Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 9:06:39 AM   
elab49

Would this be like that fool diplomat on Marr yesterday who thought someone seeming a bit weird (which, frankly, is pretty much a pre-requisite of light entertainment) it enough to tar them as a paedophile? The other chap, Lewis, pointed out he was talking nonsense but he was quite absolute in his 20:20 hindsight attitude beloved of all tabloid run lynch mobs everywhere.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 271
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 9:51:14 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Would this be like that fool diplomat on Marr yesterday who thought someone seeming a bit weird (which, frankly, is pretty much a pre-requisite of light entertainment) it enough to tar them as a paedophile? The other chap, Lewis, pointed out he was talking nonsense but he was quite absolute in his 20:20 hindsight attitude beloved of all tabloid run lynch mobs everywhere.

Ironically when Savile died those very same tabloids, in their gushing tributes, were quick to condemn the 'wicked whispers' and 'cynical rumour-mongering' of anyone who had dared to suggest there might be something not quite right about him. The very same tabloids who must've known for years what he was and did nothing yet are now, amazingly, patting themselves on the back for 'helping' to expose him.
This country, etc, etc.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 272
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 9:56:19 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Just heard that Glitter got arrested.

Shit, didn't see that coming.

I thought he was still living in Thailand...

Is he even allowed to be in this country anymore?!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 273
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 10:05:01 AM   
emogeek

I'm pretty sure Thailand kicked him out. Then Cambodia refused to take him.

He's been living back here since.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 274
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 10:07:30 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

I'm pretty sure Thailand kicked him out. Then Cambodia refused to take him.

He's been living back here since.

But he's ok to live here?
God I love our Government.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 275
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 10:46:01 AM   
emogeek

I think it was a case of nobody else would have the sod and as he is "one of ours" we had to take him.

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 276
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 10:59:02 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Unfortunately true.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 277
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 12:17:50 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

I think it was a case of nobody else would have the sod and as he is "one of ours" we had to take him.

Do we not have an island to stick these people on... like 30 miles North of Scotland... an island with Bears maybe?

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 278
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 12:19:56 PM   
Timon

Jesus Titanm21... think of the bears!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 279
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 12:21:48 PM   
great_badir

RE Glitter being back in the UK - if memory serves (someone can confirm or correct as necessary), I think the "explanation" at the time was that he'd basically be on a watch list over here and would find it very difficult to get up to any sort of dodginess since being outed as a nonce, so it was safer for everyone with him here rather than somewhere else, where he'd be more difficult to control or keep an eye on.

Whether that is actually the case or not, I don't know.

What will be particularly annoying is if Glitter is found completely innocent in this particular case (which, let's be honest, is entirely possible) and is free to go...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 280
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 12:55:38 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

We were playiong "Out the Nonce" in the pub on Saturday. Just coming up with random 80's TV people and taking a vote on whether we thought they were a kiddie-fiddler or Savile Sympathiser.
It was quite incredible how many we "outed". It was rife. Or at least it was suggested it was in the pub on Saturday.
I could list all of the "definates" right now, and the "maybes" and I think you'd all agree.
Thankfully we found Bob Holness completely innocent as some of our group were gettting quite offended by the suggestion. Fucking students.

It's going to be interesting to see the defence of certain celebs from the 60s/70s. On one hand, they could be guilty, one the other they could have just been doing the whole 'groupie thing' without knowing the age of some of the girls involved. Well, I'm sure that's what they'll claim...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 281
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 1:04:07 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
It's going to be interesting to see the defence of certain celebs from the 60s/70s. On one hand, they could be guilty, one the other they could have just been doing the whole 'groupie thing' without knowing the age of some of the girls involved. Well, I'm sure that's what they'll claim...

But isn't this all mainly about proper full-on abuse (as in "no means no" being completely ignored) of girls very obviously (well) below the age of consent, and NOT the groupie thing?? Or have I missed something? I thought this had gone WAY beyond Top of the Pops groupies...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 282
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 3:14:45 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Jesus Titanm21... think of the bears!

Its fine, the bears are all Pedos as well

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 283
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 3:31:27 PM   
Timon

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 284
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 29/10/2012 3:46:38 PM   
Titanm21

ha ha ha excellent return serve sir

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 285
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 30/10/2012 9:51:27 AM   
Porrohman

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 286
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 30/10/2012 9:55:05 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Burn it!!
BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!

(in reply to Porrohman)
Post #: 287
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 1/11/2012 7:23:50 PM   
emogeek

Freddie Starr has now been arrested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20174081

Post #: 288
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 6/11/2012 2:12:35 PM   
Rgirvan44

DID MOZ KNOW THE TRUTH?*

http://louderthanwar.com/web-rumour-claims-lyrics-to-the-smiths-panic-refer-to-jimmy-savile/#.UJkWrHKVwX4.twitter

*prob not.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 289
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 6/11/2012 2:20:36 PM   
Brundlesflies

Someone leaps to Savile's defense....

CLICKY

...and it's the Yorkshire Ripper!

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 290
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 6/11/2012 2:21:56 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Apparently, the front page of The Sun today has a world exclusive from the Ripper stating that Savile is innocent

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 291
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 6/11/2012 2:32:44 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Apparently, the front page of The Sun today has a world exclusive from the Ripper stating that Savile is innocent

Oh, well as long as he says so we all can breathe a sigh of relief.

I mean, if you can't trust a nutjob serial killer who can you trust?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 292
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 6/11/2012 10:08:14 PM   
Mister Coe

Right... so The Yorkshire Ripper is saying that Jimmy Saville is innocent?

Either my mind has just collapsed in on itself or the world has finally gone fucking mental...

Say what now?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 293
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 7/11/2012 12:51:00 AM   
manwihtheplan

Breaking news from Sky News!

Jimmy Savile was quizzed by detectives investigating the Jack The Ripper murders, a senior officer who worked on the inquiry says. Former West Yorkshire Police detective Stan Thorpe, who spent 40 years in the force, told ITV's Calendar News: "when Jack the Ripper was really active, one of the suspects put forward by the public was, in fact, Jimmy Savile. The fact Jimmy Savile wasn't alive at the time of the Jack the Ripper murders doesn't prove he wasn't a suspect."

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 294
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 7/11/2012 12:55:30 AM   
DancingClown

Yeah, yeah, go sleep it off.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to manwihtheplan)
Post #: 295
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 7/11/2012 1:24:19 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I did think The Sun's attempts on Sunday to suggest that Savile was involved in the Ripper murders were a tad OTT! I mean yes, we've established he was a bit of a bastard, but lets not get carried away...

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 296
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 9/11/2012 3:19:35 PM   
Brundlesflies

Usual high standards shown on This Morning

CLICK

Totally dickish thing to do - drew up a list of names after trawling the internet for 'about 3 minutes'. Way to go Schofield, Woodward & Bernstein eat your heart out.

Although Cameron's a twat for immediately raising fear of an anti-gay witch-hunt - well done Dave, you've just legitimised the link in all those Daily Fail reader's heads between gays & paedophiles

EDIT: Although apparently 50% of Independent readers think it was the right thing for Schofield to do!

CLICKY

< Message edited by Brundlesflies -- 9/11/2012 3:22:52 PM >

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 297
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 9/11/2012 3:25:32 PM   
UTB

I enjoyed this comment on Twitter:

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 298
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 9/11/2012 3:25:53 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

Usual high standards shown on This Morning

CLICK

Totally dickish thing to do - drew up a list of names after trawling the internet for 'about 3 minutes'. Way to go Schofield, Woodward & Bernstein eat your heart out.

Although Cameron's a twat for immediately raising fear of an anti-gay witch-hunt - well done Dave, you've just legitimised the link in all those Daily Fail reader's heads between gays & paedophiles

EDIT: Although apparently 50% of Independent readers think it was the right thing for Schofield to do!

CLICKY

To be fair to Cameron, I do not believe that was what he was doing. Basically quite a number of the names being thrown about are the same people rumoured to be gay but have not come out - there are elements online who are using this to force them out the closet, and that is what he is talking about there.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 299
RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville - 9/11/2012 3:36:34 PM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

To be fair to Cameron, I do not believe that was what he was doing. Basically quite a number of the names being thrown about are the same people rumoured to be gay but have not come out - there are elements online who are using this to force them out the closet, and that is what he is talking about there.

Fair point and I admit I didn't see the actual programme, but after it came out I do remember seeing headlines on a number of sites (BBC included) saying 'Cameron fears anti-gay witch-hunt after Savile revelations' or some words to that effect.
My point was more that I didn't read the fine print, and I'm pretty sure that most people looking for validation of their prejudices won't have - you risk guilt by association

End of the day tho it was a bloody stupid stunt from Schofield - what did he seriously expect Cameron to do.

My DVD's

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI