Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Star Wars 3D Releases Continue

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Wars 3D Releases Continue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Wars 3D Releases Continue - 27/8/2012 8:48:40 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The Farce Will Be With You...Always - 27/8/2012 8:48:40 AM   
BenTramer

The George Lucas Retirement Fund keeps going (not that he needs it). He said he's a lazy person and it's hard to disagree with him. He's had some great ideas and some awful ones and milked both for every drop of cash he could get out of them. I might go to see the third one, just might.

< Message edited by BenTramer -- 27/8/2012 9:21:55 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Excitement... - 27/8/2012 9:25:21 AM   
TCaredda

Come now guys, putting the GL bashing to one side, who ISN'T going to love seeing the 'Battle of Geonosis' from Episode II in 3D or pretty much every shot from Episode III in 3D? I for one, cannot wait. Gutted that i have to wait longer for Episode II, but Episode III right after it is a great move!

Post #: 3
FLASHMAN - 27/8/2012 10:32:13 AM   
Frank Comiskey

"Apathetic I am" the dour, leaden new trilogy was so self-indulgent, so humourless, so bereft of sarcasm, wryness and interesting characters, that they would still be flounder-flat in 5D; I'll let other people, (desperately believing that cheap plastic glasses will conjour the magic of Parts IV to VI that was never there in the first place), to fill George's coffers.

Post #: 4
RE: Excitement... - 27/8/2012 10:45:54 AM   
ED-209

quote:

ORIGINAL: TCaredda

Come now guys, putting the GL bashing to one side, who ISN'T going to love seeing the 'Battle of Geonosis' from Episode II in 3D or pretty much every shot from Episode III in 3D? I for one, cannot wait. Gutted that i have to wait longer for Episode II, but Episode III right after it is a great move!

Me me me! I really enjoyed watching Episode 1 back on the big screen in 3D earlier in the year. It had been years since I had seen it last and I actually thought it to be pretty good. Unfortunately it is frowned upon these days to actually like the prequels, especially on this forum, and I'll probably get ripped to pieces for saying that I thought The Phantom Menace was a good movie, but what the hell. 

< Message edited by ED-209 -- 27/8/2012 10:50:47 AM >

(in reply to TCaredda)
Post #: 5
RE: Excitement... - 27/8/2012 11:37:42 AM   
nutteronabus

Do not want.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to ED-209)
Post #: 6
Watch Hayden Christianson moan and cry like a girl for ... - 27/8/2012 12:44:34 PM   
Jamie_M

Who isn't looking forward to the Battle of Geonosis from Episode II in 3d???? Are you having a laugh, are you actually serious,,,nobody is mate, absolutely nobody!!!!! Episode II is actually worse and more painful to sit through than The Phantom Menace,, atleast that had 4 minutes of Darth Maul,,, I'd watch an entire Jar Jar Binks Spin off movie instead of watching Hayden C and Natalie portman attempt some romantic dialogue together,, absolutely cringey!!!! Just a God awful movie all round!!!

Post #: 7
What am I looking forward to? - 27/8/2012 7:43:13 PM   
jrewing1000

Nothing. Worst trilogy of films ever made.

Post #: 8
Oh good grief..... - 27/8/2012 8:20:40 PM   
stav

Make it stop. For the love of God, please make it stop.

Post #: 9
oh help... - 27/8/2012 8:29:41 PM   
leroythemasochist

i have two boys, one is 4 the other is 2. They both are totally bored by Ep 1 (except the podrace which still holds up I reckon). They LOVE the Yoda/Dooku lightsabre smack down in Ep2. And adore ALL of Ep3. Sith, I reckon, is a pretty darn good movie. Yes, Hayden thingy is just terrible from his bad hair extensions to his awful 'acting' 'skills', and how on earth are we meant to think Anakin/Vader's an ok guy at the end of Jedi when we find out in Sith that he actually chopped little kids up with his light sabre???!!!
BUT... at least it's got good bits like the awesome battle at the start and everything coming together and that brilliant feeling that you got if you were lucky enough to see Ep4 on the big screen in 1977 (thank you mum and dad for ensuring I was born at precisely the right time for this).
Lucas shouldn't have just looked at Jedis - characters like Solo lifted the original trilogy and made it more of a fun ride. All that po-faced 'you have much to learn my young padawan' bollocks just gets too much after a while.
whatever, I won't be going to see any of the movies at the cinema again, they were an unfortunate experiment that didn't quite work as well as everyone hoped. It's a shame now that there ain't much love for Star Wars in general.
Incidentally, my 4 year old's favourite character is either Luke or Han (depending on his mood) but definitely not that nasty baby-killing Anakin!

Post #: 10
Looking forward to Empire's "revisited" revie... - 28/8/2012 12:15:05 AM   
BatSpider

5 stars, will it be?

Post #: 11
RE: Looking forward to Empire's "revisited" r... - 28/8/2012 3:23:51 AM   
NeoBrowser

All you haters can suck it. I will be going to see both of them as I did for Phantom Menace in February.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Episode II's Battle of Geonosis and the bounty hunter chase on Coruscant in 3D, and Episode III's space battle and Obi-Wan vs Anaking fight. So apparently its not "nobody". Also it will make decent money, cause in other countries - especially Asia - the Prequels are still much appreciated as part of the Star Wars Saga.

I am less interested in seeing the Originals in 3D, due to their terrible graphics (with the possible exception of Episode V)

(in reply to BatSpider)
Post #: 12
ENJOY THE CONVERSION - 28/8/2012 9:39:03 AM   
NateDrake007

It will be the only thing three dimensional about Hayden Christinsen.

Post #: 13
RE: ENJOY THE CONVERSION - 28/8/2012 1:32:55 PM   
goldleader

I will be there for both.

Really enjoyed watching EPI earlier in the year and any Star Wars film is always best served on the big screen.

All the haters why don't you just give it a rest. The prequels aren't as good as the originals but to be honest i think the hating is getting more annoying than anything in the films.

(in reply to NateDrake007)
Post #: 14
- 28/8/2012 4:00:51 PM   
NateDrake007

Hate only leads to the dark side so maybe we should all stop moaning after all.....

Post #: 15
RE: - 28/8/2012 4:46:44 PM   
gunstar

Bad films in 3D are still bad films.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to NateDrake007)
Post #: 16
RE: RE: - 29/8/2012 12:41:29 PM   
Cool Breeze

Looking forward to it.Not a fan of 3D but any chance to see these on the big screen is most welcome.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 17
RE: RE: - 31/8/2012 9:24:59 AM   
Wild about Wilder

No big surprise then it'll be 3D B.Ray/dvd followed inevetably the Star Wars IMAX experience! Hmmmmmmmm...................................................................................................
Actually I might just watch that.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 18
Just leave it alone now George - 1/9/2012 6:53:33 PM   
spamfiend

I have to say whilst I did enjoy Ep 1, I hated it in 3D. The depth was completely out and only the foreground seemed to work with the backgrounds looking incredibly flat. This is the problem with post conversion as the film was not filmed for 3d and even if you throw a bucket of cash at it, it will still be a 2D film converted to 3D.

I doubt I will go and see these others after being so disappointed with the first one and I now think I have spent more than enough on Star Wars films at the cinema, on VHS, DVD, DVD Special Editions and now the Blu-Ray versions over the last 35 years!!

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Wars 3D Releases Continue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI