Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 23 [24]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 31/12/2014 11:56:57 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

Here's my new 3D Blu Rays.

Nice. Let me know what you think of the 3D in Legend of Hercules. For my money it's among the best 3D movies of the year, in terms of how strong the 3D is and use of pop outs etc.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 691
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 31/12/2014 3:04:49 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Nice. Let me know what you think of the 3D in Legend of Hercules. For my money it's among the best 3D movies of the year, in terms of how strong the 3D is and use of pop outs etc.

Agree the 3D was one of the strongest used in a film this year and while the film was ok the 3D was amazing. Still have yet to see The Wizard of Oz 3D yet have you seen it what did you think ?. Let me know and have a Happy New Year.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 692
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 1/1/2015 9:57:43 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yeah the film is just OK, shame. At times it's pretty good, but the script is godawful and despite actually really liking that Kellan Lutz guy, his performance in this needed a lot more work. Scott Adkins came off best as the evil king. What's nuts is that the movie had a budget of 70-80 Mil yet it looks like far less. At least the stunning 3D and gorgeous cinematography make up for it. Not seen Wizard of Oz in 3D yet but I've heard very good things about it! Happy new year to yourself also mate.

< Message edited by DONOVAN KURTWOOD -- 1/1/2015 9:58:29 AM >

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 693
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 3/1/2015 9:50:49 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

Yeah the film is just OK, shame. At times it's pretty good, but the script is godawful and despite actually really liking that Kellan Lutz guy, his performance in this needed a lot more work. Scott Adkins came off best as the evil king. What's nuts is that the movie had a budget of 70-80 Mil yet it looks like far less. At least the stunning 3D and gorgeous cinematography make up for it. Not seen Wizard of Oz in 3D yet but I've heard very good things about it! Happy new year to yourself also mate.

Yeah I have to agree with what you say I did laugh a lot at the film but the 3D makes it a keeper. However I really did like the Hercules film with the Rock in it that was really good however I have not seen it in 3D. Hope you had a great opening to the New Year .

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 3/1/2015 9:55:16 AM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 694
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 8:28:31 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

Yeah I have to agree with what you say I did laugh a lot at the film but the 3D makes it a keeper. However I really did like the Hercules film with the Rock in it that was really good however I have not seen it in 3D. Hope you had a great opening to the New Year .

Yes the film has its fair share of unintentional laughs. Did you enjoy the lion?  Yeah i really like the Hercules with The Rock, the 3D is also great in that, although not as strong as Legend of Hercules but VERY good!

Word of advice regarding Hercules (The Rock version) the UK release is CUT, it was cut for cinemas in the UK and that's the same version that's on the blu ray. Also in other countries they got a 2D extended cut which we have not got in the UK. So basically if you're going to pick up the movie don't buy the UK release.

I've ordered the German Steelbook: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00NGQPQOK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Its release date is like today i think. I had picked up the US release but it was unfortunately locked to Region A and whilst i can play Region A discs, i didn't want a locked disc. It was frustrating as Paramount virtually never lock their discs so i don't know why they did with this one. Anyway i returned that copy and that was why i ordered the German version.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 695
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 10:16:36 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes the film has its fair share of unintentional laughs. Did you enjoy the lion? Yeah i really like the Hercules with The Rock, the 3D is also great in that, although not as strong as Legend of Hercules but VERYgood!

Word of advice regarding Hercules (The Rock version) the UK release is CUT, it was cut for cinemas in the UK and that's the same version that's on the blu ray. Also in other countries they got a 2D extended cut which we have not got in the UK. So basically if you're going to pick up the movie don't buy the UK release.

I've ordered the German Steelbook: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00NGQPQOK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Its release date is like today i think. I had picked up the US release but it was unfortunately locked to Region A and whilst i can play Region A discs, i didn't want a locked disc. It was frustrating as Paramount virtually never lock their discs so i don't know why they did with this one. Anyway i returned that copy and that was why i ordered the German version.

Thanks for the Info on The Rock Version will look at the German Steelbook. To tell you the truth I can't really remember a lion in The Legend of Hercules will have to go back and watch it again.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 696
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 1:20:33 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yeah about ten to fifteen minutes in, they encounter a lion and Hercules has a brief fight with it. How can you not remember that? lol It looks baaaaaad.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 697
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 1:22:51 PM   
Stuntgoat

I thought the Rock Hercules was okay, haven't been on in a while. Thought Guardians looked amazing, liked how it did the Imax full screen and also how some of the 3D came out of the widescreen bars, like when Drax spits out the spinal fluid. Also watched Sin City 2 today, the film was actually pretty good despite the reviews and the 3D is amazing, really pulls you into the film. Have X-Men Days Of Future Past and Peabody and Sherman to watch as well.

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 698
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 1:26:52 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stuntgoat

I thought the Rock Hercules was okay, haven't been on in a while. Thought Guardians looked amazing, liked how it did the Imax full screen and also how some of the 3D came out of the widescreen bars, like when Drax spits out the spinal fluid. Also watched Sin City 2 today, the film was actually pretty good despite the reviews and the 3D is amazing, really pulls you into the film. Have X-Men Days Of Future Past and Peabody and Sherman to watch as well.

I really liked Sin City 2 also. Perhaps it helped that i think the first movie is just 'Okay' so i was able to enjoy this one without really comparing it to the first. And the 3D was great yeah.

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 699
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 1:34:20 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Shameless plug for an awesome 3D movie, House of Magic. This is from the director of the two Turtles Tale movies, and is a must buy for the 3D. Honestly some of the best animated 3D i've ever seen and best use of the format. The guy really knows his stuff, this movie is a visual knockout from start to finish! Highly recommended. The story is a lot of fun too and it's full of amusing characters.

Post #: 700
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 1:36:05 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Picked up Nurse 3D today, been looking forward to seeing this for ages! Took it's time getting to the UK that's for sure.

Post #: 701
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 5/1/2015 11:23:04 PM   
fairyprincess

For about a year my 3d blu Ray player stopped playing blu ray's. For Christmas I got a replacement.

If just gotten the 3d versions of jurrasic park and wizard of oz too. Is it me or have 2d conversions gotten a lot better?.....

Matter of life& death, spirited away, Little mermaid, carry on camping, Amelie, Ed wood, Hairspray(2007), Casablanca, an affair to remember, phantom of the opera (2005)

Post #: 702
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 6/1/2015 1:10:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

2D conversions depend on which company is doing the converting. If it's a good company, then the conversion will be great. Primce Focus for example are absolutely fantastic at it. Obviously with other developments in tools and technology, it makes the process of converting from 2D to 3D much easier (and more effective).

(in reply to fairyprincess)
Post #: 703
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 7/1/2015 11:11:05 AM   
spark1

review of 'nurse 3 d'-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/reviews/nurse-3d-blu-ray-review/

Post #: 704
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 10/1/2015 11:39:53 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

got my German Hercules 3D Steelbook yesterday. This has the uncut version of the movie, which was cut for the UK. 3D version, 2D version and also the extended cut. It also comes with a bonus blu ray.

< Message edited by DONOVAN KURTWOOD -- 10/1/2015 11:42:27 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 705
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 20/1/2015 12:28:35 PM   
NCC1701A

The 3D on Flying Monsters was good however I did get bored with the programme it's self.

I have watched a bit of Beauty and the Beast 3D and the 3D is really great, Looking forward to watching the film it's one film that I have been after in 3D. Still have the old 2D Blu Ray.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 20/1/2015 12:31:19 PM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 706
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 20/1/2015 9:51:19 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I want to see Flying Monsters 3D, I have one with Attenborough in the British Museum where they bring back extinct creatures. It's in 3D called Alive! It's pretty cool.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 707
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 21/1/2015 11:23:05 AM   
spark1

specs/art for 'penguins/madagascar'-

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/penguins-of-madagascar.html

Post #: 708
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 31/1/2015 11:18:02 AM   
spark1

specs for 'exodus'-

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/exodus-gods-and-kings.html

Post #: 709
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 2/2/2015 7:58:03 PM   
Stuntgoat

Amazon have a pretty good price for a triple 3D boxset, not the greatest films but only 6.80 for 47 Ronin, RIPD and Immortals all in 3D.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ronin-RIPD-Immortals-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B00MCKN8EG/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1422906834&sr=1-2

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 710
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 2/2/2015 8:10:26 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stuntgoat

Amazon have a pretty good price for a triple 3D boxset, not the greatest films but only 6.80 for 47 Ronin, RIPD and Immortals all in 3D.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ronin-RIPD-Immortals-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B00MCKN8EG/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1422906834&sr=1-2

Bloody hell that's an unbelievably good price, so cheap! I love 47 Ronin, RIPD has fun action scenes and great 3D (but is not a good movie) and Immortals is a good fantasy adventure. I don't want to think about what I paid for those three compared to that boxset price!

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 711
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 10/2/2015 9:59:28 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

The Maze Runner was released on blu ray in the UK yesterday and much to my surprise there is a short 3D animated movie on it called Ruin from Wes Ball, the director of The Maze Runner. The short film is a futuristic post apocalyptic sci fi and it's a really spectacular action sequence with a guy on a futuristic bike being chased through a ruined city. It was a bit like the bikes in Akira but done with realistic looking computer animation and it was all in bright sunlight. The 3D is really strong and the camera movements are great, with loads of really fast moving 3D shots with terrific depth. In watching The Maze Runner it seemed like such a missed opportunity for 3D and after seeing what the same director did with 3D in Ruin it's even more disappointing that the main feature isn't 3D. Anyway I wanted to mention this in case there are any 3D fans who were thinking of picking up The Maze Runner but weren't aware of the 3D short. It's about 8 and a half minutes long and whilst that isn't much, trust me when I say it's spectacular.

Post #: 712
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 14/2/2015 1:46:24 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the post today. Holy crap the 3D in this is absolutely stunning. Really strong deep 3D throughout which takes off during the action sequences or any of the CG heavy moments. Highly recommended 3D movie and definitely one of the best of last year. The scene on the mountain with the truck is really something to behold in 3D and there are some great pop outs and even a moment where the black bars at the top and bottom are broken by an object coming out of frame. Really great stuff!

Post #: 713
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 18/2/2015 9:00:36 AM   
NCC1701A

Finally got back to watching a 3D Blu Ray last night I had been watching The Good Wife Season 2 and 3 dvd's back to back. Watched

The 3D was great the film was outstanding as always.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 18/2/2015 9:01:06 AM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 714
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 18/2/2015 11:25:47 AM   
spark1

specs for 'hobbit/five armies'-

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies.html

wait for UE boxset I think.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 715
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 26/2/2015 11:45:31 AM   
spark1

how come 'big hero 6' is not out on blu 3d?

Post #: 716
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 26/2/2015 1:01:21 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

how come 'big hero 6' is not out on blu 3d?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Hero-Blu-ray-3D/dp/B00SYEP5KY/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1424955625&sr=1-2&keywords=big+hero+6

It just hasn't been released yet.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 717
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 6/3/2015 8:48:10 AM   
NCC1701A

Finally watched

Last night the 3D was outstanding.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 718
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 22 23 [24]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 23 [24]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI