Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Cameron Reveals More On Avatar 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Cameron Reveals More On Avatar 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cameron Reveals More On Avatar 4 - 9/9/2012 8:53:04 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Thought so - 9/9/2012 8:53:04 PM   
HulkySmashSmash

I was reading the start of that news piece and thought it'd be cool to go back to when Grace first showed up and the problems that occurred when the humans first touched down.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
More Quaritch please - 9/9/2012 11:02:37 PM   
Draven Cage

If we are going to go back in time for the fourth film, then a look at Colonel Miles Quaritch, his initial forays onto Pandora and how he got his head scars is, for me, a must.

Post #: 3
So, Alita is still alive and well? - 10/9/2012 8:41:53 AM   
kielerkai

That's good news, everyone!

Post #: 4
RE: So, Alita is still alive and well? - 10/9/2012 10:12:12 AM   
BelfastBoy

I'm sure there'll be loads of snarky comments about this soon enough, but I'm personally looking forward to more Avatar sequels. However, any prequel story is inherently pointless in the very obvious sense that the ultimate conclusion will always be known in advance. Avatar itself has already established the context in sufficient detail, so do we really need to see this stretched out to movie length just to grab some more dollars? I'm sure it'd be a technically amazing but ultimately grim film, and IMO just not necessary. If Cameron is so in love with his Avatar universe, why not just follow through on one of his promises from a few years back and put all the backstory into a novel or novels?

(in reply to kielerkai)
Post #: 5
RE: So, Alita is still alive and well? - 10/9/2012 10:40:47 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

I'm sure there'll be loads of snarky comments about this soon enough, but I'm personally looking forward to more Avatar sequels. However, any prequel story is inherently pointless in the very obvious sense that the ultimate conclusion will always be known in advance. Avatar itself has already established the context in sufficient detail, so do we really need to see this stretched out to movie length just to grab some more dollars? I'm sure it'd be a technically amazing but ultimately grim film, and IMO just not necessary. If Cameron is so in love with his Avatar universe, why not just follow through on one of his promises from a few years back and put all the backstory into a novel or novels?

Because he can make more money with a film then books. However I would like to see both The Abyss and True Lies out on Blu Ray then see Avatar 2,3 and 4. 

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 6
Going to do it - 10/9/2012 12:31:26 PM   
dholleyuk

So he is going to do this Dispite a massive percentage of viewers hating the first and generally the only reason why it did so well was the 3d gimmick

Oh well Mr Cameron good luck to you, you have come up with a winning formula similar to Mr Lucas in gaining as much money as possible with the least directorial and story driven films - Bravo

IMHO

Post #: 7
RE: So, Alita is still alive and well? - 10/9/2012 12:31:57 PM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

Because he can make more money with a film then books. However I would like to see both The Abyss and True Lies out on Blu Ray then see Avatar 2,3 and 4. 

Good call on both those films, both clearly requiring some serious Special Edition treatment! Jim C seems in particular to have badly neglected True Lies over the years.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 8
Going to do it - 10/9/2012 12:42:53 PM   
dholleyuk

So he is going to do this Dispite a massive percentage of viewers hating the first and generally the only reason why it did so well was the 3d gimmick

Oh well Mr Cameron good luck to you, you have come up with a winning formula similar to Mr Lucas in gaining as much money as possible with the least directorial and story driven films - Bravo

IMHO

Post #: 9
Box Office Speaks For Itself - 10/9/2012 1:23:55 PM   
Fozola

I don't think a gimmick alone can be responsible for a gillion dollars of box office. I for one (well along with a couple hundred million others) thought the original was a great movie and an awesome experience. If it was a money making exercise alone surely we would have already seen Avatar 2 by now! IMHO THE only 3-D movie that was worth my cash!

Post #: 10
RE: Box Office Speaks For Itself - 10/9/2012 1:30:50 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I thought Avatar was excellent and would happily sit through another one, that said I really want to see Battle Angel Alita made

(in reply to Fozola)
Post #: 11
Too Long - 10/9/2012 2:43:51 PM   
spamfiend

As much as I enjoyed Avatar I think this current vein of having to wait at least till at least 2015 for a sequel to the first one (6 years after release) is stretching it a bit far. We are now talking of a time-scale of at least another 5-6 years for the trilogy to be complete and whilst I hope the story arc and the story better the first one, I wonder if people will have the staying power nowadays to wait that long.

Post #: 12
RE: Too Long - 11/9/2012 9:59:55 AM   
TwistedAnimator

But does there really need to be another film? It was all wrapped up nicely. More films just feel like a guaranteed cash in.

(in reply to spamfiend)
Post #: 13
RE: Too Long - 11/9/2012 10:26:26 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Sometimes I get the feeling I'll be pushing Daisys by the time this'll happen.
Though saying that just look at Malick he's gotten very prolific in his latter years (well for him anyway).

(in reply to TwistedAnimator)
Post #: 14
- 13/9/2012 9:08:41 PM   
Musicals

Just a few simple words from this guy would make my day ; "I shall not be writing these films" God! what a relief that would be! No more rubbish from a man who is clearly functionally illiterate!

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Cameron Reveals More On Avatar 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI