Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Little Girl Missing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Little Girl Missing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 11:37:24 AM   
MrsFinkelstein

Kay Burley has now taken it upon herself to inform locals of the fact it is now a murder investigation and then asking them how they feel. A truly truly vile woman.

And this is 'reporting'?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 61
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 11:40:35 AM   
MrsFinkelstein

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Maybe they are being forced to make it clear that all these amateurs turning up aren't helping? They've been trying to restrict them for days from getting in the way and they've got some of them organising themselves which is no more than a form of selfishness no matter how altruistic they think they're being.  Especially after all that nonsense on the BBC yesterday.

E.g. that terribly upset man on the news just now. He's not a bad person and he wants to help but, ultimately, it's selfishness - he has put his need to do something as more important so he and others will continue to compromise the search.

Plus the fact if it is a murder investigation, then all evidence found must be handled absolutely correctly otherwise it would be inadmissible.

That's just what you would need - a herd of well meaning but untrained volunteers trampling all over a crime scene and leaving the door wide open for a defence lawyer to have the whole thing flung out.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 62
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 11:40:36 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsFinkelstein

Kay Burley has now taken it upon herself to inform locals of the fact it is now a murder investigation and then asking them how they feel. A truly truly vile woman.

And this is 'reporting'?

Stir it up and 'report' on the reactions. Boot.

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 63
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 11:44:18 AM   
Chief

Taking Elabs example of her neice getting missed in a cupboard in her own house, how easy would it be for an untrained member of the public to not check an old farmhouse (for example) properly?

Would the trained officers/searchers have to go around double checking everywhere behind them?

< Message edited by Chief -- 5/10/2012 11:45:48 AM >

Post #: 64
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 12:11:02 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Taking Elabs example of her neice getting missed in a cupboard in her own house, how easy would it be for an untrained member of the public to not check an old farmhouse (for example) properly?

Would the trained officers/searchers have to go around double checking everywhere behind them?

Very true, it then doubles the amount of work the Police/official searchers have to do. Or an untrained eye could potentially miss something? A piece of clothing, or something, disturbed ground etc?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 65
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 12:18:33 PM   
jon5000

Outstanding journalistic ineptitude by Kay Burley.

What you have there is a perfect illustration of how 'news' is ultimately business commodity to many modern journalists; particularly those in Murdoch's camp. So much so that it's left them completely out of touch in how to deliver that news considerately; or rather, as an ordinary human being would. It's just become something 'to say' to keep the channel interesting for 24 hours.

Disgusting.

Post #: 66
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 12:25:47 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsFinkelstein

And this is 'reporting'?

She's a f*cking b*tch.

Post #: 67
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 12:52:22 PM   
elab49

Not sure it was just locals - comments elsewhere suggest it was the girl's godmother. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 68
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 1:07:47 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Not sure it was just locals - comments elsewhere suggest it was the girl's godmother. 

So she (Kate Burley) informed the Girls Godmother?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 69
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 1:21:59 PM   
sharkboy

Re the arrest on suspicion of murder - today was the last day they could hold the suspect without seeking an extension.  Could it be that they've charged him rather than risk not being granted extended custody and having to release him, rather than it being an affirmation that she is now dead?  Or maybe that's just me, hoping against the odds that there may still be a positive outcome to all this.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 70
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 1:37:04 PM   
DancingClown

I've seen the clip of Burley and while I can't stand the cow she shouldn't become a national punching-bag over this. Everyone is rightly frustrated but let's remember who the real villain is.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 71
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 1:37:13 PM   
Phil884

I think they've only arrested him (not charged him) for murder so they must stiil request an extension this evening if they wish to hold him further. So, doesn't look too good really. Been trying to spin it positively anyway i can in my head too, as this one feels so distressing and upsetting and i can't get out my head what she has gone through/is going through and how her parents must be.

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 72
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 1:40:29 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Re the arrest on suspicion of murder - today was the last day they could hold the suspect without seeking an extension.  Could it be that they've charged him rather than risk not being granted extended custody and having to release him, rather than it being an affirmation that she is now dead?  Or maybe that's just me, hoping against the odds that there may still be a positive outcome to all this.

I was thinking that. Hopefully they've just changed the charge to hold him longer, if that's possible.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 73
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 2:30:45 PM   
Harry Tuttle

A few of my friends work for the Snowdon Mountain Rescue team and they've been helping out with the search (officially like). Word on the street in the area is that Mark Bridger is an ex boyfriend of April's mother. Dunno if that's been confirmed anywhere or if it's just idle gossip. It could go some way towards explaining a motive (if he's guilty) I suppose.

I dunno what it is about this story that's got to me so much in comparison to other child abductions. Granted it's happened fairly local but it's still a good 50 odd miles away. I dunno if this is the first high profile abduction since I've had kids of my own but I've found myself hoping for the best pretty much continuously since Monday.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 74
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 2:35:08 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I dunno if this is the first high profile abduction since I've had kids of my own but I've found myself hoping for the best pretty much continuously since Monday.

This is it for me to be honest.
Except the McGanns but this one seems to have had more of an impact on me as my own daughter is 5 and you cant help but compare.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 75
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 2:39:39 PM   
Phil884

Ditto this. Have a 2 year old daughter and since we had her, all stories involving kids seem to affect me far more than they did beforehand.

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 76
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 2:47:13 PM   
crimond

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil884

Ditto this. Have a 2 year old daughter and since we had her, all stories involving kids seem to affect me far more than they did beforehand.

I agree. I have a 2 year old son and any story regarding missing/ hurt children really makes me sad.

I keep meaning to delete the BBC news app from my phone as almost every time I open it there is a story about child cruelty. The stories make me well-up as I can't understand how anyone could hurt a child. When my son hurts himself I just want to give him a cuddle and reassure him he's ok. The things some people do to vulnerable people is frightening.

(in reply to Phil884)
Post #: 77
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 2:53:00 PM   
Shifty Bench

I don't have kids and stories like this upset me. Just think how I'd be if I did have kids

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to crimond)
Post #: 78
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 3:24:36 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I don't have kids and stories like this upset me. Just think how I'd be if I did have kids

I think it's fair to say you'd still be just as upset to be honest but imagining it happening to this wee mite that you've looked after and protect from all these bad things seems to amplify it.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 79
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 3:34:05 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I think it's fair to say you'd still be just as upset to be honest but imagining it happening to this wee mite that you've looked after and protect from all these bad things seems to amplify it.

Indeed. My sister is 15 years my junior, so I was an adult when she was five, if anything happened to her then (or at any time, obviously) I'd be devastated. I just imagine how I'd feel if this happened to me and magnify that by 100 to try to understand what these families go through.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 80
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 3:39:34 PM   
Hood_Man

Same as Shifty, no kids but still horrified. Then again as I mentioned in the first post, I remember what my sister was like when she was 5, and she was the sort of child who would be confident and trusting of anyone.

She actually did go missing once when we were on holiday, she just wandered off on her own without telling anyone. Thankfully we found her on the beach playing in the sand, but it's still the only time I've ever seen my parents look scared, and she could easily have been led away by someone with a smile and an outstretched hand.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 81
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 3:51:57 PM   
Shifty Bench

Yeah, my sister went missing in Woolworths once, we looked for her for about ten minutes. We just kept passing the wee shite without noticing her while looking for her. She thought it was a game, it was a horrible feeling. She was about five or six at the time.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 5/10/2012 3:53:39 PM >

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 82
RE: Little Girl Missing - 5/10/2012 4:38:14 PM   
MrsFinkelstein

I remember when my twins were born and whilst I was on mat leave that advert for the NSPCC was on ALL the time - you know the one with the boy getting his homework torn up, and the baby in his crib with the empty bottle........

Floods of tears from me........ the thought of anything bad happening to children was horrifying because you can so easily put your child's face in that scenario. At the time the James Bulger case was awful, but when my 2 were the same age it made it even worse because I realised he was still just a baby.

It doesn't get any better as they get older either.

< Message edited by MrsFinkelstein -- 5/10/2012 4:39:30 PM >

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 83
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 3:46:02 PM   
Hood_Man

Charged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19853582

Post #: 84
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 4:20:20 PM   
DancingClown

Perhaps now he might at least confess and tell the police what he did with her.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 85
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 5:49:39 PM   
jon5000

I feel quite sorry for the police in these situations as they've no doubt had to work incredibly hard to corroborate a case together in such tight legal windows, while he's probably provided little in the way of helpful information toward the investigation. Not that it would be in his interest to do so if he was guilty of course. But it must be so stressful for them, with the pressures of media inquiry. They really cannot afford to make mistakes.

And whether it was him or not, it's just awful again being reminded that there are monsters in the world today. Especially in your own country and in such a picture perfect environment. On top of the awfulness of the crime, it has the effect of making everybody that much more paranoid and knee-jerk. I grew up very close to where Sarah Payne was abducted and I can remember the feeling around town and even at school at that time felt so alien. You just wondered who you were living next door to (I think Roy Whiting's flat was even closer to where my parents lived). The kind of quite explorative childhood I'd had of going out for the afternoon, making dens in parks etc. (I was 12 at the time) just wasn't going to happen anymore. And no doubt the death penalty debate will rear its ugly head again because of it.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 86
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 8:30:16 PM   
donethinking

Bring out the thumbs screws i say.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 87
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 9:59:55 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

Bring out the thumbs screws i say.

Sliiiightly problematic if you follow the whole innocent until proven guilty thing.

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 88
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 10:26:17 PM   
donethinking

Obviously you dont tell anyone jon...

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 89
RE: Little Girl Missing - 6/10/2012 10:58:40 PM   
jon5000

Aaah human rights, *wink* wink* etc.

Igetcha

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Little Girl Missing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI