Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: If Vad3r makes a thread...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 19/9/2012 1:42:20 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Means nothing to me

Oh Vienna,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 91
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 19/9/2012 1:43:47 PM   
Shifty Bench

I never saw that coming, shockingly, well done

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 92
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 7:18:48 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

Why the pic of Homer?

I look like Joss Whedon now, too?!

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 93
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 12:40:51 PM   
Toby Monroe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Monroe
Yeah that's great. But making public your decision to block him is a quark's width away from passive aggressive bullying. Especially so when you intimate that others have joined your merry gang of affronted blubber guts.

Not at all, he knows I have blocked him, it's not a secret. I wrote my post to explain why I did so because people were wondering. Plus, as far as I can see, he had been asking people to try to get us to unblock him so I felt the need to explain the situation. Plus, I'm not even the first one to have blocked him. Or the first person to block anyone for that matter. And I didn't force anyone to block him, I'm not this fanatical leader you seem to making me out to be. You have misread the situation without knowing all of the facts, you don't know what's been going on for the past three weeks in your absence.

And why shouldn't I block someone I don't like? You don't like reading my posts, you can block me, I don't care. No skin off my nose.

I won't mention blocking anyone again as I realise talking about it is not a very nice thing to do and I apologise to vad3r if I upset him about it.

I haven't misread anything. Just because I don't post everyday doesn't mean to say that i'm not privy to what's been going on. It's an odd assumption to make on your part. I could still be reading the forums for all you know despite my apparent lack of forum activity. As it happens, your assumption is right in this instance. Lucky guess on your part. Never the less assumptions are dodgy territory and I haven't misread anything.

I have no issue with your, or anyone else's, right to block users. I perfectly understand why some may wish to exercise this right. What I don't get/like is this public declaration of your disdain for somebody who no longer has the right to reply due to said blockage. It's unsportsmanlike, and not a level playing field. And when you intimate others are involved in your boycott it enters a whole new level of unseemly behaviour, the like of which i've not seen since the girls in class 4A sent me to Coventry. They don't just ignore you, the let you know that they're ignoring you via various displays of public snubbery.

If you feel your conduct is fine and dandy then so be it. My reply is purely for sake of clarity, and not attempt to condition your habits.

quote:

You don't like reading my posts, you can block me, I don't care. No skin off my nose.

That's just petulant defiance. I've said nothing suggest that I don't like reading your posts.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Have you actually followed what happened here or are you just running in and shrieking bullying? Whenever people didn't respond to Vad3r, he started constantly posting "Have I been blocked? I think I've been blocked. If you don't respond to this then I know I've been blocked" How can someone be privately blocked when he was constantly challenging people on thread when they didn't respond to him? He's not being bullied, he's being treated like a troll. And does anyone who has read any of his posts actually believe he gives a shit about being blocked? He's just turned it into another posting obsession. "I miss my friends" has become another "I wanna be mod", "I'm a single virgin", etc.

I've hardly shrieked bully. I actually stopped short of calling him a bully. Bench doesn't strike as being a particularly snide or vindictive person, I just feel in this instance his actions are not proper, unsporting, and they could, in some quarters (so far possibly just me), be deemed to be seen as bullying. I've possibly just contradicted myself there but we'll gloss over it.

With Regards to the rest of your point, i'd suggest your painting a picture of somebody who acts in an irrational fashion. I think to publicly admonish someone who's not well equipped to offer a fair and measured logical counter is a little bit off. Should you not be able to allow yourself to rise above his irksome ways? Do you not feel a sustained expression of your dissatisfaction towards this user could be seen as an attempt on your part to Marshall the forum?

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

The irony of Toby Monroe's post is that he has been known to be rather nasty to people for no particular reason.

Most definitely a case of pot calling the kettle black here.

Er, there's no irony to be had. I've never been 'nasty' to anyone for no particular reason. If i've had a spat with anyone it's alway been over an opinion either expressed by myself or the other party. I've also never expressed my objections about another member across multiple threads. I've never had lasting fall outs with other members, so the situations to which you've applied a well worn proverb aren't exactly analogous. Ergo you're wrong.

If you're going to leap in and make such statements, no doubt in some perceived show of solidarity for your online cronies, then perhaps it would be best if you made sure the platform from which you leap is sturdy enough to take the weight of your ignorance. I'd like to able to return the compliment and offer an assessment of your online persona, but I can't. As I aint familiar with your schtick. But thanks for your input, even though it's erroneous i'm sure some one appreciates it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Whoa there, whoa there, let me get a handle on this....

So, MC and vad3r are having bum sex in a tent? And Toby Monroe has become the moral and behavioural arbiter of the forum? Hmm...

I'm not sure which one of those paints the most disturbing picture.

I can take being dissed, do people still say that?, by MonsterCat, but the thought of being slagged off on the internet by a househusband is a new low. Oops, is that me being nasty?

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 94
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 12:52:52 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Whoa there, whoa there, let me get a handle on this....

So, MC and vad3r are having bum sex in a tent? And Toby Monroe has become the moral and behavioural arbiter of the forum? Hmm...

I'm not sure which one of those paints the most disturbing picture.

I can take being dissed, do people still say that?, by MonsterCat, but the thought of being slagged off on the internet by a househusband is a new low. Oops, is that me being nasty?

Actually I prefer the term 'stay-at-home dad', although I'm flattered you remember.

Firstly - what does me being a 'stay-at-home dad' have to do with anything?

Secondly - why is your opinion of me affected by the fact that I am?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 95
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 12:55:35 PM   
Toby Monroe

Because I'm prone to prejudice.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 96
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 12:58:33 PM   
DancingClown

Okay, so on what foundation was this prejudice born? If you've got a problem with me on this board, fine, but what the fuck does my day-job have to do with it?

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 97
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 1:14:03 PM   
Toby Monroe

Like any prejudice it's borne out of a preconception that's been fermented in ignorance.

Why do you think my initial response was serious? If I hit a nerve then i apologise. There's no shame in being a Stay at Home Dad.

And I have no issues with your online conduct. It's wondrous.

Post #: 98
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 1:24:02 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Like any prejudice it's borne out of a preconception that's been fermented in ignorance.

Why do you think my initial response was serious?

Erm, because you're known to be a bit of a judgemental bastard.

quote:

If I hit a nerve then i apologise. There's no shame in being a Stay at Home Dad.

I know this. And I don't need a shit-stirring berk like yourself to tell me. If I thought you were casting dispersions on my character based on that then why wouldn't I get pissed off?

quote:

And I have no issues with your online conduct. It's wondrous.

Great. Now do the forum a favour and bog off.

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 99
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 1:26:32 PM   
Toby Monroe

No.

Post #: 100
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 1:28:35 PM   
matty_b

quote:

somebody who no longer has the right to reply due to said blockage

Yes, he can. Shifty won't see it, that's all.

quote:

passive aggressive bullying.

Amazing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 101
RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... - 21/9/2012 1:31:21 PM   
shool

Ok we're done here. I'm locking this.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 102
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: If Vad3r makes a thread... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI