Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

DreamWorks Dates Dragon 3 & More

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> DreamWorks Dates Dragon 3 & More Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DreamWorks Dates Dragon 3 & More - 10/9/2012 9:29:29 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 10/9/2012 9:29:29 AM   
omgitsgray

Good luck, Dreamworks.. I'd like to see anything on the same level as How to Train Your Dragon...

Also, B.O.O. ...sounding a little Monsters Inc.-y ... uh oh..

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Big Mistake - 10/9/2012 4:40:50 PM   
omingura

I really hate to say this about Jeffrey Katzenberg and his band of Dreamworks misfits, but the fact of the matter is that this has all the makings of a studio kiss of death--meaning that the number of films that THEY have the desire to make will cost far more than money they will eventually bring in. Let me first just say that the first BIG mistake that Katzenberg made in the first place, was to have the studio exclusively make films in the 3D format. From a business standpoint, this a very smart move, but in reality, not many people have the desire to be forced to pay the extra 3-5 dollars (and, yes that was JK is responsible for us to pay a little extra) and have a shitty jarring experience with the format they claim to have tamed.

With this so called "Power" move to release this many films in such a short span of time is screaming to industry experts as DESPERATE. Its an effort that he (JK) is making for his studio to remain relevant, which is quickly diminishing and evidenced by the dwindling box office, VOD, TV Ratings, home video numbers, and their live shows. I'm not saying that Katzenberg has the cajones to wrangle up a group of outstanding collaborators to make a good movie; his problem right now is that he's not into the process right now and letting the studio go on auto pilot.

There is no question that Katzenberg is an outstanding businessmen, but he no longer knows or can't keep up in an ever-volitile, ever-changing marketplace.The only option that they have, and pixar learned this early on, is that they must have the support of a major studio (not in terms of distribution) in order to survive. JK fashioning Dreamworks Animation as an indie animation house, that just cost's them so much more trouble than its actually worth.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> DreamWorks Dates Dragon 3 & More Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI