Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:09:45 AM   
sharkboy

I'm not sure about the posthumous charges (though I would doubt it), but as pretty much his entire legacy was gifted to his charities, I would be very doubtful if there was any recourse to compensation from the Savile estate.  I suppose if the inquiry finds negligence on the part of the Beeb or health trusts, there may be some route to a civil action for compensation.

Police have today announced that arrests of some famous faces are imminent.  Should be interesting to see who is first to get nicked.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 211
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:11:07 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: tarantinofan

Evening Standard is reporting that Saville held sex parties with under age children attended by MPs and show biz stars.

I wonder which MPs and 'stars' are in the process of meeting with their lawyers today...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to tarantinofan)
Post #: 212
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:47:04 AM   
Titanm21

It boggles the mind that even if half of this stuff is true that people allowed it to happen or even took part.

Each day its something new, (allegedly) first up he’s a std pedo, then he’s a pedo who bums the dead, then he’s a pedo ring master who wanted to open a theme park for the ill kids… to gain more access and according to the daily std heis now a pedo who give access to other celeb pedo’s.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 213
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:47:38 AM   
Timon

Apparently Jim Davidson has semi-outed of the alledged celebs.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 214
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 11:13:01 AM   
horribleives

According to Davidson, one of the celebrities about to be arrested is 'a loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world'.
Dunno whether this is the same one Tom Watson alluded to on his blog (who was investigated several times throughout the '80s and '90s and supposedly set up a charity with another wealthy paedophile offering 'yachting classes' to underpriveliged children) but I'm sure we can expect more washed-up celebs of the Davidson/Gambaccini variety popping up, taking the moral high-ground and smugly telling anyone who'll listen that they knew about this years ago while ignoring the fact they did fuck all about it.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 215
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 11:36:10 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

According to Davidson, one of the celebrities about to be arrested is 'a loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world'.
Dunno whether this is the same one Tom Watson alluded to on his blog (who was investigated several times throughout the '80s and '90s and supposedly set up a charity with another wealthy paedophile offering 'yachting classes' to underpriveliged children) but I'm sure we can expect more washed-up celebs of the Davidson/Gambaccini variety popping up, taking the moral high-ground and smugly telling anyone who'll listen that they knew about this years ago while ignoring the fact they did fuck all about it.

I think thats one of the worrying things about the whole thing. A Pedo will do what a Pedo does, that's their nature (for the love of god thats not a defence btw) but decent folk are supposed to stand up to this and speak out yet by the looks of it everyone knew and said fuck all.

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 216
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 12:28:12 PM   
elab49

Please keep any discussion of possible names out of this thread. Unless and until any arrests are made linking anyone to this enquiry steps fairly clearly over the line into libel. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 217
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 12:34:42 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Damn. The hints we've had so far:
- Creepy Tory cabinet politician
- Celebrity who thinks they are the most important person in the world
Really haven't narrowed it down any for me and I was hoping for more detail

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 218
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 1:50:51 PM   
great_badir

quote:

Isn't that what Davidson said/wrote about Savile?

But yeah - my head is spinning with all sorts of possibilities. It's either going to be a case of "I always thought they were dodgy", or a complete rug-from-under-you surprise.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 219
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 1:53:43 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Batman.

Post #: 220
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 2:04:38 PM   
Brundlesflies

I think the grimness of this entire episode can be summed up by the fact that Jim Davidson is claiming the moral high ground

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 221
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 2:05:50 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

Isn't that what Davidson said/wrote about Savile?But yeah - my head is spinning with all sorts of possibilities. It's either going to be a case of "I always thought they were dodgy", or a complete rug-from-under-you surprise.

No, it was refereing to one of the household names set to be arrested in the next few days, though you're right - it could easily be a description of Savile.
Putting aside the potentially libellous game of Guess Who I appear to have kicked off with that Davidson quote (woops), I'm glad there's at least a small crumb of comfort (ie convictions) on the horizon for the victims.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 222
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 2:36:37 PM   
Titanm21

Do we know a time scale of when these arrests will happen?

Post #: 223
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 2:38:56 PM   
elab49

Oddly enough the police didn't feel the need to tell the Daily Mail that 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 224
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 3:13:02 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Oddly enough the police didn't feel the need to tell the Daily Mail that 

I knew that would be the response I'd get. Its a daft question

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 225
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 4:25:00 PM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

quote:

quote:

Isn't that what Davidson said/wrote about Savile?But yeah - my head is spinning with all sorts of possibilities. It's either going to be a case of "I always thought they were dodgy", or a complete rug-from-under-you surprise.

No, it was refereing to one of the household names set to be arrested in the next few days, though you're right - it could easily be a description of Savile.
Putting aside the potentially libellous game of Guess Who I appear to have kicked off with that Davidson quote (woops), I'm glad there's at least a small crumb of comfort (ie convictions) on the horizon for the victims.

Reading Davidson's blog (yes, I feel dirty) it would appear that the 'loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world' quote is in fact a reference to Savile rather than the next potential suspect

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

Post #: 226
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 4:29:58 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

quote:

quote:

Reading Davidson's blog (yes, I feel dirty) it would appear that the 'loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world' quote is in fact a reference to Savile rather than the next potential suspect

That's ruled out Boris Johnson then.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 227
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 4:44:04 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah yes, just had a look and you and badir are right. I hadn't read the full blog before, just some quotes from it on unrealitytv.com which presented them out of context as if he were talking about someone else. Naughty. Still, on the plus-side I've now been introduced to Jim Davidson's blog and I just know I'm gonna be helplessly compelled to read it every day. Forever.
Another life ruined by Savile...

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 228
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 6:07:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Anyone here read this:Click
Got to be fake,I cant imagine Merton swearing,especially using the C-word on this supposed script.

edit: Its fake.
If anyone wants a useless investigator you know where to find me.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 26/10/2012 6:09:29 PM >

Post #: 229
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 6:22:07 PM   
elab49

HIGNFY even did a piece on how it was fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIx_b41wzbs&

Balding particularly enjoys getting the boot into the Fail Online.

quote:

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 230
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 6:26:56 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

i see.

The transcript would have read more realistic if Merton wasn't swearing as much.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 231
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 7:11:27 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

I really, really need to stop reading the comments below Youtube videos, I don't know why I keep doing it to myself

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 26/10/2012 7:12:48 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 232
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 7:35:37 PM   
directorscut

quote:

Well those were six desperately uncomfortable, unfunny minutes.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 233
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 28/10/2012 8:57:28 AM   
emogeek

Glitter arrested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20114378

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 234
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 28/10/2012 4:57:59 PM   
jon5000

I think that'd been on the cards for a while. I'm more intrigued by who might be next.

Shall we have a who-is-going-to-be-outed-as-a-nonce-pool?

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 235
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 28/10/2012 5:01:59 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

I think that'd been on the cards for a while. I'm more intrigued by who might be next.

Cue Mods descending upon thread like moths to a candle in 3... 2... 1...

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 28/10/2012 5:06:52 PM >

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 236
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 28/10/2012 5:14:54 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

Relaaax it was said in jest.

Christ this forum is touchy.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 237
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 28/10/2012 5:24:35 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

I assumed it was, hence the smilie.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 238
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 28/10/2012 5:27:35 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Batman
Big Bird
Spider-Man

If it ain't one of these three then I'll be surprised.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 239
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 28/10/2012 5:28:24 PM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not as touchy as various celebrities.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI