Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 4/10/2012 12:49:40 AM   
Shifty Bench

Well, this made me ill. A guy rapes a severely handicapped woman who has the mentality of a 3-year old but judges overturn his conviction because 'there was no evidence she could not communicate her refusal to have sex' ..........

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/State-Supreme-Court-Tosses-Sex-Assault-Conviction-172269281.html

The fuck......?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)
Post #: 1
RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 4/10/2012 6:49:32 AM   
boaby

Good grief.

So are the court saying that consent is assumed unless explicitly not given? Even if that act to which one is expected to "withdraw" (bizarre notion for which I struggle to find a word) one's consent to partake in is beyond one's comprehension? Do these judges think a human with the mentality of a 3 year old knows wtf is going on in such a situation?

What idiot Governor(s) appointed such judges?

That's the most disgusting thing I've read in ages.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 2
RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 4/10/2012 7:23:35 PM   
Harley Quinn

I saw this last night and it made my blood pressure rocket. It's horrific and beyond wrong.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 3
RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 4/10/2012 8:30:48 PM   
sanchia

It is a pretty obscene thing to do, essentially does this mean that incapability to consent is consent? I get the feeling that this opens a floodgate of dangerous actions such as people in comas etc.

I really hope the Supreme Court overrules this state decision as it is a hideous ruling.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 4
RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 4/10/2012 9:24:30 PM   
superdan

Loathsome. Sometimes I think the world is closer to barbarism than civilisation.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 5
RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 4/10/2012 9:30:49 PM   
donethinking

If you ever needed anymore proof that the world is already completely fucked up.....there it is.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 6
RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 5/10/2012 9:52:45 AM   
MrsFinkelstein

So this means that if you get raped and you don't bite and kick and fight then you consented? And that it's OK to rape 3 year olds?

If ever a case needs referred up past State level I'd say this is it. Disgusting.

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 7
RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction - 5/10/2012 12:27:01 PM   
Phil884

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsFinkelstein

So this means that if you get raped and you don't bite and kick and fight then you consented? And that it's OK to rape 3 year olds?
If ever a case needs referred up past State level I'd say this is it. Disgusting.

No, because that would be statutory rape given the victim's age. However, for those over the age of consent, then seemingly, it's hunky dory if their mental age is that of a 3 year old.

Sometimes I feel like we live in a Kafkaesque absurdity of an existence.

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI