Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD Page: <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 28/8/2014 8:22:58 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Picked this up on Monday:

First heard about it ages ago and I'd been waiting a while to check it out. I really enjoyed it. It's a fun adventure movie with lush visuals. I don't know what all the negative reviews are talking about when they question the quality of the animation as I thought it looked stunning in 3D. The mo cap is superb and the environments look great. The 3D throughout is excellent with a consistent strong 3D presentation. Tons of depth and layers throughout the whole movie. Loads of fluid swooping camera moves too. The story was interesting and there was plenty of exciting actions scenes. I really thought the movie worked. I don't know what critics are talking about sometimes. They seem to find it hard to appreciate a lot of fun adventure movies.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 631
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 28/8/2014 9:25:33 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

Nice steelbook there DK

Here are my 3D pick ups since June.

Those three underwater documentaries are awesome. That was one of the first sets i bought after getting my 3D TV. Really fantastic stuff.

Finally got round to seeing the Lego Movie. Not too bad and i enjoyed it more than i thought i would. The first ten mins or so were especially good. Kind of like Wreck it Ralph where i felt the start was strongest.

I had seen one of them before it's a set that I have been after for a while just never gotten around to picking it up. Glad to hear you watched the Lego Movie loved it my self still the best film of the year for me.

Off topic have you seen Divergent yet and what did you think of it ?.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 632
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 28/8/2014 1:31:02 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I did see Divergent and i must be honest i wasnt crazy about it, although i'm really not the target audience by a long shot. The story and characters held zero interest for me however i did enjoy the visuals, the post apocalyptic setting and there was that one great scene where she ziplines through the ruined city at night, that was amazing. Sadly that is only a brief bit in a fairly long movie. I will say i much preferred it to Hunger Games which i really didn't like at all. I find if these YA adaptations had a bit more action in them, i'd enjoy them more but they all seem to be action lite.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 633
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 29/8/2014 8:48:15 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

I did see Divergent and i must be honest i wasnt crazy about it, although i'm really not the target audience by a long shot. The story and characters held zero interest for me however i did enjoy the visuals, the post apocalyptic setting and there was that one great scene where she ziplines through the ruined city at night, that was amazing. Sadly that is only a brief bit in a fairly long movie. I will say i much preferred it to Hunger Games which i really didn't like at all. I find if these YA adaptations had a bit more action in them, i'd enjoy them more but they all seem to be action lite.

I was not that keen on it myself it wasted Maggie Q badly. I have to say that I much prefferred The fist Hunger Games film was not a fan of the 2nd film. But I know a few people who like it not the worst film of the year (Muppets most wanted I am looking at you there such a waste after the 2011 Muppet film which I loved) However The Grand Budapest Hotel is a close 2nd).

Back on Topic last night I watched Jurassic Park 3D yet again it is now my most watched 3D film. I have watched it 4 times. 2 times this year and can not wait to re-watch it again.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 634
RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD - 1/9/2014 8:47:16 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

I was not that keen on it myself it wasted Maggie Q badly. I have to say that I much prefferred The fist Hunger Games film was not a fan of the 2nd film. But I know a few people who like it not the worst film of the year (Muppets most wanted I am looking at you there such a waste after the 2011 Muppet film which I loved) However The Grand Budapest Hotel is a close 2nd).

Back on Topic last night I watched Jurassic Park 3D yet again it is now my most watched 3D film. I have watched it 4 times. 2 times this year and can not wait to re-watch it again.

Yeah Maggie Q was hardly in it! A lot of these YA adaptations tend to blend together for me really. Not seen either Muppets of Grand Budapest Hotel, but then i haven't seen the 2011 Muppets movie either, not really my thing to be honest.

Yeah Jurassic Park 3D is wonderful every single time.

Amazing Spiderman 2 out today, wahey! I loved that movie, looking forward to rewatching it later.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 635
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: THE 3D BLU RAY THREAD Page: <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI