Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: - 30/1/2013 9:50:56 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Once again, Empire completely overrates a film. Two stars is more accurate. It's slow, overlong and worst of all boring. It's also incomprehensible as time travel films tend to be. What makes Older Willis think he's gonna get his life back? Younger Willis will just make different decisions. None of the characters were likeable (not that they need to be) but I didn't care about any of them. I didn't care whether they lived or died.

The film changes in the second half, it might as well be a different film. So glad I rented. May I advise you to do the same.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 30/1/2013 10:08:40 PM >

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 121
Why does everyone like that third rock from the sun kid... - 8/2/2013 5:10:17 PM   
RLTShirley

That kid that Christopher Nolan always bums is not cool. He's just someone you want to fill in for giving you shifty eyes all the time.
His face looks weird in this, I don't know if it's CG or makeup but it looks stupid it kept distracting me from the plot. His face is more weird than Mark Whalbergs voice in 'The Happening'.

My main problem though was why didn't Bruce Willis just beat the shit out of that Kid cause he's obviously way less of a fag.
Still for a sci fi it was much better than a lot of shit thats been churned out lately.
I give it 2/5 because Bruce Willis is cool and it was better than 'In Time'
I recommend 'Primer' if you want a proper time travel movie.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 122
A Confused And Frustrated Sci-Fi - 28/3/2013 4:29:23 PM   
blaud

Sometimes, it's better to just leave certain ideas at the door for sake of filmic cohesion and clarity. Looper really does try to be a memorable sci-fi actioner, but in the end it comes up wanting due to a needlessly contrived narrative and an unflinching but somehow still cliché sense of aggression and violence. The story is probably the strongest aspect of the film, but falls at the first hurdle by allowing audience members to muse on certain aspects of the scenario early on. This means when the audience is thrust into the throes of the action scenes later, there's simply too much happening in too little a space of time. Director Johnson clearly helms the whole thing with a quiet confidence, but really, this is simply a forgettable, cheesy, and perhaps most glaringly of all, boring action film that won't satisfy action junkies or sci-fi buffs. Something of a misfire

Post #: 123
4 STARS... - 30/3/2013 2:00:11 PM   
chrisdagnall

JGL VERY GOOD, AND BLUNT ALSO EXCELLENT....GREAT STORY OVERALL, SOME PARTS WHERE YOU QUESTION THE LOGIC, BUT SOME TOP ACTION SCENES TOO (SEE THE CAR CRASH AT THE END)...

Post #: 124
Interesting sci-fi movie - 3/5/2013 12:22:26 AM   
film ninja

I enjoyed the film the first time I saw it. Very emotional and over the top. The second time I saw it, I realized none of the time travel stuff makes any sense. Then again, it never does, from Back to the Future to Terminator. I suggest just enjoying the ride instead of trying too hard to figure out all the contradictions.

Post #: 125
- 17/7/2013 10:05:40 PM   
TheGodfather

Looper
Rian Johnson`s most recent film was marketed as a time travel movie. Although that is a big part of the movie, in my book it is more the sad story of a man who`s willing to everything in his power to be with his wife and keep the life that he has. A beautiful and at times a moving story.
I felt that the time-travel trick was just something to pimp the story, as is the action. What doesn`t mean that those things aren`t good. The whole Looper bit was a nice find and well excecuted.
Gordon-Levitt again shows that he can carry the movie without problem and Willis give a great performance.
The end of the film leaves room for discussion, wich is something I always like.
Johnson again made a strong, original film that will justify multiple viewings.

8,2/10

Post #: 126
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI