Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Little Girl Missing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Little Girl Missing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 11:40:00 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsFinkelstein

Kay Burley has now taken it upon herself to inform locals of the fact it is now a murder investigation and then asking them how they feel. A truly truly vile woman.

And this is 'reporting'?

I don't want to hi-jack a thread about a really horrible and sad situation with an anti-sky rant, but Kay Burley really is a tactless and disgusting Rupert Murdoch monkey with the intelligence and compassion of a cockroach. Actually, that's pretty insulting to cockroaches - let's just call her a putrescent bitch.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 6/10/2012 11:47:17 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 91
RE: Little Girl Missing - 7/10/2012 12:50:28 AM   
steffols

This is such an odd case. He has been in custody since Tuesday, April was taken on Monday night and they have charged him with murder without a body. Has he admitted to the crime, and if he has, what on earth happened in that tiny amount of time between April being reported as missing, and him being arrested?

Also, along with the similar stories above, my little brother wandered out of the back garden when he was three (I would have been 15) and I cannot begin to describe the levels of panic I was feeling. It is unlike anything I have ever felt in my life, he just vanished. He eventually showed up after about 20 minutes after our neighbours went out in their car and my Gran was in a completely different street. Turns out he had gone up to the school playground (less than two minutes away) to play football with the big boys but they wouldn't let him. He had his football, his whistle and his football strip on. It turned from the most panicked moment of my life into the most cutest in less the minute. It's moments like that you really know what love is. I would not wish what Aprils family are going through on my worst enemy.

< Message edited by steffols -- 7/10/2012 1:12:23 AM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 92
RE: Little Girl Missing - 7/10/2012 1:15:50 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I dunno if this is the first high profile abduction since I've had kids of my own but I've found myself hoping for the best pretty much continuously since Monday.

This is it for me to be honest.
Except the McGanns but this one seems to have had more of an impact on me as my own daughter is 5 and you cant help but compare.

When the child in question is the same age as one's own it's impossible not to make those comparisons. Madeleine McCann was (is?) the same age as my son.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 93
RE: Little Girl Missing - 7/10/2012 9:46:49 PM   
UTB

So, has the guy that's been arrested confessed but not saying where the body is? I'm sure I'm missing some news somewhere...?

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 94
RE: Little Girl Missing - 8/10/2012 10:43:20 AM   
steffols

That's what I think as well. There's a huge chunk of information this investigation is missing and it's the whereabouts of April. I'm assuming he is admitted to the crime but not to her location.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 95
RE: Little Girl Missing - 8/10/2012 10:51:25 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

Nobody is reporting anything about a confession. Such an odd case as well as tragic.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 96
RE: Little Girl Missing - 8/10/2012 11:31:33 AM   
DancingClown

So he's been charged with murder, child abduction and perverting the course of justice - in this case referring to "the unlawful disposal of a body" - to which there must be significant evidence. And presumably he's not saying where she is, despite all this apparent evidence against him. Makes me think of that cunt Ian Brady.

Have to say, though, never quite seen the 'point' of hurling abuse at police vans, as if that's somehow going to magically influence justice or right any wrongs. I understand the frustration, but can't help feeling that there's a righteous narcissism that goes with it.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 97
RE: Little Girl Missing - 8/10/2012 6:42:58 PM   
jon5000

Knee jerk reaction or justice served?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i_6JzQLRLJDvJ7JEcttuiYwnS6yA?docId=N0120271349700249691A

I think I sit in the former camp. He's clearly an idiot, but 12 weeks for a crappy and in poor taste joke on his own private facebook page? What a waste of tax money for starters.

Whether or not you believe that sentence representative of the crime, I find the actual legislation frighteningly vague and insanely subjective.

Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if heó

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(2)A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, heó

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b)causes such a message to be sent; or

(c)persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

Personally I don't find jokes about dead children funny, but I find the attack this verdict has on free speech more than a little insane. Especially in this country.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 98
RE: Little Girl Missing - 8/10/2012 7:20:08 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

Knee jerk reaction or justice served?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i_6JzQLRLJDvJ7JEcttuiYwnS6yA?docId=N0120271349700249691A

I think I sit in the former camp. He's clearly an idiot, but 12 weeks for a crappy and in poor taste joke on his own private facebook page? What a waste of tax money for starters.

It's the 'comments of a sexually explicit nature about the five-year-old' that probably pushed the verdict. The comments nobody will print.

I don't think he should have been jailed but while it was on his own 'private' Facebook page, somebody that is friends with him clearly took offence.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 99
RE: Little Girl Missing - 8/10/2012 8:21:18 PM   
SWOTBM

What gets me is how selective they are being when it comes to prosecuting. I'm sure if the authorities ever stumbled across /b/ they could fill all the jails in the country (if they aren't already full).

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 100
RE: Little Girl Missing - 8/10/2012 9:20:26 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

What gets me is how selective they are being when it comes to prosecuting. I'm sure if the authorities ever stumbled across /b/ they could fill all the jails in the country (if they aren't already full).

Christ yeah. And imagine the amount of jail time due for some on Youtube comments. The UK had better start building some more jails if this kind of thing carries on.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 101
RE: Little Girl Missing - 23/11/2012 2:48:56 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Seriously, where is this girl?? They've even got Catherine Zeta-Jones in to help.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 102
RE: Little Girl Missing - 30/4/2013 4:24:03 PM   
paulyboy

I always wondered what dirt they had on him if they were able to seemingly charge him with murder when no body was found, now we know:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22353735

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 103
RE: Little Girl Missing - 30/4/2013 6:27:30 PM   
Brooksy84

Seems pretty cut and dried. What a despicable piece of bacteria. Hopefully there's a razor blade melted into a toothbrush with his name on it inside.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 104
RE: Little Girl Missing - 1/5/2013 10:18:39 AM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

Seems pretty cut and dried. What a despicable piece of bacteria. Hopefully there's a razor blade melted into a toothbrush with his name on it inside.

Whoa whoa whoa!

Any need for that second sentence?

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 105
RE: Little Girl Missing - 1/5/2013 11:50:28 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Reading that whole article, I actually feel physically ill

I watch so many crime TV series, like Criminal Minds, that one would think one would get inured to the descriptions of what people are capable of, but knowing it's a) real b) relatively local, c) relatively recent, and d) involving a child, makes it horrific. In fact, those episodes involving children always affected me much more than the others, and this case being real actually makes me physically feel ill.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 106
RE: Little Girl Missing - 2/5/2013 1:47:44 PM   
Phil884

Iíve found this story particularly upsetting from when it was first reported that she was missing to reading about the trial to date. I think because it involves such a young child. I know he remains to be convicted but the evidence appears damning. As such, If he did in fact do what has been reported and alluded to, it breaks my heart to think of what that innocent little girl went through. I am not a religious man, but if there is something after this life, I hope she is at peace there now. At the risk of going all Daily Mail, in this instance, and if he is guilty, I fervently wish the horror of his acts be revisited upon him one hundred fold and for eternity.

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 107
RE: Little Girl Missing - 2/5/2013 3:54:58 PM   
Brooksy84

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

Whoa whoa whoa!

Any need for that second sentence?

Second, or third? I stand by both.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 108
RE: Little Girl Missing - 2/5/2013 6:23:24 PM   
sanchia

Personally I tend to be of the opinion that when found guilty (and I think there is very little chance he will not be, but with a jury involved you never know) he should be thrown into an oubliette and never see the light of day again.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 109
RE: Little Girl Missing - 2/5/2013 11:34:20 PM   
Ghidorah

We still haven't heard his previous convictions. I have no doubt with his cruel nature he has a string of previous offences and is known to be a danger to children. It just this time he just went a little bit further.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 110
RE: Little Girl Missing - 2/5/2013 11:54:16 PM   
elab49

Innocent until proven guilty - please take care with your absolutes Ghidorah as they still count as libel. You know nothing of his nature, cruel or otherwise. What you've done is read press reporting of the prosecution case, a press that has clearly learned few lessons from when they were so very certain over Chris Jeffries.

Brooksy - Shool's comment wasn't whether or not you stood by what you said but re the appropriateness of posting such a violent statement here. And as with the comment above - he isn't convicted. so care with the words as this stage would be appreciated. Eg as Sanchia did. By doing so you can still express your opinion - just remember to throw in the required 'allegedly's'.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 111
RE: Little Girl Missing - 3/5/2013 8:46:09 AM   
sanchia

One way or another he is going to get some conviction. I would say at this time it is a decision over manslaughter or murder depending on which version of events are believed. The inproper disposal of a human body is a sure bet.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 112
RE: Little Girl Missing - 3/5/2013 9:49:36 AM   
elab49

On that there's no doubt - the prosecution case is quite damning.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 113
RE: Little Girl Missing - 3/5/2013 9:58:30 AM   
Brooksy84

As has already been said, the fact that he has been charged with murder without a body suggests an overwhelming amount of evidence in favour of that charge. Certainly what I've seen from coverage of the trial so far fits with this. Without wanting to go all "as a parent", the idea that someone like this (yes, allegedly) can live in such close proximity to your child does very little to soothe everyday parental anxiety.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 114
RE: Little Girl Missing - 3/5/2013 10:05:28 AM   
sanchia

I haven't read a great deal on the case but did he have prior convictions for such? Without them he could well have been anybody and there is no way of knowing who may be a danger to society.

(Locks self in panic room).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 115
RE: Little Girl Missing - 3/5/2013 11:59:26 PM   
Brooksy84

Yeah my point exactly. Scary to think how dangerous someone who appears to be fairly innocuous can be.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 116
RE: Little Girl Missing - 30/5/2013 5:08:16 PM   
Rebenectomy

Bridger gets life http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/30/mark-bridger-jailed-life-april-jones

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 117
RE: Little Girl Missing - 30/5/2013 8:03:07 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Bridger gets life http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/30/mark-bridger-jailed-life-april-jones

Good riddance! Very pleased to hear the words "you'll never be released from prison" too.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 118
RE: Little Girl Missing - 31/5/2013 8:08:09 AM   
matty_b

Unbelievable that he still won't tell the parents what he did with her body.

Well, let's hope he spends the rest of his miserable little existence nervously looking over his shoulder in the shower room.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 119
RE: Little Girl Missing - 31/5/2013 11:01:24 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Unbelievable that he still won't tell the parents what he did with her body.

Well, let's hope he spends the rest of his miserable little existence nervously looking over his shoulder in the shower room.

This is quite queasy to talk about so I apologise in advance but Bridger had worked in an abbatoir for the better part of the decade, one of my close friends works in the one in our village and, as horrific as this, I suspect, given the expertise they learn, Bridger would have known exactly how to dismantle and dispose of a body giving him the very best chance of it never being found.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Little Girl Missing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI