Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Queen Is Nude!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Queen Is Nude! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 6:03:59 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

PA has already responded to this, but with tabloids it's often more a case of supply creating demand rather than feeding it. They'll publish these pictures and when people look at them they go, "See! People wanted to see them, it was in the public interest. We are justified", while at the same time there's the contradiction in almost every poll I've seen in this country which overwhelmingly seems to demonstrate that people believe the pictures shouldn't have been published. People will look at photos because, well, that's what we do. However, give people the choice as to whether they should be published in the first place, and it would seem that outside a few curtain-twitchers and wank-happy simpletons the consensus would be that the public interest hasn't been served.

I'd prefer it if you referred to me in person, thank you very much!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 31
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 6:12:41 PM   
Brooksy84

I agree there is absolutely zero "public interest" here, beyond the interest in seeing a famous pair of tits. Groundbreaking journalism it isn't, but at it's heart it's all a game between the celebs and the paps, one that isn't always played fairly. I do have to laugh at tabloids having a go at the pictures bring published when most of them ran topless pictures of Pippa from some time ago after she took on the mantle of Britain's Favourite Arse.

http://averagefootballfan.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 32
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 6:44:31 PM   
Hood_Man

Gotta agree with PA and Superdan on this. If these photos weren't published, I doubt they'd be missed.

[EDIT]

This seems really bad taste to me. I am quite fond of the Royal Family, but I don't feel that being famous is any excuse for losing their privacy like this.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 17/9/2012 6:45:44 PM >

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 33
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 6:44:40 PM   
sanchia

I have to admit there are many misogynists out there. I read somewhere someone having a go at her for having no principles for stripping off and as such should have no rights. As I pointed out, she was on private property away from the public eye (except through a massive telephoto lens) and would very likely not contemplate doing such in public so how can they claim she has no principles. I think the problem is there are many idiots out there who do not realise that is what they are. I must admit throwing basic logic at them is quite amusing.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 34
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 6:54:11 PM   
Saltire

Its only a pair of tits, I don't see what all the fuss is about personally. Just the hypocritical media and Royal family getting all high and mighty again when they both have many skeletons in their cupboards over the years.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 35
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 7:02:24 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Its only a pair of tits, I don't see what all the fuss is about personally. Just the hypocritical media and Royal family getting all high and mighty again when they both have many skeletons in their cupboards over the years.

Put yourself in Williams shoes. Your mother is dead cause of these idiots and now they are after your wife. I am surprised he has restrained himself to be honest.

No one should be defined by their family - and this goes twice for when you marry into a family. Unless you are suggesting she shouldn't have married the man she was in love with?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 36
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 8:22:29 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

when satellites get better, perhaps we can all go naked. then we can have individual threads to our togers and pubic hair will require some attention. i'm neatening up right now.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 37
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 8:35:46 PM   
Brooksy84

I'd suggest her death had just as much to do with the drunk reckless driver to be honest.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 38
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 8:59:46 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

I'd suggest her death had just as much to do with the drunk reckless driver to be honest.

Being chased didn't exactly help.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 39
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 9:08:47 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

Being chased didn't exactly help.

But being drunk made him think he could lose them... and on and on.

The vampires need to stop caring about boobs, we've all got them especially men over 30. But this seems to me a sort of cultural mysogonistic tendency in society. Men feel like they have power over women when they can see their boobs, if you haven't seen someones boobs then it's almost like that woman can still enslave them. It's very specific, I mean you can meet women who are happy to show you their boobs, you can type 'boobs' into google and see boobs until your todger pops, but sociery (especially british society) places some sort of reverence on seeing 'someones' boobs, it's actually bizare when you think about it. Are we suppose to be suprised when someone has boobs? Of course not, but we somehow gain something from the very sight of flesh. Weird.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 40
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 9:43:36 PM   
Brooksy84

Don't know if I'd go as far as to call that misogynistic. I don't feel any kind of power over Kate Middleton just because Iv seen her boobs. Even if I did it would be somewhat redundant as she's more wealthy, respected and influential than I'll ever be. There probably are men who feel as you've described, but I'd wager the majority just saw the pictures and said "phwoar, tits".

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 41
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 10:30:19 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

Put yourself in Williams shoes. Your mother is dead cause of these idiots and now they are after your wife. I am surprised he has restrained himself to be honest.

No one should be defined by their family - and this goes twice for when you marry into a family. Unless you are suggesting she shouldn't have married the man she was in love with?

Well this whole episode could have been avoided if she had covered up when she was out sunbathing. She ought to know with the publicity that family unfortunately gets, that there'd be a paparazzo lingering around at all times.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 42
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 10:32:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well this whole episode could have been avoided if she had covered up when she was out sunbathing. She ought to know with the publicity that family unfortunately gets, that there'd be a paparazzo lingering around at all times.

Do you think there is a difference between this, and some weirdo on a beach taking pictures of girls?

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 43
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 10:35:48 PM   
steffols

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well this whole episode could have been avoided if she had covered up when she was out clubbing. She ought to know with the publicity that family unfortunately gets, that there'd be a drunk predators lingering around at all times.

Scary how similar.

< Message edited by steffols -- 17/9/2012 10:36:33 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 44
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 10:37:12 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is, like, the definition of victim-blaming. Stop doing that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 45
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 10:40:34 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

quote:

She was on private property, not in a public place, big difference.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 46
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 10:43:05 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah! Fuck freedom! Fuck it right in the ass!

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 47
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 17/9/2012 11:57:59 PM   
Ghidorah

Someone getting snap shots of her breasts was bound to happen. It was just a matter of time.

I had seen some of these photos and I can confirm this paparazzi went to extreme lengths to get some terrible snap shots. I knew the quality was bad but I didn't know it was to that extent and I was curious how the paparazzi was able to obtain them. Basically the paparazzi set up his DSLR on a tripod, had a long telephoto lens and was able to zoom in. However the house was still a considerable distance away and had to crop the photos heavily to view a topless Kate.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 48
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 18/9/2012 12:13:02 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

quote:

She was on private property, not in a public place, big difference.

However you are allowed to be on public land and take photos of private property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJH9F7Hcluo

What is concerning is the lengths the paparazzi go to get photos and it all come down to legal harrassment. The paparazzi as we all know hounds their targets and follow their every move. Their targets do not get a lot of privacy in public life and it can be very stressing for them.
On holiday to an African country, I was being pestered by the locals all the time and it spoilt my holiday. At one point I was being followed by ten men and as result stayed mainly in the hotel grounds. So I do sympthy what actors, singers and well known people have to tolerate on a near daily bases.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 49
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 18/9/2012 12:16:56 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah
However you are allowed to be on public land and take photos of private property.

That doesn't make it right.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 18/9/2012 12:17:24 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 50
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 18/9/2012 5:48:55 PM   
jon5000

Aaaaaand here's the Sun doing exactly what they would never, ever do to the nation's favourite woman Kate Middleton to someone else http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4544438/Selma-Blairs-baby-flashes-her-boob.html

How dare they claim any kind of moral high ground. Absolutely disgraceful. In the public interest how?

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 51
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 18/9/2012 5:58:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 52
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 18/9/2012 6:46:16 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you think there is a difference between this, and some weirdo on a beach taking pictures of girls?

Yes as she's a public figure and she should always have to be on guard, particularly when she is married to a royal. Unfortunately though this is the society we have now, where people will do whatever it takes to get a 'money shot' from miles away. Its even worse imo that men do it to ordinary girls when they are just enjoying themselves being out for the day, when they have then had some perv take pics, post them online and can then edit it to their hearts content for many other pervs to check out. I don't agree with it at all, but girls, women and celebs are increasingly needing to be made aware of this unfortunately.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 18/9/2012 6:47:25 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 53
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 18/9/2012 11:18:21 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

Aaaaaand here's the Sun doing exactly what they would never, ever do to the nation's favourite woman Kate Middleton to someone else http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4544438/Selma-Blairs-baby-flashes-her-boob.html

How dare they claim any kind of moral high ground. Absolutely disgraceful. In the public interest how?

That is shocking.

When did Selma Blair become a 40 yr old?!

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 54
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 19/9/2012 9:54:53 AM   
sanchia

It is shocking, 40 years old!

The hypocrisy is astounding though. If they thought they could get away with it they would have been all over these pictures like a teenage boy on a copy of Razzle.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 55
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 19/9/2012 11:48:52 AM   
Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

It's not quite the same though.

Not that I'm defending The Sun's actions, but, at least under English law, for privacy to be breached there has to be a reasonable expectation of privacy. If you walk down the street, or are in any public place for that matter, you are fair game as long as the photographer's behaviour isn't excessive (eg. threatening, harassing etc.).

Being on a private estate miles from anyone else, so that an extremely telephoto lens is needed to see you, almost certainly implies a reasonable expectation of privacy.

If there was a reasonable expectation of privacy the newspaper can only publish if there is a compelling public interest reason for doing so. Without that reason they can be actioned in the courts. The public interest argument only comes into play where there is an expectation of privacy, so it is irrelevant to the Selma Blair pictures.

Note that this doesn't stop people from taking photos: only from publishing them. That doesn't mean our hypothetical creepy bloke on the beach will necessarily get away with it. He is probably at the very least committing a public order offence.

That is without considering the fact that these photos were not taken, or in the Duchess of Cambridge photos' case published, in England so there are probably (I'm no expert in this area) jurisdictional issues to be addressed as well as consideration of the law of the country they were taken. The person who took the photo of the Duchess of Cambridge did in fact commit an offence in France and can potentially go to prison. The magazine, even with a hefty fine, will still probably come out ahead, so there is little reason not to publish.

Personally I'd love to see this aspect of the law tightened, with real punishments available for those who breach privacy without good reason. This would require much harsher financial penalties for those who publish pictures of this kind; punishments which make publishing them financially disastrous.

If, for example, the publishing for such pictures meant that all gross revenue from the issue in question was forfeited (after a thorough audit of the accounts at the company in breach's expense) I'm sure this sort of thing would cease very quickly.

Of course there would have to be a "good faith" defence for those who published in the honest opinion it was in the public interest, as long as they had in place and followed sufficient protocols and policies to minimise the risk.

But then there would still be the internet, and that has proven to be all but impossible to police in any meaningful way.

< Message edited by Dpp1978 -- 19/9/2012 11:50:21 AM >

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 56
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 19/9/2012 12:03:50 PM   
jon5000

It isn't the same as a zoom lens peering into somebody's private residence, no.

But I think in terms of moral judgement - which is what the UK tabloid press were claiming they had over Kate's photos - it isn't in any way different to me. And I think to any decent person.

I appreciate your exacting the legality in context, but I don't believe it is at all relevant at all in terms of morals. Just because it happened in a 'public area' doesn't make it any less distasteful to me.

I wouldn't do it. It's just not right.

And I think they're wormy hypocrites trying to claim any kind of moral high-ground over Kate's photos. Basically, they were afraid of their readers because of the halo that glows around Kate. They don't care in the slightest about 'public interest.' It's just a wormy set of words.

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 57
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 19/9/2012 11:03:38 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

The Swedes are publicizing the images in one of there Celeb magazines (Se och Hoer) tomorrow:
Link

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 58
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 20/9/2012 1:46:39 AM   
Frank Castle

shouldn't we all be thankful that it wasn't a sniper?

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 59
RE: The Queen Is Nude! - 20/9/2012 11:40:17 AM   
Brooksy84

I'm pretty sure the Sun published topless photos of Pippa Middleton some time after the wedding that were a couple of years old. Which when taken in context is nothing short of hilarious.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Queen Is Nude! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI