Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/1/2013 12:22:02 PM   
spark1

cover art and specs for 'top gun 3d'-

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/top-gun-3d.html

thank you, tony scott.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 151
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/1/2013 12:57:09 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

thank you, tony scott.

Hell yes bring it on, can't wait for this

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 152
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/1/2013 1:49:37 PM   
spark1

is home cinema 3d dead?-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jan/11/ces-2013-journal-the-death-of-3d

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 153
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/1/2013 1:50:53 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

thank you, tony scott.

Hell yes bring it on, can't wait for this

i feel the need.....

Post #: 154
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 14/1/2013 10:23:14 AM   
spark1

wonder how the ps4 will handle 3d blu ray?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 155
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 19/1/2013 9:56:40 PM   
TUCK PENDLETON

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

Bought a new 46 inch LED (I have consider 1080p, thankfully), which just happens to have 3D upon it. So far I've only watched Hugo on it, and it was sexy as hell. Better than the cinema for me. Got Cloudy...Meatballs, Coraline, Monster House and Polar Express to watch, just disappointed I missed out on the 14 3D Prometheus...

Hugo does indeed look incredible in 3D. Easily one of my favourites. Sounds like you have a lot of animated movies. The best animated movie in terms of 3D is A Turtle's Tale: Sammys Adventures. Unbelievably amazing 3D!

Was in HMV yesterday and in there blue cross sale they had A Turtle's Tale for 6.75 so picked it up as you, and other reviewers, had been raving about its 3D.

OK as a film its a bit twee, but as a 3D showcase it is very impressive, especially the bit near the beginning where they have been picked up by the seagulls and then dropped, it looked like there was a turtle just floating in front of me! There were plenty of other such scenes with similar 'wow' moments, so even if you just view it as 'kids film', it really is a great example of how immersive 3D can be in the right hands, and worth a purchase if you see it cheap enough.

< Message edited by TUCK PENDLETON -- 19/1/2013 9:58:49 PM >

Play with it pal, but dont talk to it

Post #: 156
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 23/1/2013 1:45:39 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: TUCK PENDLETON

quote:

quote:

Bought a new 46 inch LED (I have consider 1080p, thankfully), which just happens to have 3D upon it. So far I've only watched Hugo on it, and it was sexy as hell. Better than the cinema for me. Got Cloudy...Meatballs, Coraline, Monster House and Polar Express to watch, just disappointed I missed out on the 14 3D Prometheus...

Hugo does indeed look incredible in 3D. Easily one of my favourites. Sounds like you have a lot of animated movies. The best animated movie in terms of 3D is A Turtle's Tale: Sammys Adventures. Unbelievably amazing 3D!

Was in HMV yesterday and in there blue cross sale they had A Turtle's Tale for 6.75 so picked it up as you, and other reviewers, had been raving about its 3D.

OK as a film its a bit twee, but as a 3D showcase it is very impressive, especially the bit near the beginning where they have been picked up by the seagulls and then dropped, it looked like there was a turtle just floating in front of me! There were plenty of other such scenes with similar 'wow' moments, so even if you just view it as 'kids film', it really is a great example of how immersive 3D can be in the right hands, and worth a purchase if you see it cheap enough.

Glad you were impressed by the 3D TUCK. I agree it is absolutely amazing. Yes the movie is a bit twee and very much aimed at kids, but i did enjoy it, it had a lovely message.

For other eye popping 3D animation I'd highly recommend Open Season, which has 3D almost as good or as good as A Turtles Tale.

personally i am more of a fan of live action. I've only really embraced animation since getting the 3D TV.

(in reply to TUCK PENDLETON)
Post #: 157
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 23/1/2013 9:55:06 PM   
TUCK PENDLETON

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Glad you were impressed by the 3D TUCK. I agree it is absolutely amazing. Yes the movie is a bit twee and very much aimed at kids, but i did enjoy it, it had a lovely message.

For other eye popping 3D animation I'd highly recommend Open Season, which has 3D almost as good or as good as A Turtles Tale.

personally i am more of a fan of live action. I've only really embraced animation since getting the 3D TV.

Ive actually got Open Season, got in a 3 pack with Monster House, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, haven't watched it yet though.

Also picked up Wrath of the Titans as Play were selling it for 4.09! I know its a conversion, but for 4 I thought Id give it a go. Will probably watch it at the weekend.

< Message edited by TUCK PENDLETON -- 23/1/2013 10:25:43 PM >

Post #: 158
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 23/1/2013 10:43:24 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Don't worry, Wrath of the Titans has reference quality 3D, it's absolutely amazing and one of my favourite 3D titles. I love those kinds of movies anyway so really like the movie itself too. Loads of great depth.

In all honesty conversions get a bad rap for no reason at all. Some of the most impressive 3D titles are conversions. Avengers has reference quality 3D and that was a conversion. Also if you get the chance i highly recommend Titanic 3D, a superlative conversion and one of the best looking live action titles around! Men in Black 3 was also a conversion and has fantastic 3D. Same goes for John Carter.

Post #: 159
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 24/1/2013 1:08:26 AM   
fairyprincess

Just got round to watching the 3d version of avatar that I bought over Christmas. Enjoyable enough evening.

Matter of life& death, spirited away, Little mermaid, carry on camping, Amelie, Ed wood, Hairspray(2007), Casablanca, an affair to remember, phantom of the opera (2005)

Post #: 160
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 24/1/2013 10:19:46 PM   
TUCK PENDLETON

quote:

Don't worry, Wrath of the Titans has reference quality 3D, it's absolutely amazing and one of my favourite 3D titles. I love those kinds of movies anyway so really like the movie itself too. Loads of great depth.

In all honesty conversions get a bad rap for no reason at all. Some of the most impressive 3D titles are conversions. Avengers has reference quality 3D and that was a conversion. Also if you get the chance i highly recommend Titanic 3D, a superlative conversion and one of the best looking live action titles around! Men in Black 3 was also a conversion and has fantastic 3D. Same goes for John Carter.

Ive got the Titanic 3D set, and I agree with you that its a very impressive conversion. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised though as James Cameron has been at the forefront of the current 3D revival and I couldn't see him putting out a dodgy disc.

Also got John Carter, which to me was unfairly slated, plus the 3D is pretty good.

Havent got MIB3 yet, but will pick it up in a sale at some point.

When Best Buy went tits up, I managed to pick up The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast pretty cheap, and was surprised to see how good even 2D cartoons can look converted, particularly The Lion King.

Out of curiosity I managed to find a copy of Mars Needs Moms 3D on Amazon for 18. It was pretty slated on release, but being a fan of Robert Zemeckis (even his CG stuff like Beowulf, Polar Express, and A Christmas Carol), I thought Id give it a look. It wasn't brilliant, but certainly not as bad as the reviews had suggested, and the 3D was good, but I didn't think it was a keeper, so I put it on ebay and some guy bought it for 26!

< Message edited by TUCK PENDLETON -- 24/1/2013 10:26:17 PM >

Post #: 161
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 31/1/2013 1:27:18 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

Ive got the Titanic 3D set, and I agree with you that its a very impressive conversion. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised though as James Cameron has been at the forefront of the current 3D revival and I couldn't see him putting out a dodgy disc.

Also got John Carter, which to me was unfairly slated, plus the 3D is pretty good.

Havent got MIB3 yet, but will pick it up in a sale at some point.

When Best Buy went tits up, I managed to pick up The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast pretty cheap, and was surprised to see how good even 2D cartoons can look converted, particularly The Lion King.

Out of curiosity I managed to find a copy of Mars Needs Moms 3D on Amazon for 18. It was pretty slated on release, but being a fan of Robert Zemeckis (even his CG stuff like Beowulf, Polar Express, and A Christmas Carol), I thought Id give it a look. It wasn't brilliant, but certainly not as bad as the reviews had suggested, and the 3D was good, but I didn't think it was a keeper, so I put it on ebay and some guy bought it for 26!

I really want to see Mars Needs Moms! I would have taken it off your hands. Although you made a good profit anyway. I've heard nothing but good things about some of those Disney cartoon conversions, so i'm glad to hear you also rate them.

This week i picked up Resident Evil: Retribution and Paranorman. Both were very enjoyable. Paranorman has fantastic stop motion animation and is a lot of fun. Resident Evil is more of the same but i enjoy that kind of stuff so i thought it was a blast. Good 3D in both, with Resi Evil probably coming out tops in that area.

Post #: 162
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 2/2/2013 9:19:31 PM   
TUCK PENDLETON

You could always do what I did, which was just to monitor Amazon to see if one of the American sellers is offering a copy cheap enough. Wouldn't mind getting Meet the Robinsons 3D at some point, but it seems to be staying well above 20 at the moment.

Glad you enjoyed Resi, but its not really my thing. Paranorman, I could be tempted if cheap enough.

I watched Wrath of the Titans. Not bad. The 3D conversion was pretty good, and some of the visuals were nice, but I just find Sam Worthington a real blank presence, he has no charisma whatsoever (also one of the reasons I didn't particularly enjoy Avatar), plus I was distracted by his 70s perm!

Walking past a bus stop today I saw a poster for a sequel to A Turtles Tale (it was called Sammy's Tale, or something). Lets hope the 3D is impressive as the first one.

Post #: 163
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 3/2/2013 2:00:11 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

You could always do what I did, which was just to monitor Amazon to see if one of the American sellers is offering a copy cheap enough. Wouldn't mind getting Meet the Robinsons 3D at some point, but it seems to be staying well above 20 at the moment.

Glad you enjoyed Resi, but its not really my thing. Paranorman, I could be tempted if cheap enough.

I watched Wrath of the Titans. Not bad. The 3D conversion was pretty good, and some of the visuals were nice, but I just find Sam Worthington a real blank presence, he has no charisma whatsoever (also one of the reasons I didn't particularly enjoy Avatar), plus I was distracted by his 70s perm!

Walking past a bus stop today I saw a poster for a sequel to A Turtles Tale (it was called Sammy's Tale, or something). Lets hope the 3D is impressive as the first one.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on amazon marketplace for it, it's looking at about 25+ at the mo though

Paranorman was only 14.99 from Sainsburys if that's cheap enough. It's a really good movie (i have since given it a second viewing) and if you're a fan of stop motion, then it's a must as the animation is out of this world.

I agree about Worthington but for some reason i really like him and want him to suceed and give better performances and become a better actor. He is definitely a bit of a blank slate currently, though he tries!

I have heard on good authority from posters in the 3D forum at Bluray.com that the 3D in Sammy 2 is just as good as the first. There is a japanese blu ray of it available so quite a few posters there already imported it. I think i'll hold out for a UK release though.

Post #: 164
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 6/2/2013 1:30:13 PM   
TUCK PENDLETON

Donavon

If you havent seen it already, theres a copy of Mars Need Moms 3D on Amazon UK for about 15.30 delivered.

Post #: 165
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 6/2/2013 1:41:47 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Cheers but i can only see a used one on there, if it's that one you're referring to, i really want a new copy! I think the US sellers are aware that you cant get it over here, hence their high prices

Post #: 166
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 8/2/2013 10:27:16 AM   
spark1

'top gun' 3d imax review-

http://www.mania.com/mania-review-top-gun-3d_article_136817.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 167
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/2/2013 4:41:31 PM   
Stuntgoat

Got my copy of Top Gun today, had a quick view of the opening scene, 3D looks pretty good, very grainy though.

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 168
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/2/2013 6:56:17 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Where did you order from mate?

My copy of Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning 3D arrived today. Steelbook too.

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 169
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/2/2013 7:08:04 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stuntgoat

Got my copy of Top Gun today, had a quick view of the opening scene, 3D looks pretty good, very grainy though.

Considering the original release was DNR-ed to hell that would be an improvement. Are you sure you know what grain is?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 170
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 12/2/2013 7:54:19 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

My understanding is the 3D release is a new transfer to the previous blu, or should i say a new remaster

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 171
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 13/2/2013 1:20:58 AM   
directorscut

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/comparison.php?cap1=19697&cap2=19687&art=full&image=0&cID=1556&action=1&lossless=#vergleich

+ Much less DNR
+ No EE
+ Grain

- Grain poorly rendered
- Digital artifacts and noise up the wazoo
- Teal and orange-ed to death

Maybe third time will be the charm, eh Paramount?

< Message edited by directorscut -- 13/2/2013 1:25:54 AM >

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 172
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 13/2/2013 1:27:12 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Was really impressed with the 3D on Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. It has consistently very strong 3D with good depth and dimensionality. Lots of nice choices of framing and shots to emphasise the 3D throughout. I also really enjoyed the movie too.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 173
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 13/2/2013 3:06:26 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

Was really impressed with the 3D on Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. It has consistently very strong 3D with good depth and dimensionality. Lots of nice choices of framing and shots to emphasise the 3D throughout. I also really enjoyed the movie too.

They are shooting Direct to dvd movies in 3D now ??? Madness.

Will give the film a rent pretty soon as i really liked the last instalment.The trailer makes it look like rubbish though so my expectations are not high.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 13/2/2013 3:07:47 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 174
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 13/2/2013 4:04:31 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Day of reckoning actually had a theatrical run in the states so its not direct to dvd. The movie was very good but very different to regeneration. Its been compared to what a david lynch universal soldier might be like lol. The action is fantastic and its very violent

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 175
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 16/2/2013 6:44:11 AM   
dewdropbd

Thanks for ur post :-) dewdropbd

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 176
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 19/2/2013 10:21:40 AM   
spark1

another 3d BD conversion out soon-

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/gamer3.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 177
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 20/2/2013 9:54:20 AM   
fairyprincess

My 2013 3d wish list goes something likes this....

House of wax
Little mermaid
Frankenweenie
Wreck-it ralph

A release of Friday the 13th 3d would be good also.

Matter of life& death, spirited away, Little mermaid, carry on camping, Amelie, Ed wood, Hairspray(2007), Casablanca, an affair to remember, phantom of the opera (2005)

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 178
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 22/2/2013 9:40:05 PM   
TUCK PENDLETON

Disney have just added Brave to their rewards programme, so I used 900 of the 1100 points I had, and now Brave 3D is now on its way!

Havent seen it, but Pixar Blu-ray's are usually pretty spectacular in the picture department.

(in reply to fairyprincess)
Post #: 179
RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! - 25/2/2013 8:55:42 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I really enjoyed Brave 3D. The movie isn't the greatest or anything (despite winning best animated film at the Oscars. Paranorman was much better IMO). However the visuals and soundtrack is fantastic with Brave. The 3D is nice too. being Pixar it's not anything spectacular in the 3D department, but good solid 3D nonetheless.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: 3D Blu Ray: The Future! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI