Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 21/9/2012 2:08:17 PM   
vad3r

Surprisingly, neither of these three (similar) actors have their own threads, so I've decided to create one for them. I thought it was best to have a joint thread rather than individual ones.
They're three of my favourite actors and people. Feel free to talk about their film/TV roles and anything else apart from Wiig pictures and Lonely Island (they have their own threads). I realise this thread won't get that much of a response, but that won't make me give up.

So...any fans? Who's your favourite? What's your favourite work of theirs? I'll post random favourite SNL skits of theirs, video interviews and more.

Andy Samberg - Get In The Cage. Andy's strength isn't impressions, but his Nic Cage allows him to do what he does best. Outrageous, OTT silliness.

Here's one with Liam Neeson as guest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmh5DIMtAy8

They say you shouldn't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his face. Well I've walked in John Travolta's face. FACE OFF! Coming to theatres June 27th 1997!

You made my list, my Christmas card list! I send them out in April WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!

Donít condescend me, tall Bono!

I think I'm ready to get out of the cage.
There's only one way out of the cage. A fight to the death. Two men enter, two men and a baby leave!

Samberg/Cage: And so now, Liam and I will ride on to our next adventure...We're gonna kidnap God!
Liam Neeson: And we're not gonna let him go. Until we get our damn money back.

Here's two more Get In The Cage: Bradley Cooper (Clicky), Nic Cage himself (Clicky).

< Message edited by vad3r -- 24/9/2012 5:07:06 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.
Post #: 1
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 21/9/2012 2:09:23 PM   
vad3r

Here's my favourite Wiig interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaiXtr2Gpw

Trivia time: The interviewer is also a writer on SNL.

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 2
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 21/9/2012 2:09:39 PM   
vad3r

Bill Hader - Herb Welch. Hader is one of the most versatile and talented comedic actors ever. He can just about perform any character or impression asked of him. Herb Welch (senile, rude, old fashioned news reporter) is one of his many memorable characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnZ5FgyP9m4&feature=player_embedded

THEY BURNED MY FRIEND

You call it a bikini, I call it too far! Back to you...

Iím not taking my set-ups from a hat-check girl.

That guy attacked me!

HERB WELCH LIVES!

Iím not gonna take reporter lessons from a can of hairspray.

Trivia time: Before Hader was an actor, he was an assistant on the famous Star Wars: Empire of Dreams documentary. He was also part of the South Park team on S12-13 and did commentary for the South Park film on blu ray.

Hader is a cinephile and loves old films. Here's some short videos of him talking about his love for classic cinema: 1, 2, 3

< Message edited by vad3r -- 24/9/2012 6:09:56 AM >

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 3
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 21/9/2012 2:46:30 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Did you have a stroke or something?

Yes, many.

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 4
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 2:56:25 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

I like Hader and Samberg, even though I understand a lot of people dislike them immensely. I've had a love for Lonely Island since Lazy Sunday and Jizz In My Pants became cult songs amongst my group of friends As for Wiig, she seems to be in a lot of films I don't really like all that much (Paul, Whip It, MacGruber) but she's usually quite good in them. I enjoyed Bridesmaids though and she was great in it.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 5
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 4:15:24 AM   
vad3r

Wiig is probably the best female comedic actress I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot. Her versatility and timing is what sets her apart. I'm watching a lot of SNL at the moment and the range of characters she plays to hilarious effect is amazing.

My current obsession is Hader. Like Wiig, he's usually the best thing about any film he's in.

quote:

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 6
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 3:53:29 PM   
Shifty Bench

I saw that Clint Eastwood skit. that was funny. I like Bill Hader, I must say. He was good in Paul and as the voice of Flint in Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs which is one of my favourite animated films. He's also great in the commentaries for both films.

I don't really know the other two other than Wiig's great turn in Paul and Samberg's annoying turn in Cloudy. Although, he's supposed to be annoying, so job done.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 7
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 5:14:35 PM   
vad3r

Random favourite Bill Hader interviews time:

- Bill Hader talks on Letterman about meeting Tom Cruise and having to operate the doors for Arnie in his early career: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1Aee2X3Yc

- Bill Hader picks some DVDs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=348qOuXOAXo

- Bill Hader does a Tauntaun impression on Conan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QbGUjzFpc&feature=related

He ruined Rick Perry's White House dreams.

Címon man, I said Ďoops. Boy debates are hard, right guys?

Iíd be such a good president if there wasnít so much talkin' involved.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 22/9/2012 6:10:50 PM >

quote:

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 8
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 5:26:30 PM   
Shifty Bench

I haven't watched SNL since the 90s

(although, I did see last week's ep with Seth Macfarlane, it's just as hit and miss as it has always been)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 9
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 5:33:11 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I saw that Clint Eastwood skit. that was funny. I like Bill Hader, I must say. He was good in Paul and as the voice of Flint in Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs which is one of my favourite animated films. He's also great in the commentaries for both films.

I don't really know the other two other than Wiig's great turn in Paul and Samberg's annoying turn in Cloudy. Although, he's supposed to be annoying, so job done.

In terms of his limited film roles, I really liked him and in Wiig in Adventureland. They were the best part of the film and should've had more screen time. Cloudy is the funniest animated film i've ever seen. Samberg is awesome if you like his crazy, man child act.

quote:

Post #: 10
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 5:51:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

Oh, right, that was them in Adventureland! Only saw the film once and that was before I really knew who they were, but they were great in it.

Like I say, I do like Hader

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 11
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 5:58:12 PM   
vad3r

quote:

I haven't watched SNL since the 90s

(although, I did see last week's ep with Seth Macfarlane, it's just as hit and miss as it has always been)

I just finished watching that episode today. I'm so sad that Wiig and Samberg left, I keep waiting for them to come on. Although props to MacFarlane, he was a surprisingly great host and the season opener was better than I expected. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is hosting tonight! Followed by Daniel Craig the week after. Bill Hader continues to be nothing short of brilliant. What were you favourite skits from that episode? You should check out some of the older S30-37 episodes.

My favourite SNL cast member ever is probably Will Ferrell. Going further back I really liked Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Alec Baldwin, Chris Farley.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 22/9/2012 6:00:48 PM >

quote:

Post #: 12
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 6:14:31 PM   
Shifty Bench

Yeah, I used to watch it when it was the Wayne's World years so I was a fan of Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman etc. I'm not a huge fan of sketch comedy anyway, so once the BBC stopped showing it, I gave up. I've seen some of the dvds though and I enjoyed some of Eddie Murphy's work on it in the 80s (although, that one was a VHS )

As for last week's ep, I can't really remember it Hader was great in the Eastwood skit and although I'm not a huge fan of Family Guy these days I did enjoy Seth's opening monologue. Oh, and Seth on Weekend Update was great too.

One thing that annoys me about SNL is the way they constantly look past the camera to read the autocue, it takes me out of it a bit. I know it's live with very little rehearsal time but I just find it distracting.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 13
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 6:31:53 PM   
vad3r

quote:

Yeah, I used to watch it when it was the Wayne's World years so I was a fan of Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman etc. I'm not a huge fan of sketch comedy anyway, so once the BBC stopped showing it, I gave up. I've seen some of the dvds though and I enjoyed some of Eddie Murphy's work on it in the 80s (although, that one was a VHS )

As for last week's ep, I can't really remember it Hader was great in the Eastwood skit and although I'm not a huge fan of Family Guy these days I did enjoy Seth's opening monologue. Oh, and Seth on Weekend Update was great too.

One thing that annoys me about SNL is the way they constantly look past the camera to read the autocue, it takes me out of it a bit. I know it's live with very little rehearsal time but I just find it distracting.

Many hosts have commented on this issue. They all prefer to memorise the script (as with any acting job), but are advised by cast members that it's pointless because the writers change lines all the time. Even during the actual sketch, live. There's no auto cues either, it's literally crew members holding up boards with the lines scribbled on them because of how hectic it is. It also makes it really difficult for them not to laugh because they've never read the line before and are as clueless as the audience about what's coming up.
I actually think it's a good idea because it keeps the show full of energy and you really get the sense that it's live and anything can happen.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 22/9/2012 6:33:43 PM >

quote:

Post #: 14
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 6:43:10 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's a good idea because it keeps the scripts fresh but for performers and hosts (especially those not used to performing live) it must be a nightmare.

I remember the late, great Phil Hartman used to fluff lines a lot

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 15
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 7:02:27 PM   
vad3r

quote:

It's a good idea because it keeps the scripts fresh but for performers and hosts (especially those not used to performing live) it must be a nightmare.

I remember the late, great Phil Hartman used to fluff lines a lot

Yeah, Zooey Deschanel in this years Emmy roundtable said that it was the most terrifying experience of her career.
Bill Hader also said on Letterman that his writing partner for Stefon keeps trying to make him break by constantly changing random words and lines on Weekend Update.

It's a cime that Mike Myers went on to be a household name and Dana Carvey descended into obscurity. Carvey was a far better performer than Myers and had the most popular sketches of that time. His Bush impression was a huge part of the show, Hans and Frans and of course, Church Lady.

quote:

Post #: 16
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 7:09:08 PM   
Hood_Man

''There's an empty space inside my heart
Where the weeds take root
And now I'll set you free
I'll set you free''

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 17
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 7:11:32 PM   
vad3r

Are you also a fan Hoody?

quote:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 18
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 22/9/2012 11:53:37 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

In terms of his limited film roles, I really liked him and in Wiig in Adventureland. They were the best part of the film and should've had more screen time. Cloudy is the funniest animated film i've ever seen. Samberg is awesome if you like his crazy, man child act.

Oh yeah I forget they were in Adventureland! I really enjoyed that movie despite a certain lead actress

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 19
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 12:10:54 AM   
vad3r

I want a spin-off movie with those two having to run and live in their own theme park.

They were also the best thing about Paul.

quote:

Post #: 20
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 12:54:11 AM   
MonsterCat

Usually all we get around is threads that are like "I HATE EVERYBODY AND I KNOW THIS FILM WILL SUCK EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T SEEN IT". So it's nice to have a thread like this that's celebratory in its nature. Keep it up, sir.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 21
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 1:13:43 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Usually all we get around is threads that are like "I HATE EVERYBODY AND I KNOW THIS FILM WILL SUCK EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T SEEN IT". So it's nice to have a thread like this that's celebratory in its nature. Keep it up, sir.

Thank you for the kind words. I will never quit this thread and will update it regularly with content and musings. I'm surprised it took you this long to post in here, aren't you a big Wiig fan? Now that you're here can I count on you to post regularly and comment on stuff?

Have some Triangle Sally:

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 22
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 1:20:34 AM   
MonsterCat

Yeah, I think she's funny, talented and clearly pretty damn smart.

I'm not going to say I absolutely love everything she's appeared in (MacGruber was a real dirge with an irritating twat as the lead character, and the less said about Brothers Solomon the better) but she was great in Bridesmaids, Adventureland and in the seriously overlooked Extract.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 23
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 1:46:54 AM   
vad3r

MacGruber is a guilty pleasure. It was so ridiculously stupid that it made me lol, which I rarely ever do. The SNL skits from which the movie came from were better though. And I agree with Edgar Wright that the sex scene must be seen to be believed.

MacGruber: [begging for Piper to join team] Don't make me beg here, because I will do it. I am so sorry, I am so goddamn sorry! Look I'm freaking out here! I killed them! I killed them all! I'm so fucking stupid! I don't know what I'm doing and everybody hates me!
[long silence]
MacGruber: I will suck your dick, I will suck your fucking dick, just join my team. I'll suck your dick, you can fuck me, you can get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something? Just point at something in the room and I'll fuck it for you! Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
Lt. Dixon Piper: Jesus Christ, MacGruber!
MacGruber: Just tell me what you want me to fuck!

Vicki St. Elmo: I thought you were dead.
MacGruber: So did I, but I'm not.

MacGruber: Let me tell you how this is gonna go down. First I'm gonna kick you in the chin, breaking your jaw in four places. I'm gonna take you and karate flip you over my back, and then knee your nose into your brain, killing you instantly. I do wanna get a throat rip in here. I think that's gonna be you, small fry. One thing I do know, at the end of the day, Cunth, I'm gonna rip your dick off and shove it in your mouth. And that is non-negotiable. Who's first?

Lt. Dixon Piper: What is the plan?
MacGruber: Well, I kind of make it up as I go.
Lt. Dixon Piper: That's not really a plan then.
MacGruber: Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans. And I'm not good with clues. What I am good with is kicking ass and ripping throats.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

irritating twat as the lead character,

< Message edited by vad3r -- 23/9/2012 2:04:13 AM >

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 1:59:58 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

MacGruber is a guilty pleasure. It was so ridiculously stupid that it made me lol, which I rarely ever do. The SNL skits from which the movie came from were better though. And I agree with Edgar Wright that the sex scene must be seen to be believed.

I don't know whether I hated MacGruber or whether it was so bad it was weirdly somewhat good And that sex scene was one of the most bizarre fucking things I've seen in any film.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 25
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 2:07:34 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

I don't know whether I hated MacGruber or whether it was so bad it was weirdly somewhat good And that sex scene was one of the most bizarre fucking things I've seen in any film.

It's this generations Commando.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 23/9/2012 2:32:21 AM >

quote:

Post #: 26
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 2:09:52 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

I don't give the guy much thought to be honest

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 27
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 2:16:49 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

I don't give the guy much thought to be honest

That's a shame, you probably would if you watched his craft.

quote:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 2:17:28 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

I thought that was Julie Andrews at first!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 29
RE: Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg - 23/9/2012 2:26:13 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

I thought that was Julie Andrews at first!

Master Dwarf graces my thread! Here's one for you sir:

< Message edited by vad3r -- 23/9/2012 2:46:50 AM >

quote:

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Bill Hader/Kristen Wiig/Andy Samberg Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI