Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 1:18:32 PM   
sharkboy

Well, if Nicky Campbell is already privy to the identity then this person is definitely dead, as he was using that fact to try and cajole a name out of his guest this morning on the grounds that there could be no libel charge.  Thatcher's early 80s cabinet was also identified as the tie-in.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 211
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 1:24:01 PM   
Timon

I'm just watching the Panorama special and there were witnesses saying that 'famous people' and 'celebs' would come to Jimmy Saville's dressing room to essentially 'use' the young girls that were there. So could we see a floodgates of celebs being outed also, along the lines of Gary Glitter?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 212
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 1:28:21 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
I'm just watching the Panorama special and there were witnesses saying that 'famous people' and 'celebs' would come to Jimmy Saville's dressing room to essentially 'use' the young girls that were there. So could we see a floodgates of celebs being outed also, along the lines of Gary Glitter?

If all that turns out to be true and proven, then we are almost certainly looking at the biggest showbiz news story/scandal.......well, ever!

What I am dreading now (which I know is pathetic compared with what all of the victims have been through, but I'll say it anyway), is that loads of my childhood heroes will be outed as nonces. It's never happened yet (Chris Langham is the closest it's got, and he was found not guilty of that), but it's looking likely now...

< Message edited by great_badir -- 25/10/2012 1:32:07 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 213
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 1:31:15 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Bad enough that Saville did what he did (if we take the many detailed allegations to be true). That there are others involved just saddens my heart, I can't for a second understand at all how anyone could want to take advantage of a child and the notion that it was people in positions of power and responsibility or celebrity just makes me feel nauseous. My knee-jerk is that I wish they would bring back hanging for paedophiles.

I think we all know the world has its problems, but some days it just seems completely and utterly fucked up.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 214
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 1:53:39 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Bad enough that Saville did what he did (if we take the many detailed allegations to be true). That there are others involved just saddens my heart, I can't for a second understand at all how anyone could want to take advantage of a child and the notion that it was people in positions of power and responsibility or celebrity just makes me feel nauseous. My knee-jerk is that I wish they would bring back hanging for paedophiles.

I think we all know the world has its problems, but some days it just seems completely and utterly fucked up.

The world is fine,its just what lives on it which is the problem.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 215
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 4:32:44 PM   
Chief

Why does the entertainment industry seem to be full of paedo's? I mean, do you have to be a creep first or does the industry warp you? Or is it a chicken/egg thing?

Also, is this just a UK thing or are the world's entertainers mostly nonces? Is it just 70's & 80's or was this going on in the 60's and 90's?

SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT NONCES THAT CAN'T BE GOOGLED!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 216
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 4:46:54 PM   
Woger

Another area is the whole groupie thing in the music industry, what's the likelyhood that some girls were underage?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 217
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 5:00:11 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger
Another area is the whole groupie thing in the music industry, what's the likelyhood that some girls were underage?

Literally 100% likely that some of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 218
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 5:15:12 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I've been reading around the net (I am so bloody bored) that some people are so angry at the way the BBC have handled this they are cancelling their TV licence.

I don't pay the TV licence anyway (can't and don't watch live TV before anyone says anything) but even if I did, I very highly doubt I'd go this far.

Yeah, cause it's optional after all.  Unless they plan to get rid of the tele too?

I have a (small) TV but don't pay a licence. I don't watch live TV and the licence folks know this and check up on me every year. You can still own a TV if you use it for gaming or watching dvds/blus

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 25/10/2012 5:17:15 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 219
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 5:19:41 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Literally 100% likely that some of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

Literally 100% likely that MOST of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 220
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 5:22:04 PM   
steffols

It's so hard to say it without sounding like your condoning their actions but times and attitudes have changed. Saville may have known on some level what he was doing was illegal but if you watch a TOTP or even a clip of Jim'll Fix It from the 70s, he is all over those girls and it is so obvious. If that was shown on on TV these days, alarm bells would instantly begin to ring, but they didn't back then.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 221
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 6:41:15 PM   
tarantinofan

Evening Standard is reporting that Saville held sex parties with under age children attended by MPs and show biz stars.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 222
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 6:44:17 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: tarantinofan

Evening Standard is reporting that Saville held sex parties with under age children attended by MPs and show biz stars.

f*ckin hell.

(in reply to tarantinofan)
Post #: 223
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 6:50:57 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Oh, for fuck's sake......

Post #: 224
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 7:00:06 PM   
tarantinofan

oh and that he cheated during his marathons.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 225
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 7:20:47 PM   
superdan

This is either turning into the biggest out-of-control witch hunt of a person who isn't around to defend themselves, or he really was an unstoppable super-paedo

Post #: 226
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 7:37:28 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

This is either turning into the biggest out-of-control witch hunt of a person who isn't around to defend themselves, or he really was an unstoppable super-paedo

I'm inclined to believe the latter. To try and slip into the mind of Saville for a moment (eww...), if I had an insatiable urge that I was not only able to satisfy but also had plenty of access, and did so over a long period of time, I can imagine the numbers of victims would soar.

*shudders*

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 227
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 7:53:53 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

oh and that he cheated during his marathons.

Oh well, he's only human......

Post #: 228
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 25/10/2012 9:27:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

You really get the sense that there will be a new story every other day concerning this matter.
Never ending.But ,hopefully,the truth will prevail.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 25/10/2012 9:41:14 PM >

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 229
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 9:48:53 AM   
Chief

When this is all over and the dust has settled, what is the expected outcome? Can he be charged posthumously and if so, is there any point? Will there be compensation and can they fine his estate?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 230
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:09:45 AM   
sharkboy

I'm not sure about the posthumous charges (though I would doubt it), but as pretty much his entire legacy was gifted to his charities, I would be very doubtful if there was any recourse to compensation from the Savile estate.  I suppose if the inquiry finds negligence on the part of the Beeb or health trusts, there may be some route to a civil action for compensation.

Police have today announced that arrests of some famous faces are imminent.  Should be interesting to see who is first to get nicked.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 231
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:11:07 AM   
Timon

quote:

I wonder which MPs and 'stars' are in the process of meeting with their lawyers today...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 232
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:47:04 AM   
Titanm21

It boggles the mind that even if half of this stuff is true that people allowed it to happen or even took part.

Each day its something new, (allegedly) first up he’s a std pedo, then he’s a pedo who bums the dead, then he’s a pedo ring master who wanted to open a theme park for the ill kids… to gain more access and according to the daily std heis now a pedo who give access to other celeb pedo’s.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 233
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 10:47:38 AM   
Timon

Apparently Jim Davidson has semi-outed of the alledged celebs.

Post #: 234
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 11:13:01 AM   
horribleives

According to Davidson, one of the celebrities about to be arrested is 'a loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world'.
Dunno whether this is the same one Tom Watson alluded to on his blog (who was investigated several times throughout the '80s and '90s and supposedly set up a charity with another wealthy paedophile offering 'yachting classes' to underpriveliged children) but I'm sure we can expect more washed-up celebs of the Davidson/Gambaccini variety popping up, taking the moral high-ground and smugly telling anyone who'll listen that they knew about this years ago while ignoring the fact they did fuck all about it.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 235
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 11:36:10 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

According to Davidson, one of the celebrities about to be arrested is 'a loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world'.
Dunno whether this is the same one Tom Watson alluded to on his blog (who was investigated several times throughout the '80s and '90s and supposedly set up a charity with another wealthy paedophile offering 'yachting classes' to underpriveliged children) but I'm sure we can expect more washed-up celebs of the Davidson/Gambaccini variety popping up, taking the moral high-ground and smugly telling anyone who'll listen that they knew about this years ago while ignoring the fact they did fuck all about it.

I think thats one of the worrying things about the whole thing. A Pedo will do what a Pedo does, that's their nature (for the love of god thats not a defence btw) but decent folk are supposed to stand up to this and speak out yet by the looks of it everyone knew and said fuck all.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 236
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 12:28:12 PM   
elab49

Please keep any discussion of possible names out of this thread. Unless and until any arrests are made linking anyone to this enquiry steps fairly clearly over the line into libel. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 237
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 12:34:42 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Damn. The hints we've had so far:
- Creepy Tory cabinet politician
- Celebrity who thinks they are the most important person in the world
Really haven't narrowed it down any for me and I was hoping for more detail

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 238
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 1:50:51 PM   
great_badir

quote:

Isn't that what Davidson said/wrote about Savile?

But yeah - my head is spinning with all sorts of possibilities. It's either going to be a case of "I always thought they were dodgy", or a complete rug-from-under-you surprise.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 239
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 26/10/2012 1:53:43 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Batman.

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI