Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards - 11/9/2012 7:59:24 PM   
Harry Tuttle

This has been quite a year for me as far as monthly titles go, I've traditionally ignored them and just bought the trades when they're out. This year I've bought loads of stuff on a monthly basis and as such I was thinking of doing a list of my favourite writers, artists and titles of the year before I thought I might as well open it up to my fellow Shackers.

So basically what I've got so far is to do a top 3 under the following categories

Favourite writer
Favourite artist
Favourite monthly title
Favourite Graphic Novel
Favourite crossover (this could be a single entry rather than a top 3)

Then maybe some sub categories like

Favourite DC title/character
Favourite Marvel title/character
Favourite Image title/character
Favourite other title
etc

Basically let me know if there's any interest in this and I'll set it up. There are few enough of us here that I'd be happy to collate the results for the ultimate Empire Comic Countdown 2012 (TM) .

So, yeah, let me know if you're interested and if you've any ideas. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll know what floats Comic Shack's boat.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood
Post #: 1
RE: Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards - 11/9/2012 9:03:15 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Sound's cool! I'll have to mull over it a little though - I 've read a lot of brilliant stuff this year. But Jeff Lemire would most likely be in my running for best writer for The Underwater Welder.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 2
RE: Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards - 11/9/2012 10:36:50 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah I'm just gauging the interest at the moment. If there's enough interest I'll get it going towards the end of the year.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 3
RE: Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards - 12/9/2012 4:02:05 AM   
furrybastard

I'm up for it too! Maybe sub-categories like Favourite Original Graphic Novel could be included too, to differentiate from favourite Collected graphic novel?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 4
RE: Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards - 12/9/2012 11:02:04 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah that's cool. There's a few months to go before the end of the year so feel free to suggest away.

Another possible category is favourite arc (completed and ongoing?) and maybe favourite moment/scene as well. We could also have a most disappointing category if people want to go down that road. Also a most anticipated category I guess.

I've already know my top 3 for most of the categories in the first post but there's every chance they could change over the course of the next 3 months. I'd be surprised if they do but you never know.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 12/9/2012 11:08:41 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Ideas for Empire end of year comic awards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI