Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For Blasphemy.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For Blasphemy. Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For Blas... - 31/8/2012 2:27:59 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Just awful that in this supposedly more enlightened times some religous extremeists can`t have some humility and compassion for a girl who clearly is too disabled to know what she was doing. She could get the death penelty in Pakistan for tearing out some pages of the Koran in 24 hours. Please sign the petition I despair of some peoples ignorence sometimes this makes me so angry!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/pakistan_save_my_daughter/?fByazbb&pv=22

< Message edited by Cruisecontroller -- 31/8/2012 2:30:52 PM >

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5
Post #: 1
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 31/8/2012 3:48:05 PM   
Woger

Makes you despair for humanity. it's one thing for cave men to wallow in their own pathetic view of the world but leave others out of it.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 2
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 31/8/2012 3:52:39 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Agree Woger.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 3
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 31/8/2012 3:58:07 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

She won't get executed but any kind of a prison term would be a travesty. Whatever happens the religious knobs on the street will target her if she gets out.

Post #: 4
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 31/8/2012 6:57:41 PM   
Cruisecontroller

I think she won't be executed but she can't win whatever happens. Doesn't say much for Pakistans standing in the world as a free modern civilised democracy. 😒

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 5
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 31/8/2012 7:39:50 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

Just awful that in this supposedly more enlightened times some religous extremeists

Yeah, there's your problem right there.....

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

Post #: 6
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 1/9/2012 2:08:50 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

I think she won't be executed but she can't win whatever happens. Doesn't say much for Pakistans standing in the world as a free modern civilised democracy. 😒

That's a bit hard to do, when Islamic militants come in from your Western borders, the government is notoriously corrupt, and elements in your military and government has sympathies with the Islamic militants to the extent that it used to train them. It would be ridiculous for them to claim that.

EDIT: My apologies, I first I read Pakistanis not Pakistans. The ' would have helped.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 1/9/2012 2:25:24 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 7
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 2/9/2012 10:58:06 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Turns out the local mullah stitched the girl up because he doesn't like Christians. Also according to the article politicians have been assassinated for speaking out against the blasphemy law so it's unlikely to get changed anytime soon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/02/pakistani-mullah-accused-girl-blasphemy

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 8
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 2/9/2012 11:11:58 PM   
elab49

The hysterical reaction to any suggestion of it is simply unbelievable. But I doubt that entire community have a chance of getting back to their homes because in that atmosphere reason doesn't have a hope in hell. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 9
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 2/9/2012 11:29:01 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The good thing is the cops have dragged this fool in - shows that while some religious nuts may hold sway in the streets the law is attempting to do the right thing for now. I wonder if he will get the death penalty for tearing out pages from the Koran though

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 4/9/2012 2:26:25 AM   
Nexus Wookie

According to Islamic law anyone who is mentally impaired, cannot be held responsible for their actions. This case should have been thrown out pronto - whether the girl did it or not. This fucking so called Mullah has caused more harm than good, and it shows Islam in a very bad light too. Fact is these so called religious scholars know nothing about Islamic law, and have no real respect for theirselves, their communities or their faith, or else they'd never go round trying to stitch up a mentally impaired girl for something she did not do. It makes me fucking mad.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 11
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 4/9/2012 3:32:29 AM   
Deviation

If they follow that part of Islamic Law that is (I don't know how Pakistan implements it or how they interpret it), they might have their own interpretation. I honestly don't know how a case like this would end here, Pakistan is such a conflicted mess it could result with either the mullah being punished, nothing happening or the girl actually facing a very harsh sentence like death.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 12
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 4/9/2012 2:34:47 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Actually no one has ever been executed due to this law - it seems the authorities come down on the side of sense, but Islamic parties resist any changing of the law. The average overly-religious fuckhead on the street is liable to attack the concerned individual or their families though.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 13
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 4/9/2012 2:37:23 PM   
elab49

In part this seems to be because the 'law' is lucky to get to the alleged culprit first - if this girl hadn't been in custody she would have been murdered. Is there any doubt on that? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 14
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 4/9/2012 4:46:57 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I think the fact the local Christian community upped sticks and done one after her arrest says it all really, even after the arrest of the Mullah.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 15
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 9/9/2012 12:30:11 PM   
Gravitas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Makes you despair for humanity. it's one thing for cave men to wallow in their own pathetic view of the world but leave others out of it.

The Guardian reading types might say you are being xenophobic or worse - racist.

You know what they are like.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 16
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 10/9/2012 3:36:48 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Common sense prevailed but it is an absolute disgrace that she was framned for that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19498970

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 17
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 13/9/2012 3:56:17 PM   
Gravitas

And I thought it was bad in Bradford!

Post #: 18
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 13/9/2012 4:58:42 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gravitas

Too many asians in Bradford for your liking?

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 19
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 13/9/2012 6:30:32 PM   
Gravitas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Nah! Just joking, son! Can't have too many Muslims as far as I'm concerned. I love everything about Islamic culture. Such an enlightened and peace loving culture.

< Message edited by Gravitas -- 13/9/2012 6:31:17 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 13/9/2012 6:36:40 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 21
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 2:58:02 PM   
Gravitas

quote:

quote:

There are too many first cousins being married in Bradford resulting in too many children being born with disabilities but the health professionals have been reluctant to speak out about it because of "Islamophobia" claims and pressure from their leaders.

Post #: 22
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 2:59:22 PM   
sanchia

And where did you get this information from if it is not in the public domain pray tell?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 23
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 3:03:05 PM   
Deviation

I'm not even sure how it is relevant to this thread. At least the other ones were topical. Somehow. In their own special way.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 24
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 3:07:27 PM   
sanchia

It does seem to be a bit clutching at straws in an attempt to tenuously link to his agenda when in reality it has no connection to Bradford or the lack of evidence he has regarding his claims. I must admit I do await his response with how he has access to information which he himself has stated is not in the public domain.

According to the Bradford Community mental health profile Bradford is in fact pretty much average for England overall. I have found a Daily Mail article concerning it regarding Steve Jones but that in itself states no higher level of inbreeding than the Royal Family and that it is a potential future problem not one at this time. It also claims that Northern Ireland has a high level of Inbreeding

< Message edited by sanchia -- 16/9/2012 3:16:32 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 25
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 3:09:10 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

There are too many first cousins being married in Bradford resulting in too many children being born with disabilities but the health professionals have been reluctant to speak out about it because of "Islamophobia" claims and pressure from their leaders.

You daft racist.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 26
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 3:17:25 PM   
Gravitas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

I'm not even sure how it is relevant to this thread. At least the other ones were topical. Somehow. In their own special way.

Mentally handicapped Pakistani girl.

Remember?

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 27
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 3:18:07 PM   
Gravitas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

You daft racist.

Was this news to you? Or are you in denial?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 28
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 3:18:16 PM   
sanchia

Whom has been found not guilty and the one who framed her has been charged.

Also why do you only make comments on threads which relate to Muslims or Pakistanis? Considering this is a film forum website I have not seen you make one comment regarding a film.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 16/9/2012 3:21:29 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 29
RE: Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For ... - 16/9/2012 6:12:41 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Mentally handicapped Pakistani girl.

Remember?

Yes, it is still irrelevant to the entire point WHICH DEALT WITH BLASPHEMY LAWS. IN PAKISTAN. It's so tenuous it borders in idiotic bigotry. NOT THE MENTAL CONDITION OF THE PAKISTANI NATION.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 16/9/2012 6:15:58 PM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Mentally Handicapped Girl On Trail In Pakistan For Blasphemy. Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI