Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ray/DVD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ra... - 30/8/2012 2:11:07 AM   
directorscut

I'm shocked, shocked to find bad spelling and grammar going on in an Internet forum!

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 31
RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ra... - 30/8/2012 8:34:06 AM   
Dr Lenera

Cinema Paradiso
Leon
Malena [more Bellucci!]
The Lord Of The Rings trilogy
The Abyss

I would imagine Once Upon A Time In America [extended version shown at Cannes but still being worked on atm] too....

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 32
RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ra... - 30/8/2012 12:16:00 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
Now go and sit in the corner until you've learned this, k?

Isn't it 'ok'? I always thought it was 'ok'.

Okay?

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Alien 3.

Although I thought some bits in the "directors cut" were great, I can't fathom for the life of me why they changed the end

(SPOILER ALERT)

Why did they cut the bit where we see a chest burster coming out of ripley and her hanging onto it as she falls into the flames and dies? Just didn't get the need for that change myself.

I assumed it bursting out was added in case audiences hadn't 'got' that she was carrying one. Personally I think her sacrifice without it bursting out seems much more dramatic, and puts the focus in that shot on her rather than the alien coming out.

Also, it looks stupid.

I actually watched the Alien3 special edition last night and,although I regard it as the better cut, there were still issues with certain scenes.

And concerning the Ripley death I prefer the chest-burster scene to the special-cut scene,mainly due to the longevity of the cut.
In the special edition cut Ripley's death,for me, isn't culminating and is rather lacking in emotion ie she just falls in rather to sharply/quickly for my liking.
While the chest-burster take,although very convenient that Ripley gave "birth" there-and-then,had the right slow pace which gave the shot more weight and emotion.

Agree that the extended cut version is miles better - in the theatrical version yes, the timing is too unbelievable and it looks terrible, but my main problem is that she just "gives birth" as if she's having a relaxing soft poo. As we know, the pain experienced during an alien coming out is excruciating. So that ending has never sat well with me and was always the main thing I disliked about it (along with Clive Mantle's "acting"). And I LOVE Alien 3. So the new ending where she just falls into the flames not only looks better, but also emphasises her own personal sacrifice more over than it just being a way to kill the new queen.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 33
RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ra... - 30/8/2012 12:28:37 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

quote:

Okay?

Either 'okay' or 'ok' is fine.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 34
RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ra... - 30/8/2012 12:30:55 PM   
great_badir

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

quote:

Okay?

Either 'okay' or 'ok' is fine.

I was being purposely pedantic, but now you've ruined my pedantry

< Message edited by great_badir -- 30/8/2012 12:31:11 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 35
RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ra... - 30/8/2012 12:42:17 PM   
Shifty Bench

Damn, of all the days that my mind reading powers could fail me, it had to be today! Why??????

I don't see why my response ruined your pedantry, you could have ignored my response, I was just trying to say that 'k' is a horrible use of the word

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 30/8/2012 12:44:14 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 36
RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ra... - 30/8/2012 2:45:45 PM   
Void Indigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera

Cinema Paradiso
LeonMalena [more Bellucci!]
The Lord Of The Rings trilogy
The Abyss

I would imagine Once Upon A Time In America [extended version shown at Cannes but still being worked on atm] too....

MALENA - Great Film. Beautiful score by Morricone. And yes, I'm looking forward to the definitive cut of ONCE UPONA TIME IN AMERICA.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Best Uncut, Director's Cut, Extended Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI