Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pitch Perfect - 24/9/2012 10:07:58 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Teerrible - 24/9/2012 10:07:58 PM   
Ronan_Nissen

Absolutely awful, a Glee fan's dream but torture for everyone else.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Had a great Time. - 17/12/2012 12:09:04 PM   
NCC1701A

Loved it a lot and not a fan of Glee at all. . Have to say this review is spot on.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 17/12/2012 1:06:28 PM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Ronan_Nissen)
Post #: 3
Geek power! - 17/12/2012 3:50:50 PM   
stevos

I saw a preview of this film and walked out after about twenty minutes- very predictable- and NOT very funny, unless you lke obvious humor; it clearly thinks it's cleverer than it is. For fans of Glee- and girls that like teenage romcom-musical silliness only. It's irritatingly a geek empowerment film (whereby now, there's a sub-group below the geeks?!), and a new genre, that personally I'm already getting a bit sick of. And why are most of the actors clearly in their late-twenties playing teenagers!

< Message edited by stevos -- 17/12/2012 11:07:51 PM >

Post #: 4
- 19/12/2012 11:44:21 AM   
odddaze

Went in expecting nothing and got one of the funniest films of the year. Rebel Wilson and Anna Kendrick really rock it with this one. If you like the type of humour that 30 Rock offers, then this is right up your street.

Post #: 5
Hilarious and Interesting - 21/12/2012 1:16:32 PM   
zollobird

I loved this film, it was better than I expected it to be by far!! I was thinking it was going to be a bit too Glee-esque, but it was more like Bridesmaids/Ted/Mean Girls.

Honestly one of my favourite films of the year (and I've seen a hell of a lot of films this year). I was grinning from ear to ear by the end, as was everyone else in the audience - even the men!

Highly recommended.

Post #: 6
Hilarious and Interesting - 21/12/2012 1:16:34 PM   
zollobird

I loved this film, it was better than I expected it to be by far!! I was thinking it was going to be a bit too Glee-esque, but it was more like Bridesmaids/Ted/Mean Girls.

Honestly one of my favourite films of the year (and I've seen a hell of a lot of films this year). I was grinning from ear to ear by the end, as was everyone else in the audience - even the men!

Highly recommended.

Post #: 7
RE: Hilarious and Interesting - 21/12/2012 3:54:46 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Thought it was ok but advertising it as a cross between Ted & Bridesmaids is total BULLSHIT! if not just that's it's a 12a. The main saving grace is Rebel Wilson & the 2 commentators (Higgins & Banks).
3/5

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 21/12/2012 3:56:28 PM >

(in reply to zollobird)
Post #: 8
RE: Hilarious and Interesting - 31/12/2012 11:18:17 AM   
zollobird

In my opinion, the type of humour was similar to Ted (adult yet immature, edgy, etc) and in my opinion the female camaraderie was similar to that of Bridesmaids.

There aren't many films like this around, especially with almost entirely female leads, so it's hard to find comparisons. Was just doing my best!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 9
Pitch Projectile Vomit - 31/12/2012 1:18:46 PM   
andee90

4 Stars?? That is the funniest thing about Pitch Perfect... the good reviews. "You know Titanium? That's my jam." enough said. I think Nurofen had something to do with the making of this, definitely falsely advertised as "this years bridesmaids" as I strangely missed every funny part. In its defense this is a slightly unfair review as I couldn't even make it to the end, Awful.

Post #: 10
RE: Pitch Perfect - 2/1/2013 12:06:43 PM   
FoximusPrime

I found this to be rather funny. In fact, I would say it's the funniest film I saw in the cinema in 2012, other than The Muppets. The humour has a higher hit rate than in Ted (which I also enjoyed) but the 'Bridesmaids meets Ted' tag line is just lazy marketing quite frankly - I would say it had more in common with Mean Girls (although I haven't watched that for a while...).

If I hadn't read / heard glowing reviews, the trailer would have put me off as it made it look like some kind of hellish offspring of Glee and Step Up. Needless to say I had some funny looks off my mates when I recommended it.

That being said, I'll happily watch Elizabeth Banks and Anna Kendrick in anything. They're 27%ers in my eyes, up there with Amy Adams and Sam Rockwell.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

Post #: 11
hilarious - 3/1/2013 4:54:13 PM   
megank13

I thoroughly enjoyed Pitch Perfect. I was waiting about 4 months for it come out in the UK, as the US got it in Oct. I watched it in 2012 so it's definitely my favourite comedy film of 2012. :D quirky, seriously funny (especially Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson, seriously rocked it). seriously fancy Skylar Asti who plays Jesse...;) I'm glad you guys gave it 4 stars well deserved. I was singing along by myself to myself...haha it's also definitely a gender-less film, men would enjoy it as would women...<3

Post #: 12
Pitch Perfect - 5/1/2013 11:34:22 PM   
Whistler

Put your prejudices to the side and you'll have plenty of fun.

< Message edited by Whistler -- 5/1/2013 11:35:19 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Pitch Perfect - 7/1/2013 12:25:01 PM   
ravagee

Makes me laugh the people that come on here and start talking like they're film experts.

"Pitch Perfect" is NOT a film that's made to win Oscars and other various prestigious award. No. This film is made to please it's TARGET AUDIENCE. In my opinion to be a good reviewer you have to understand what the target audience would take from it and how it is suited to them and for that reason Pitch Perfect is, well, perfect. It's light, funny and slightly predictable but that's okay because the actors definitely perform well and the modern day music makes it more appealing to teenagers today.

I have, and always will, dislike Glee. It's to in your face and tries far too hard. Pitch Perfect is the opposite of that. It doesn't take itself too seriously, at all.

So if you want an easy watch that is enjoyable, go see it. It's fun!

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

If I peed my pants would you pretend that I just got wet from the rain?

Post #: 14
RE: Pitch Perfect - 19/1/2014 3:00:30 PM   
Jessvmt

I really enjoyed watching this film, i loved all of the music. The comedy moment in the film were excellent. i would deffinately recommend this film to others.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Pitch Perfect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI