Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Transformers 4 Promises Brand New Robots

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Transformers 4 Promises Brand New Robots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transformers 4 Promises Brand New Robots - 13/9/2012 11:52:15 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Keep them simple.... - 13/9/2012 11:52:15 AM   
DarthMaxxx

Maybe if there wasn't so many freakin types of toys then sales wouldn't be so bad....
You have big Prime, medium Prime, small Prime, all these sizes sold in ranges such as movie Prime, classic Prime, Transformers Animated Prime, Transformers Prime Prime....
And not only that, Transformers recently celebrated it's 25th birthday, think about all the technological advancements made in the last quarter of a century so why o why are Transformers toys so freakin hard to transform!?!

Also why are they so expensive....

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Keep them simple.... - 13/9/2012 1:40:14 PM   
primebhoy

As the article suggests, Dinobots are pretty much a dead cert.

I'd like to see more of the COMBINERS introduced, but maybe only one on each side. I'd also have the actual robots characters fleshed out a bit (can anyone tell me the names of the autobots who featured in DOTM without a quick google?).

If they are going for toy sales, then Hot Rod is pretty much a dead cert.

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 3
Oh, Hollywood.... - 13/9/2012 2:54:42 PM   
Madhava

Yeah, make toy sales the deciding factor on the plot of a film. That's the way to make a good movie.

< Message edited by Madhava -- 13/9/2012 2:55:23 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Oh, Hollywood.... - 13/9/2012 3:18:31 PM   
DarthMaxxx

No diggity, has to have Hot Rod....
Completely baffled as to why he hasn't appeared before....

(in reply to Madhava)
Post #: 5
RE: Keep them simple.... - 13/9/2012 3:19:37 PM   
DarthMaxxx

quote:

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 6
RE: Keep them simple.... - 13/9/2012 3:20:00 PM   
DarthMaxxx

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 7
- 13/9/2012 3:42:43 PM   
sweetladybrick

It wouldn't be that hard to introduce the dinobots if they had stuck with the cartoon's premise that the autobots had been on Earth for millions of years before being woken up. Although some transformers were on Earth for a long time in the first movie (megatron iceman for example). Of course, it all goes back to the boring "We were here before" bollocks, or that the transformers have been involved in Earth's history (which was the set up of all three movies, however convuluted and contradictory that might have been- "We don't know what this is" in reference to a frozen Megatron, and yet 40 years before telling us that they had robot Leonard Nimoy on the moon. So actually, I don't really think any work is required to fit the dinobots into the story, because continuity didn't mean anything anyway. As the man himself said above, the film is driven by toy sales. So whatever's a cool toy will be in the film. And to be fair, it is a film about giant alien robots that transform into stuff, so it's not like the filmmakers think they're Kubrick or some shit, so they aren't going to dish out crap on their audience like "we're going on a darker, more realistic journey this time". Just make it so it doesn't hurt my eyes to watch robots fight, stop cutting away from the action, stop pretending that anyone gives a shit about the humans (they're only their for padding- if dropping them means you lose 30 minutes so be it unless you can justify them) and do something that doesn't concern Earth's history because it's all old hat. Have Unicron eat Earth. That's a good start. There's your reboot.

Post #: 8
RE: - 13/9/2012 3:54:00 PM   
DanTDavies

Sod new transformers, this time I would like to see: a script, a vaguely comprehensible plot and Shia Le Boef slowly lowered into a pit of rabid wolves.

(in reply to sweetladybrick)
Post #: 9
RE: Transformers 4 Promises Brand New Robots - 13/9/2012 4:01:20 PM   
Discodez

Sometimes there's really no need for satire, they just do it to themselves. Coming soon, the Matell and Mars Bar Quick Energy Chocobot Hour.....

Post #: 10
Not Again - 13/9/2012 4:14:49 PM   
ericcoyle

Why? Why? Why? These films started well (number one) became crap (number two) and then went into overdrive with such an abysmal piece of dung I don't even want to think about it. And now they are revealed for what they relly are: a giant expensive advert for toys. Tiny mindede kids who wouldn't know a good film if it got up and bit them will love it though, it'll make millions and the world will end.

Post #: 11
Hmmm! - 13/9/2012 4:37:55 PM   
dannyfletch

Now I actually have found the Transformers movies to be pleasantly entertaining in a noisy action fun kinda way and I know a lot of people that like them. The stories and script were never gonna be oscar worthy seeing as it's based on a fucking toy so I don't know what the people that moan about it were expecting!

Post #: 12
Might be better than last 2! - 13/9/2012 4:57:59 PM   
eddybaby83

If what they are saying is true - That Shia and the orginal cast are no longer on board, they could come out with an ok blockbuster. The 'characters' were one of the main problems in the last 2 films. It will still be stupidly heavy on pointless story and CGI, but what do you expect from Michael Bay?!

Post #: 13
Enough robots to play around with - 13/9/2012 7:07:29 PM   
DeadCell79

Whats bugged me with these movies... Well there's a lot actually but one of them is seeing Transformers turn up and disappear without a trace. Sound Wave, and Take Side Swipe for example, made a dramatic entrance in part two by cutting a deceptacon (the Audi) in half, then you hardly see him again through the rest of the movie and removed compleatly from part 3, it's little but I thing it's important. The other important plot point they missed a trick on was keeping Star scream alive, where by we see Megatron turned in to Galvatron by Unicron. Then have Galvatron kill Star Scream during his taking of the deceptacon leadership. But bay and his people are silly.

Anyways since a new cast is coming in then they can start off by calling their Male Ally Daniel, as that was his name in the cartoon/ animated movie.
Hot Rod, he should be the the 1970 Dodge Charger, Or obviously some American Muscle car, DinoBots, Ultra Magnus, Kup, Lazar Beak, Astro Train, Sound Wave still should be alive,

< Message edited by dead_cell79 -- 13/9/2012 7:12:46 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: Hmmm! - 13/9/2012 8:25:09 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch

The stories and script were never gonna be oscar worthy seeing as it's based on a fucking toy so I don't know what the people that moan about it were expecting!

You don't half talk some rubbish sometimes. No, it was never going to be "Oscar worthy" (as if that's a valid excuse for poor film-making) but is it too much to expect a half-way decent film that doesn't look at women as if they're objects to be perved over by some drooling idiot of a director?

It doesn't matter if it's based on "a fucking toy" or a Leo Tolstoy novel. Shit is shit.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 14/9/2012 2:38:40 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 15
RE: Hmmm! - 14/9/2012 6:55:03 AM   
cherylsturgill

I love the movie but i don't know all the names of the robots...hahahaha... and they will add a few more? or do they just do some changes with the existing robots?

I am Cheryl Sturgill, a movie lover, critic, blogger. I love reading reviews of other movie critics such as Eric Schiffer Seop and some others.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 16
Brain Junk - 14/9/2012 7:59:30 AM   
kittybinks

My day off yesterday, at a loose end I put on Dark Of The Moon turned my brain to standby and wayched 21/2 hours of mayhem...............Bliss! These movies are what they are...........Entertainment. Who says that you've got to watch Oscar Worthy movis or even movies with morals? That's why it's called entertainment folks!

Post #: 17
- 14/9/2012 12:22:59 PM   
demon1981

Why didn't bay stick with the original format in the first place with the arc being in transformers then everything would have fit in even the dinobots would have made sense being the first autobots out while the others were still asleep until present day. Why take the lets change it route just look at marvels films that they change the whole back story and it didn't work eg x men franchise

Post #: 18
- 19/9/2012 10:05:52 AM   
ievolutionnorth

Post #: 19
- 4/10/2012 2:30:06 PM   
cneunicerosan

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Transformers 4 Promises Brand New Robots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI