOSE to sell more tickets/DVDs/blu-rays, etc. If buying a different version on DVD coz people realised the cinema version sucked isn't feeble-minded, then I don't know what is. You've basically paid twice for the same pile of shit.

I don't mind other people having low standards, but I do mind when Hollywood produces garbage like Die Hard 4 on repeat and something genuinely hard and brilliant like Dredd misses an audience. It means less GOOD action movies get made, so yeah it's important to tell it like it is.

Post #: 16
Looks good - 5/10/2012 1:02:57 AM   
Mike1701

I always laugh when people tare apart a movie before it even is released. First of all; let's not forget we are talking about movies here. In this case escapism action/fun/over the top movies. Also, in this case, with Bruc Willis kicking but and... you know, lot's of things blowing up and all. I thought DH4 was great and I think this looks very promising. I also think Bruce remains a great action star. Heck, we can understand what the hell he's saying. I don't think he's quite the fit with the aged action guys he was with in The Expendables. Keep it coming Mr. Willis.

Post #: 17
absolutely fantastic! love it - 5/10/2012 7:25:56 AM   
mclane1

they even kept in that classic score which suggests its respecting the die hard die harders amongst us. looks like Die Hard in Gotham! cant wait, loved 4.0 in the fact that they kept mclanes character well and it was FUN. This looks the same, time will tell.

Post #: 18
RE: Looks good - 5/10/2012 8:15:53 AM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike1701

I always laugh when people tare apart a movie before it even is released.

A February release date would suggest it's not going to be great already.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Mike1701)
Post #: 19
Bring it on... - 5/10/2012 9:45:24 AM   
ronniem

At some point in the interwebs perception becomes reality...The juggernaut of hating Die Hard 4.0 and Quantum just grew over the years for the most absurd of reasons. I think both films were great and 4.0 had some of the best action set peices of that year...so I'm certanly looking forward to this.

Post #: 20
RE: Die Hard 4 - 5/10/2012 10:18:59 AM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

This is a Bruce Willis action film not a John McClane film. Just like 4.

Agreed. This was precisely the problem with Die Hard 4 - Willis wasn't playing John McClane in it. Hopefully the full trailer will give us more McClane and less Grumpy Generic Willis.

It bodes well that this teaser suggests that 5 isn't the CGI-heavy craptacular that was 4, so the action could be believable* once more.

* by that I don't necessarily mean scientifically accurate (e.g. having a fall from a great height broken by a fire hose without cutting McClane in half), but at least believable (e.g. not like cars flipping inches from McClane's head or him surfing jet fighters).

< Message edited by FoximusPrime -- 5/10/2012 10:20:22 AM >

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 21
It Boils Down To This - 5/10/2012 10:37:04 AM   
burtbondy

If its R/15/18s it will be good, if its not it will be shit. Simpile as that.

Post #: 22
RE: STOP BASHING DIE HARD 4! - 5/10/2012 10:41:04 AM   
burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hughezyvstheworld

yes it was OTT, but action films have to be these days. And so what if he didn't swear in DH4, grow up: swearing only entertaining for teenagers on the bus home.

It breaks the tradition of the series if he doesn't swear and short changes it hardcore fans.Whats hard to understand about that? Dork.

(in reply to Hughezyvstheworld)
Post #: 23
RE: Die Hard 4.0 was great! - 5/10/2012 10:54:43 AM   
burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Whats with all the DH4 bashing.It was the best of the sequels (especially the uncut version).Die Hard 5 looks pretty good so far and Willis has still got it.Hope its at least a 15 though ( we can hope for an uncut version of that later if its not on the cards )

4.0 better than Vengance? The worst action movie ever made better than one of the best ever made? Stupid geeky sidekick better than Sam Jackson? Keyboard typing internent terroist better than Hans Gruber's brother- the great Jermey Irons? CGI, post production riddled action better than all action practical stunt fulled setpiece through central park? Saying yippe ki ya better than saying yippie ki yay motherfucker? i DONT THINK SO.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 24
RE: STOP BASHING DIE HARD 4! - 5/10/2012 10:55:10 AM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hughezyvstheworld

It breaks the tradition of the series if he doesn't swear and short changes it hardcore fans.Whats hard to understand about that? Dork.

Most importantly, it neuters the central character, including censoring his iconic catchphrase. It's completely inappropriate to water/dumb down Die Hard for teens and pre-teens, this is an intelligent, mature, adult-oriented series of thrillers for adults, Die Hard 4 is a brainless, ball-less, soulless creampuff for kids.

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 25
RE: STOP BASHING DIE HARD 4! - 5/10/2012 11:05:33 AM   
The Hooded Man

If anyone's expecting a film directed by John Moore to be anything other than distinctly average then they're asking a lot.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 26
Checklist: - 5/10/2012 11:07:08 AM   
Agent Jack Bauer CTU

Vest, dirt for said vest, perhaps a reference to Zeus / Al Powell?, cigarettes, swears, catchphrase. A wig would be too much to ask for. Im guessing all of these factors will be ignored, but I still look forward to this. Very much agree that I hope this has an injection of "Fast Five", and unexpectedly blows awesome all over my face.

< Message edited by Agent Jack Bauer CTU -- 5/10/2012 11:08:17 AM >

Post #: 27
RE: Checklist: - 5/10/2012 11:24:16 AM   
paulyboy

Thought the teaser was fine personally, look forward to seeing this. Die Hard 4 really wasn't that bad also, I still disagree with the PG-13 direction they took the series in, but 4 was a fun romp none the less, maybe not such a great Die Hard film per se, but a decent action film all the same.

I think the days of a gratuitously voilent foul mouthed Die Hard are long gone sadly, which is a shame because I think some of the series biggest laughs were a direct result of that.

"I'm not the one who just got butt fucked on national TV Dwaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne!"

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Agent Jack Bauer CTU)
Post #: 28
RE: absolutely fantastic! love it - 5/10/2012 11:27:27 AM   
TPM007

Everyone take a look at mclane1's profile pic! (Above)That really defines who Mclane is. Cocky, defiant and totally awersome. If Die Hard 5 (which it will probably end up being called over here) gets Willis to be anything like this image of Mclane, I'll be happy. That first shot in the trailer where we see of Mclane in the lift with a shotgun - if he had a fag in his mouth, I'd have full belief in this movie!

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Thought the teaser was fine personally, look forward to seeing this. Die Hard 4 really wasn't that bad also, I still disagree with the PG-13 direction they took the series in, but 4 was a fun romp none the less, maybe not such a great Die Hard film per se, but a decent action film all the same.

I think the days of a gratuitously voilent foul mouthed Die Hard are long gone sadly, which is a shame because I think some of the series biggest laughs were a direct result of that.

"I'm not the one who just got butt fucked on national TV Dwaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne!"

My favourite -
"This channel is reserved for emergency frequencies only..."
"No f*****g s**t lady, does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza?!"

< Message edited by TPM007 -- 5/10/2012 11:30:21 AM >

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 29
RE: absolutely fantastic! love it - 5/10/2012 3:21:26 PM   
ED-209

Well, I was very unsure about another Die Hard movie even though I enjoyed the last one but the teaser showed a cute girl climbing off a motorbike and unzipping a tight leather catsuit so I'm sold!!

(in reply to TPM007)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> A Good Day To Die Hard Teaser Online Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI