Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 12/10/2014 8:46:28 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stuntgoat

Watched Rio 2 3D the other day courtesy of Lovefilm, was an okay film, but the 3D was really good, lots of depth and the jungle foliage obviously helped. Also picked up Puss In Boots 3D for a fiver!
Also noticed that you cannot get the 3D version of Planes Fire & Rescue in the UK.

I hate to say it but from what I have been reading online Disney will not make it available in 3D anywhere. Some have said that Disney is stopping 3D for Blu ray I really hope that they are wrong.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 661
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 14/10/2014 8:21:31 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

Watched Rio 2 3D the other day courtesy of Lovefilm, was an okay film, but the 3D was really good, lots of depth and the jungle foliage obviously helped. Also picked up Puss In Boots 3D for a fiver!
Also noticed that you cannot get the 3D version of Planes Fire & Rescue in the UK.

I hate to say it but from what I have been reading online Disney will not make it available in 3D anywhere. Some have said that Disney is stopping 3D for Blu ray I really hope that they are wrong.

Yeah Disney is especially screwing with the US market, a number of quite high profile releases haven't yet received a 3D blu ray in the US, such as Frozen, Need for Speed (Disney distribute this in America) and Maleficent.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 662
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 14/10/2014 8:22:45 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Picked this up yesterday, movie of the year IMO. I love everything about it and the 3D is fantastic in it.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 663
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 15/10/2014 8:22:23 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I rewatched this with a couple of friends last night (who loved it) and it's worth mentioning that the 3D disc is quite a bit brighter than the 2D. I noticed this on Monday so i turned down the brightness on my 3D settings for last night's viewing and it was a vast improvement. It's kind of like The Wolverine, where the 3D version is quite a bit brighter than the 2D, resulting in very washed out blacks. Best to turn the brightness down to the middle and then everything looks much better!

Post #: 664
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 15/10/2014 11:00:08 AM   
spark1

specs for the rock's 'hercules'-

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/hercules5.html

Post #: 665
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 17/10/2014 1:32:47 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

Yeah Disney is especially screwing with the US market, a number of quite high profile releases haven't yet received a 3D blu ray in the US, such as Frozen, Need for Speed (Disney distribute this in America) and Maleficent.

Really hope that other studio's do not follow Disney.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 666
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 20/10/2014 8:40:05 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't think we need to worry just yet, 3D content seems to be forthcoming from all the major studios, it's just Disney in the US. Lets hope it stays that way and that they reverse their attitude towards the US market too.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 667
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 21/10/2014 8:38:39 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

The rather groovy looking Maleficent 3D Steel. Will watch the movie this week, blind buy.

Post #: 668
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 21/10/2014 11:31:50 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't think we need to worry just yet, 3D content seems to be forthcoming from all the major studios, it's just Disney in the US. Lets hope it stays that way and that they reverse their attitude towards the US market too.

Agreed would also like to see some more old movies get the 3D treatment and would love to see Jaws 3D come out . Nice looking steelbook as well. However I was not the biggest fan of Maleficent.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 21/10/2014 11:32:45 AM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 669
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI