Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD !

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 10/10/2012 3:57:15 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

If anybody is the same level as me or on a mission I recognise then I'll just drop in. If you drop in with somebody further along in the story I don't think it'll overwrite your story progress like the first game did, it'll put you back to your save point and ask you if you want to skip those missions when you eventually reach 'em. I think...

yup pretty much. Anything you do single player carries through online and vice versa. If you jump in to an online game and do a mission you havnt got to yet then when you come to do that mission on your playthrough it will tell you you can skip it. If you jump onto someone else game you can do a mission youve done you just dont get the XP reward. It all depends on if you join or be joined...

< Message edited by Jaded_Parrot -- 10/10/2012 3:59:11 PM >

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 31
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 11/10/2012 8:42:50 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

Anyone know what the radios are all about ?
I keep coming across them, chenging the stations, turning them off, blowing them up......nothing.
Is it a mission I haven't come across yet ?

In John Le Mesurier's last words........

' Its All Been Rather Lovely '

Happy Trails

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 32
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 11/10/2012 3:00:20 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

having a couple of hours on this tonight cannot wait, Nearly at the end of the blooshed perk tree thing! (Zer0) im going to be a holographic sneaky bastard!!!

(in reply to Happy Shrapnel)
Post #: 33
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 16/10/2012 9:12:34 AM   
sroey

Finished this (twice - with different characters) over the weekend. Managed to pickup a couple of 'orange' weapons!

Love this game.

However one thing that is causing me a bit of grief, bloody image retention on my plasma from the HUD. I had to turn down the brightness somewhat to minimize damage but hours fly by when playing this game and my poor old Plasma is taking a hit

An option to amend opacity settings for the HUD would be handy!

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 34
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 16/10/2012 9:15:41 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

There's nothing nicer then opening up a box and finding a weapon that blows the fuck out of the opposition........

Is it me, or is this game a lot harder then Borderlands ? You really have to equip your weapons with thought !

Happy Trails

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 35
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 16/10/2012 9:34:12 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I found it much harder than the first at start but I kind of reached a plateau a few levels back where enemies seem to drop a bit easier. My 202x18 shotgun to the face probably helps as well .

Finished my first circle of slaughter last night, I found the 3rd and 4th round much more difficult than the 5th for some strange reason. I'm getting a tad annoyed though, my co-op partner isn't as available for sessions with this game as he was with the first. I don't really want to start tearing through it in single player and be out of synch with him so I'm finding myself just wandering the wastelands farming weapons* and xp while I wait for him to be able to join in. I'd be on playthrough 2.5 if I was playing this solo but as it stands I'm still at level 21 roughly halfway through the game I'd imagine.

I think I might start a new character for a solo playthrough, I'll probs check out the Assassin, some of his skills are sick.

* Quick tip, If you allow a Goliath to level up to a God-Liath he'll always drop either a purple weapon or stacks of eridium it seems. The Tundra is amazing for farming weapons because there's loads of Goliaths and loads of fodder for them to level up. I got my shotgun and a kick arse sniper rifle (800+ elemental damage) by doing that.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 36
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 16/10/2012 9:36:57 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

I asked before but whats the deal with the radios ?

I've done one Slaughterhouse......fucking exhausting !!!!!!

Happy Trails

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 37
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 16/10/2012 10:05:33 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happy Shrapnel

I asked before but whats the deal with the radios ?

Just background noise I think, much like the ones in Fallout 3/NV. I'm fairly certain they're not significant.

According to my badass challenges I've already picked up one orange item although I'll be fucked if I can remember it. I must have sold it without noticing or something

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Post #: 38
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 17/10/2012 4:19:47 PM   
Scott_

Got the DLC, looks lovely. Reading that it's General Knoxx sized which means it's mahoosive. Gearbox put out the best DLC, only just completed the game today so the timing is perfect, I will find me the Pirates Booty before embarking on True Vault Hunter mode where the real fun will begin. And by fun I mean lots of dying...

< Message edited by Scott_ -- 17/10/2012 4:20:13 PM >

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 39
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 17/10/2012 7:12:16 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Just background noise I think, much like the ones in Fallout 3/NV. I'm fairly certain they're not significant.

According to my badass challenges I've already picked up one orange item although I'll be fucked if I can remember it. I must have sold it without noticing or something

There are a couple of easter eggs that involve using the radios.

Your orange was probably the shield you get from the firehawk missions - killing incinerator clayton etc, though the shield is only level 8 so you probably didn't use it - mine is sitting in the shared bank thingy by claptrap waiting for my next character to get to sanctuary.

I have had a few orange drops - a rifle from the first boss (the midget riding the bullymong) it used rifle ammunition but pretty much shot grenades, i have also had a grenade mod and a couple of shields. No really good high level stuff yet though.

Do have "moxxis good touch" on my siren. Tipped her a shedload of cash and she handed it over saying "this is my favourite gun - you'll find out why...." - your controller vibrates as soon as you equip it and it vibrates harder when you aim

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 40
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 8:09:46 AM   
Hooch0959

Wow has this game got "Crack" in it cause fuck me its moreish. I just can't put it down, jumped into the DLC last night and I'm loving it, some of the one liners are mega funny and man is the DLC coughing up some loot, way more than I've seen in the main game so far

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 41
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 9:31:54 AM   
Peter Griffin

Is the original or this worth buying to play single player?
I ask as i don't get much time to play online these days.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 42
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 9:35:53 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

They are both well worth playing as a single player, I do and I'm addicted.
One of the best things about the first game was the Zombie Island add on pack......
It was like playing Scooby Doo with bullets !!!!

Happy Trails

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 43
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 9:36:50 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happy Shrapnel

They are both well worth playing as a single player, I do and I'm addicted.
One of the best things about the first game was the Zombie Island add on pack......
It was like playing Scooby Doo with bullets !!!!

Cheers bud.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 44
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 3:09:21 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Grr, one thing I hate about PC gaming is the ease of game save hacking. My co-op partner has found a save editor for this and has started unlocking all his skills and creating legendary weapons. I told him to revert back if he wanted to carry on playing with me (which he did thankfully). He tried to blag me into doing the same, I can't believe that I had to explain to him that the reward of a skill point is what keeps me going between levels and the possibility of picking up a kick arse weapon is what drives me to open every damn box and container I see. Why the hell would you want to negate 2 of the most important elements to the game's addictiveness?

I dabbled with a save editor for the first game and it was great fun creating overpowered weapons from scratch but by then I was on playthrough 2.5 not half way through my first playthrough. Hopefully I'm going to be able to keep my mate from fucking around till we've at least finished the first playthrough. I mean, if he's got a rocket launcher that annihilates everything on the screen in one shot then it's barely worth me playing along with him.

I knew I should have got this on the 360 instead of the PC

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 18/10/2012 3:42:55 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 45
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 3:50:41 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Grr, one thing I hate about PC gaming is the ease of game save hacking. My co-op partner has found a save editor for this and has started unlocking all his skills and creating legendary weapons. I told him to revert back if he wanted to carry on playing with me (which he did thankfully). He tried to blag me into doing the same, I can't believe that I had to explain to him that the reward of a skill point is what keeps me going between levels and the possibility of picking up a kick arse weapon is what drives me to open every damn box and container I see. Why the hell would you want to negate 2 of the most important elements to the game's addictiveness?

I dabbled with a save editor for the first game and it was great fun creating overpowered weapons from scratch but by then I was on playthrough 2.5 not half way through my first playthrough. Hopefully I'm going to be able to keep my mate from fucking around till we've at least finished the first playthrough. I mean, if he's got a rocket launcher that annihilates everything on the screen in one shot then it's barely worth me playing along with him.

I knew I should have got this on the 360 instead of the PC

The same things happens on 360. The amount of times I see pillocks with maxed out money and lvl 50 is disheartening.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 46
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 4:23:55 PM   
Harry Tuttle

That's a shame. Granted they're only spoiling it for themselves and their co-op partners but why spoil it at all?

Also, who the hell needs a money hack for this? I've got more money than I can spend just by picking up and selling everything I can carry. I've also maxed out my ammo capacity and backpack size by laboriously farming Eridium (Tundra and Sanctuary). Grinding is part of the charm dammit, if people can't be bothered with the RPG elements of the game why not play Battlefield 3 or something instead?

There's every possibility I'll start pissing about with an editor in the future but not during playthrough numero uno, that's just silly.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 18/10/2012 4:25:36 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 47
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 18/10/2012 10:26:22 PM   
bub

Been playing this for about a week and I'm up to level 16 with the Gunzerker dude. Such a fun game I've yet to be bored once. I never played the first as I heard too much that it was a dull grind. The cell shaded graphics are superb looking and its amazing the huge variety of guns available. The missions all seem nice and varied and theres some great fun side quests to, I came across a robot being beaten up so I put its CPU into another robot and he tried to kill me! Then he did it again and then he gave up and I turned him into a shotgun that talks to me! Probably the funniest game I've ever played I've genuinely laughed a lot, which compared to most developers attempts at 'humour' is a miracle.

Post #: 48
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 20/10/2012 1:36:13 PM   
Hooch0959

This Pirate tackle is the best DLC I think I've played. Even the music rocks. I'd go as far as saying that its better than Horse Armour

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 49
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 23/10/2012 10:14:08 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

How big is this game !!!!
I'm on level 30 and I've just opened up about 10 new missions !!!!

Happy Trails

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 50
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 26/10/2012 8:01:20 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I started a single player game the other day as I'm tired of only playing this sporadically in co-op. I'm in Firestone at the moment, and I just buzzed my bollocks off doing the history of T.K. Baha mission, what a brilliantly done blast from the past. Seeing what's happened to the place has hardened my resolve to fuck Handsome Jack up .

Oh, and Brick's badassery tips are amazing, absolutely amazing .

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 51
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 1/11/2012 8:37:34 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

Its so much fun, going back once you've built up your skill level and wiping out enemies with bigger guns !!!!
They don't stand a chance ! Its a bloodbath !
I'm up to level 35 now and I went back and did the Slaughterhouse.........carnage !

Happy Trails

Post #: 52
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 26/6/2013 10:18:08 AM   
sroey

Ok so can anyone explain how you actually download the extra DLC?

I tried via the game - and it said dont install from there as I will be charged...I have the season pass too. Same message from the marketplace?

Oddly it is only displaying the compatibility pack and mechomancer as being installed when I have the Pirate Booty and Mr Torgues DLC...

Stoopid game

Post #: 53
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 27/6/2013 9:10:35 AM   
sroey

Well the in game DLC option worked last night so I jumped back into this game...

I forgot how much fun this is! Love it! Currently playing through the Mr Torgue dlc - absolutely hilarious

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 54
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 7/8/2013 4:39:12 PM   
Saltire

I have been playing Borderlands 2 solo non-stop for about 2 months straight lol, I need a break from it! Will come back to it when the level increase comes in and the next DLC is released. Tiny Tina's DLC is cracking, though bloody tough!!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 55
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 7/12/2013 8:53:04 PM   
Fordevino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

This Pirate tackle is the best DLC I think I've played. Even the music rocks. I'd go as far as saying that its better than Horse Armour

Yea loved that DLC as well.. best ever!

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 56
RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! - 4/5/2014 12:00:44 AM   
the anomaly

Any one up for tackling the raid bosses?

I have all of the DLC and a few of the big bosses are giving Joyous and I trouble. Both on our first playthroughs (Level 43 Zero/Assassin Level 42 Gunzerker).

Still enjoy this and I think I'll pick up the sequel/prequel. Though the latest annoyance is losing weapons when picking up another by accident. Sometimes your weapon will just drop on the ground and disappear. Incredibly annoying when a big drive of this is just looting and getting better loot.

Oh and Tiny Tina's DLC was awesome fun. We are just tying up the random bosses and the latest head hunter challenges.

(in reply to Fordevino)
Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI