Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 19/9/2012 10:05:02 AM   
ievolutionnorth

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
They missed the point...! - 19/9/2012 1:20:17 PM   
couchy76

The original Robocop looked so much more machine than human ("lose the arm..") which made the whole narrative of Murphy's memories and emotions gradually taking a hold and overriding his programming more believable...whereas this new Robocop just looks like a police officer on patrol during a G20 riot....not sure its gonna work to the same affect??!

Could be worse though...they could have gone for the R3 jet pack.....

Post #: 32
super-robo-hero? - 21/9/2012 4:08:50 PM   
joe pineapples

One thing I liked about the original Robocop suit was its originality, and I guess the fact it didn't look like generic superhero costume number #100.

Post #: 33
Does it hurt, does it hurt?... - 24/9/2012 3:46:56 PM   
nostromo15

...I hope so - pain is there to teach us when we're doing something we shouldn't.

As if there wasn't a large enough glut of substandard, pointless remakes in recent times (The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Clash of the Titans - OK, maybe that last one's just my opinion), we're now subjected to this.

I mean, guys, come on, if you were going to go and remake something, why not take the bits of the Robocop franchise that were actually toilet, like Robocop 2 or Robocop 3 for example? Now that would have been a project worth spending the money on. This on the other hand is yet another example of Hollywood greedily milking the general public's money udders and then hosing it up the wall. All I can hope is that this rubber S&M suit is some kind of prototype and not the final gimp outfit it looks like and that I'm actually blown away by the finished film. I've been surprised before.

I on the other hand feel I need to spend $100,000,000 doing the Eiffel Tower again as I just think they didn't do a good enough job the first time...

Post #: 34
- 24/9/2012 5:28:36 PM   
ash333

Short of a re-make of Irreversible staring Father Christmas instead of Monica Bellucci, I don't see how anyone could possibly do a better job of shitting all over my childhood..

Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI