Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 31 Days of Horror

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: 31 Days of Horror Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 31 Days of Horror - 31/10/2012 7:27:38 AM   
ukacidman

Number 1

HALLOWEEN

Well it had to be, you knew it, I knw it,they new it, even mr Myers knew it.. I would dont say this is the best ever horror, its seems a little dated these days, and Michael myers comes across as a little naff. but these elements add to retro feel and look of it. Its more creepy than scary,The music is proberly what seals the deal. anyway I gave it viewing last night..
funnily enough tonights viewing is part 3....

hope you dont mind me nicking you poster. Empire.

here/r the Intro.. great stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9HIo4qFwOE

I hope you have all enjoyed my Halloween countdown.. feedback has been and is welcome..

ps BOOOO

< Message edited by ukacidman -- 31/10/2012 7:34:30 AM >

" WAKE UP TIME TO DIE
"
last 5 cinema visits 2013
The Great Gatsby 7/10
Star Trek into darkness - 8/10
Iron Man 3 ( 8/10)
Good Vibrations 8/10
Cloude Atlas 7/10

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 91
RE: 31 Days of Horror - 31/10/2012 9:08:15 PM   
ScottiE

Great list there Acid

top pics have to be The Beast with 5 fingers,Cabin In the woods,Evild deads & of course The Thing..

Funnerly enough Im gonna be watching halloween 3 laters.. mind you I am comming up to your house to watch it.. lol.

anyway check my clip out in homage of all things SCARY !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IezWgqg_-cQ

< Message edited by ScottiE -- 31/10/2012 9:14:47 PM >

" Your 10 seconds away from the most embarrasing moment of your life "

"When you need to shoot , shoot, dont talk "

(in reply to ukacidman)
Post #: 92
RE: 31 Days of Horror - 31/10/2012 9:11:23 PM   
Alan Grant

I've always been a bit of a chicken shit when it came to horror films. My brother was the weirdo out of the two of us.

Babies smell!

Films viewed in 2013

My film collection

(in reply to ScottiE)
Post #: 93
RE: 31 Days of Horror - 31/10/2012 10:40:19 PM   
siegfried

Can't think of a more appropriate one to end on.
My third favourite Carpenter film, and one of the few horrors that I've seen many times.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to Alan Grant)
Post #: 94
RE: 31 Days of Horror - 31/10/2012 11:44:11 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Great Top 3, they would all rank very highly if I made a horror list.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 95
RE: 31 Days of Horror - 1/11/2012 9:06:09 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: ukacidman

Number 1

HALLOWEEN

Well it had to be, you knew it, I knw it,they new it, even mr Myers knew it.. I would dont say this is the best ever horror, its seems a little dated these days, and Michael myers comes across as a little naff. but these elements add to retro feel and look of it. Its more creepy than scary,The music is proberly what seals the deal. anyway I gave it viewing last night..
funnily enough tonights viewing is part 3....

here/r the Intro.. great stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9HIo4qFwOE

I hope you have all enjoyed my Halloween countdown.. feedback has been and is welcome..

ps BOOOO

The Burning - Love the fulluncut version of this,as it brings back ye old Video Nasty days,when you got the bootleg of films like this under the counter at your local video shopalways uncut.
The Beast with Five Fingers - Not a great horror but fun film.
From Beyond - This and Re-Animator where excellent Lovecraft inspired films.
28 Days Later - Nice one was talking about this over Halloween,one of the better modren Zombie films around though it would be more top fifty or lower. 
In the Mouth of Madness - One of Carpenter's best,but seems to only get a small cult following which is a shame,but good tosee it this high up.
The Mist - A real slow burner with a knock out ending,and up there with the best King films.
Salem's Lot - This scared the shit out of me when i first saw it,a very creepy well made TV film
The Blob - Jelly load of fun,but not in my top100. 
Rec - Now this is a Zombie film with real bite,even with subtitles. 
Pontypool - Another modren take on zombies from a director with a good eye for horror.
The Birds - Classic Hitchcock,and a great chiller with a good message for even todays film fans.
Cabin in the Woods - Damn this was a let down to me,i maybe expected to much,but then again it did'nt improve on second viewing.
Night of the Living Dead - Romero's classic that inspired so many other great Zombie films,and the awesome TV show,The Walking Dead. 
The Fly - Great fun but Cronenberg's 1986 film put this in the shade. 
30 Days of Night - What can i say i love Vampire films,and this was bloody great fun.
Suspira - Argento's Classic/Masterpiece that still looks and sounds awesome,a real dark fariy tale for adults. 
Final Destination - Just bought the 1-4 Blu-Ray box set and 5,so i'm a fan and the first is just so wonderfull.
Event Horizon - If only this director had been able to match this with the rest of his output,but still a classic Sci/Fi horror. 
Scream - Used to love this but i've been getting bored of it and the rest of this Franchise.
Hellraiser - Classic British Weird Horror,and must re-watch this before the Remake arives..
American Werewolf In London - Another great horror film,that was'nt afraid to throw in a few real strange shock dream scenes.
Saw - Liked this but not a classic Splatter film by a long shot.
Evil Dead/Evil Dead 2 - Cult Classics,and i can understand why you put the two togetter,most excellent, both.
Nightmare Before Christmas - Great kiddies horror fun,and that includes us that did not grow up,but this high? 
A L I E N - Now everyone knows this is my number one fav,Sci/Fi Horror film of all time,just knocking The Thing into second.
Nightmare on Elm Street - Now this was a great chiller/horror film,it got nearly as many bums in the air as The Fog,a real shocker.
The Shining - A Kubrick classic,and the best film version of any of Kings books. The Omen - Chiller big time,and one Hell of a story.and yes the orginal was the best,with that demonic Billie Whitelaw as the nanny
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Classic from Tobe,just wish he could still deliver,but we have this anyway.
The Thing - Some say Carpenter's best but i'm for Mouth Of Madness then this,and then.
HALLOWEEN - Great opening,superb direction,and a Slasher that was the one that broke the dam,a true milestone of cinema history,that came so close to not being made.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to ukacidman)
Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: 31 Days of Horror Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI