Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Good Day To Die Hard Image

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Good Day To Die Hard Image Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Good Day To Die Hard Image - 3/10/2012 9:09:49 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
WTF? - 3/10/2012 9:09:49 PM   
Pelle

Oh Sweet Jesus... McClane in Moscow with son called Jai. So they are actually trying to exceed the idiocy of the previous film. The majesty of one of the greatest franchises ever has tarnished permanently.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
THAT'S IT?! - 3/10/2012 11:03:25 PM   
Hughezyvstheworld

I love the Die Hard series (yes, i loved the 4th one) but how is THIS supposed to get people excited?

for all we known it's from Looper or Red or Expendables.

Post #: 3
RE: WTF? - 3/10/2012 11:39:36 PM   
Drooch

John Moore directing. Skip Woods writing. Marco Beltrami scoring. Overseen by Tom Rothman. This film will maraud McClane's corpse, after he was unceremoniously murdered by the unforgivable atrocity that is DH4. I doubt this will be as appalling as that juvenile watered/dumbed down creampuff for kids, but it will almost certainly be another nail in the coffin of this once-great series, which Bruce inexplicably seems to hate.

(in reply to Pelle)
Post #: 4
RE: WTF? - 3/10/2012 11:51:47 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

This latest outing for Bruce Willisí ex-NYPD officer and endlessly frustrated traveller John McClane finds him in Moscow, attempting to figure out some serious international trouble while also reconnecting with his estranged son, Jack (Jai Courtney).

Id forgotten about this.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 5
RE: WTF? - 3/10/2012 11:53:47 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drooch

John Moore directing. Skip Woods writing. Marco Beltrami scoring. Overseen by Tom Rothman. This film will maraud McClane's corpse, after he was unceremoniously murdered by the unforgivable atrocity that is DH4. I doubt this will be as appalling as that juvenile watered/dumbed down creampuff for kids, but it will almost certainly be another nail in the coffin of this once-great series, which Bruce inexplicably seems to hate.

Stop punishing good film-making.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 6
RE: WTF? - 4/10/2012 12:30:15 AM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

You consider Die Hard 4 an example of 'good film-making'?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 7
Don't judge yet... - 4/10/2012 12:33:04 AM   
TPM007

The guys who are hating on Die Hard 4 need to really feast their eyes on the un-cut edition, with more swearing and violence, as it really does change the tone of the film back to the good ol' McClane! As long as the John and son story takes a back seat and McClane does his own thing, I'll be lookin forward to this one! The trailer (rumoured for next week) may bring some light to the film...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 8
RE: WTF? - 4/10/2012 12:33:55 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

he's joking....well I hope he is

Personally I cant remember Die Hard 4,thankfully I may add.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 9
RE: WTF? - 4/10/2012 12:36:51 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

quote:

Stop punishing my opinions!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 10
RE: Don't judge yet... - 4/10/2012 1:54:22 AM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPM007

The guys who are hating on Die Hard 4 need to really feast their eyes on the un-cut edition, with more swearing and violence, as it really does change the tone of the film back to the good ol' McClane! As long as the John and son story takes a back seat and McClane does his own thing, I'll be lookin forward to this one! The trailer (rumoured for next week) may bring some light to the film...

Sadly, the 'un-cut edition' was a reaction to outraged fans, and featured dubbed in swearing and CGI blood puffs that were added after the fact to appease rightly infuriated Die Hard devotees, and milk more money out of them after duping them into seeing the kids film the first time round. All the cosmetic gizmos won't detract from the piss-poor writing and direction, and obvious teen-pandering tone of DHINO (Die Hard In Name Only) aka DH4.

(in reply to TPM007)
Post #: 11
RE: WTF? - 4/10/2012 1:58:34 AM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, it tends to evaporate from your brain while you watch it. It's a film tailored to ADD-riddled teens who like their movies to resemble a collection of video game cut-scenes. MonsterCat seems to be defending such films. Weird.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 12
RE: WTF? - 4/10/2012 2:21:11 AM   
Whistler

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, it tends to evaporate from your brain while you watch it. It's a film tailored to ADD-riddled teens who like their movies to resemble a collection of video game cut-scenes. MonsterCat seems to be defending such films. Weird.

I thought Die Hard 4 was pretty fun.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 13
RE: WTF? - 4/10/2012 2:51:44 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Marco Beltrami scoring.

Aw, damn......

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 14
Die Hard 5: Been Dead for Ages - 4/10/2012 9:59:20 AM   
BatSpider

The series has gone so lame, I didn't even know they were making a new one?

The first three movies were brilliant (apart from the last few minutes of With a Vengeance), and they should have left it there.

DH4 was an atrocity to cinema, and I've avoided watching Willis in anything since then. Stick to the crappy Sky TV ads, man....

Post #: 15
Have any suppposed related actors looked less alike? - 4/10/2012 12:34:20 PM   
spideed2

Post #: 16
What son? - 4/10/2012 1:48:30 PM   
gb901

Was it ever mentioned in any of the 4 films he ever had a son?

Post #: 17
Total crap! - 4/10/2012 2:04:58 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

Die Hard 4 was awful! This sounds awful! Will not waste my money on seeing this!

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Good Day To Die Hard Image Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI