Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 29/1/2013 12:08:57 AM   
musht

I'd love to see Edgar Wright direct an episode

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 61
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 29/1/2013 5:19:28 PM   
Timon

Perhaps the series will start laying breadcrumbs for the introduction of Hank Pym/Ant Man and other 'Avengers'. We'll probably see the introduction of characters like Luke Cage, characters whose films are in development hell or whose stories probably wouldn't be as interesting as some of the bigger names.

Perhaps we'll see SHIELD finding Namor?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 62
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 5/2/2013 1:38:54 PM   
Timon

With Phase 2 introducing The Guardians of the Galaxy and Phase 3 (reportedly) sending the Hulk into space, I wouldn't be surprised to see SHIELD dealing with more extraterrestrial threats (though hopefully not too similar to the Men In Black).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce Namor through the series...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 63
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 5/2/2013 1:53:48 PM   
Zaphod121

I'm interested to see how they handle not having Nicky Fury around, doubt he'll want to appear in a TV series.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 64
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 6/2/2013 2:39:37 AM   
gtrekker

This show has the potential to be nay will be awesome especially with Joss behind the scenes Im hoping the fact that he's involved with the show means that it wont mess with continuity and agree it could give smaller characters a good launch pad or even introduce other members of the Avengers.

''Due to the sad state of TV shows at the moment it's a good thing there are TV DVD boxsets''

my youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/thegtrekker?feature=mhee

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 65
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 6/2/2013 3:30:47 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

With Phase 2 introducing The Guardians of the Galaxy and Phase 3 (reportedly) sending the Hulk into space, I wouldn't be surprised to see SHIELD dealing with more extraterrestrial threats (though hopefully not too similar to the Men In Black).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce Namor through the series...

I'm expecting some Skrull action. They seem like the ideal 'threat/bad guy' for this kind of show.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 66
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 6/2/2013 7:14:20 AM   
sanchia

quote:

Nerd alert!

S.W.O.R.D. deal with the alien threats.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 67
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 6/2/2013 10:12:26 AM   
Timon

Let's face it, the Marvel Universe has too many organisations. They need to cull a few. Or combine them. S.H.I.E.L.D., S.W.O.R.D, H.A.M.M.E.R, I'm sure there are many more....

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 68
Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 8/4/2013 12:38:29 PM   
Timon

So, it's now 'Agents of SHIELD', which is less tidy, but probably more accurate. Expect to see the trailer for the series in the next few weeks.

Joss Whedon shows us not all heroes are super with Marvelís Agents of SHIELD.

Fresh from his role in the summerís box office smash, Marvelís The Avengers, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organisation SHIELD. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of agents to tackle the cases that havenít been classified yet: the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). Theyíll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of superheroes, aliens and the unusual; of action, spectacle and world-spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered SHIELD agents Ė that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr Horribleís Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvelís first live-action TV series, Marvelís Agents of SHIELD.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 69
RE: Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 8/4/2013 2:07:49 PM   
musht

quote:

So, it's now 'Agents of SHIELD', which is less tidy, but probably more accurate. Expect to see the trailer for the series in the next few weeks.

Joss Whedon shows us not all heroes are super with Marvelís Agents of SHIELD.

Fresh from his role in the summerís box office smash, Marvelís The Avengers, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organisation SHIELD. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of agents to tackle the cases that havenít been classified yet: the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). Theyíll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of superheroes, aliens and the unusual; of action, spectacle and world-spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered SHIELD agents Ė that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr Horribleís Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvelís first live-action TV series, Marvelís Agents of SHIELD.

Sounds brilliant!! Has it got past the pilot stage yet?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 70
RE: Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 10/4/2013 1:47:27 PM   
Zaphod121

Nope. We'll probably have to wait a little to hear if ABC has picked it up for series.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 71
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 10/4/2013 2:27:50 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

If it's a hit, which I'm sure it will be, it'll be a good way of introducing lesser known heroes/villains that would never have a chance of appearing in a feature film. Kind of like what Arrow has done with Deadshot and Huntress.

Perhaps we'd see Coulson and co. take on Tim Blake Nelson's Samuel Sterns/The Leader who was 'created' at the end of The Incredible Hulk.

Introducing the street level heroes like Cage and Iron Fist would be perfect for this. Don't see the need for an often mentioned series of these characters (the likes of DD and Punisher included) if they've got the SHIELD one out there. Doesn't mean there can't be spin-offs if this is successful though.

Sterns would be a prefect 'big bad' (entirely appropriate term for this series ), especially as the cannon Avengers prelude comics had him locked up at SHIELD HQ after being captured by Black Widow. Is Nelson doing much these days?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 72
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 12/4/2013 1:25:26 PM   
Timon

Quite a lot, but I'm sure he has time for one episode.

Perhaps they could explain in the show who all these evil henchmen/mercs were that Loki recruited in The Avengers...?

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 73
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 11/5/2013 4:14:38 PM   
musht

So this as been picked up surprise, surprise.

And the first promo airs on Sunday

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 74
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 12/5/2013 6:25:46 PM   
Shifty Bench

Here's 7 seconds of it- click

EDIT: And the 30 second trailer- click

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 13/5/2013 3:44:04 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 75
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 13/5/2013 7:45:19 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I should have known better than to look at the comments on that Youtube page

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 76
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 14/5/2013 11:08:42 PM   
Scruffybobby

Full length trailer thingy here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ

"Welcome to Level 7" . Nice.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 77
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 16/5/2013 12:52:15 PM   
paul_ie86

Hey vad3r, your wish has come true http://www.twitter.com/JossActual

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 78
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 16/5/2013 1:02:56 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Hey vad3r, your wish has come true http://www.twitter.com/JossActual

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 79
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 16/5/2013 9:06:39 PM   
Harley Quinn

I am so excited for this!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 80
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 17/5/2013 9:00:40 PM   
fuzzy

So who'd you think Gunn bloke from Angel is playing? Reports say it's not Luke Cage and may even be a character that wasn't black in the comics. Maybe a tad early to feature more famous characters like Cage, but I really hope they wont waste the opportunity to introduce a few over the course of the series. And please don't create new ones - there's plenty to choose from in the Marvel universe, and that goes for bad guys too.

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 17/5/2013 9:03:37 PM >

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 81
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 18/5/2013 10:53:39 AM   
Base

Dunno, the powers look consistent with Cage, and doesn't look like he's an agent from the start. If they went with the heroes for hire angle, he wouldn't have to actually be a member of Shield to help them out each episode. Would be a good one to have as a regular, boring powers but easy to put on screen, but great character, and Richards would be a great choice to play him.

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 82
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 3:45:26 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

Let's face it, the Marvel Universe has too many organisations. They need to cull a few. Or combine them. S.H.I.E.L.D., S.W.O.R.D, H.A.M.M.E.R, I'm sure there are many more....

They've reported that the Marvel Film/TV universe is now sepreate from the Comics (which it always was i guess) but it means they can change some big stuff. Like bringing all those you've mentioned above under just SHIELD and not having to explain them all.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 83
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 3:48:27 PM   
Titanm21

Also instead of rebooting a film I'd like to see them bring the Fantasic Four into this as Marvel have the rights back.

Not regular characters but in and out of the series etc

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 84
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 3:58:59 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Also instead of rebooting a film I'd like to see them bring the Fantasic Four into this as Marvel have the rights back.

No they don't. The rights for Fantastic Four remain with 20th Century Fox and the next film will take place in X-Men (post the new Wolverine film) continuity.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 85
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 4:32:20 PM   
Artoo

quote:

Josh Trank (Chronicle) is currently working on this and Michael B.Jordan is all but cast as The Human Torch. I would like to see Marvel get the rights back to all of their characters (especially X-Men) but I guess that's just wishful thinking. One character they did get the rights back for recently was Daredevil, so they're coming back slowly but surely.

Can't wait for this series to start, and I hope the J.August Richards character is indeed Luke Cage as has been the rumour. Although that would mean Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will never get to play him.........

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 86
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 4:47:12 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo
Can't wait for this series to start, and I hope the J.August Richards character is indeed Luke Cage as has been the rumour. Although that would mean Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will never get to play him.........

There have been 3 different Bruce Banners in the past ten years.....

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 87
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 5:01:27 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

No they don't. The rights for Fantastic Four remain with 20th Century†Fox and the next film will take place in X-Men (post the new Wolverine film)†continuity.

That's not a lot though given that Fox don't really seem to care about continuity. It could be interesting given they hired Mark Miller to "supervise" but I'll hold out and see how they handle Days of Future Past and the collision of 2 very different continuities

quote:

They've reported that the Marvel Film/TV universe is now sepreate from the Comics (which it always was i guess) but it means they can change some big stuff. Like bringing all those you've mentioned above under just SHIELD and not having to explain them all.

Really? As in we could have 2 different Starks? RDJ and a more TV budget friendly one? That's surprising and seems to fly n the face of what Marvel have done with Avengers Assemble

< Message edited by musht -- 23/5/2013 5:03:21 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 88
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 5:08:41 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht
Really? As in we could have 2 different Starks? RDJ and a more TV budget friendly one? That's surprising and seems to fly n the face of what Marvel have done with Avengers Assemble

No, as in the TV and Film universe are one in the same but separate from the Comic universe.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 89
RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series - 23/5/2013 5:13:30 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

No, as in the TV and Film universe are one in the same but separate from the Comic universe.

Shit, I totally misread Titanm's original post

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI