Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get w... - 23/8/2012 9:00:57 PM   
mclane1

In my view there are actors and directors who really shouldn't be offered work on a regular basis. And those who should get more.
And here we go...

Why?.?
Rob Cohen, Edward norton, mc g , Ben stiller, Ewan mc greggor, Toby emerich, Maggie gyllenhaal, Toby McGuire , clint Eastwood , 50 cent, her out of Juno, don cheedle and Tim burton.

And why not constantly more.??
Edris alba, Ben affleck, and so on, lost the plot now but the general premise of the post is those that are used a lot yet are crap and those great that only pop up now and then. It's a winner!

If the cash is there, we do not care.
Post #: 1
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 23/8/2012 10:16:36 PM   
Shifty Bench

Sure there is a thread like this already as is the Unpopular Opinion thread. And that Clint Eastwood, what a hack, eh? Never makes any good films and he is in the same league as McG.......

And it's Idris Elba.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 23/8/2012 10:17:14 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 2
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 24/8/2012 12:33:34 AM   
MonsterCat

Does 50 Cent get much acting work? His only film is Get Rich or Die of Boredom from Watching this Nonsense, right?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 3
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 24/8/2012 12:59:53 AM   
Shifty Bench

He's done a few straight to dvd films and was in Righteous Kill with De Niro and Pacino. He'll also be in The Tomb with Stallone and Schwarzenegger next year.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 24/8/2012 1:07:29 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 24/8/2012 8:05:12 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

In my view there are actors and directors who really shouldn't be offered work on a regular basis. And those who should get more.
And here we go...

Why?.?
Rob Cohen, Edward norton, mc g , Ben stiller, Ewan mc greggor, Toby emerich, Maggie gyllenhaal, Toby McGuire , clint Eastwood , 50 cent, her out of Juno, don cheedle and Tim burton.

Edris alba, Ben affleck, and so on, lost the plot now but the general premise of the post is those that are used a lot yet are crap and those great that only pop up now and then. It's a winner!

What the hell is this drivel?

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 24/8/2012 8:36:37 AM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 5
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 24/8/2012 2:37:49 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

What the hell is this drivel?

He musta been on the sauce when he wrote it.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 6
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 24/8/2012 2:47:09 PM   
Timbzy

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

Because that is the way the cookie crumbles.

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 7
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 25/8/2012 4:38:22 PM   
AmityBodega1977

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

Ha! Ha! That list is so perfect! Agree with them all except Burton. A few I've added :

Why?? Jonah Hill, Vince Vaughan, Halle Berry, Charlize Theron, THE CAST OF BRIDESMAIDS!, Will Ferrell, PAUL RUDD

Why not more? Joe Pesci, Mary Elizabeth Masstrantonio, Kevin Costner, Greg Daniels

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 8
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 27/8/2012 6:07:04 PM   
mclane1

yes the sauce was on

If the cash is there, we do not care.

(in reply to AmityBodega1977)
Post #: 9
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 28/8/2012 1:33:46 AM   
AmityBodega1977

quote:

yes the sauce was on

don't apologies for this thread. as lists go it's a classic in my book. not quite up there with Schindler's List but still great. one glaring omission was Adam Sandler. oh and Kate Beckinsale, as nice a person as she is she should not be acting in films

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 10
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 4/9/2012 12:44:38 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timbzy

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

For Maggie's inclusion alone Mclane is an idiot

(in reply to Timbzy)
Post #: 11
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 4/9/2012 2:51:52 PM   
AmityBodega1977

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

why not argue the point for the inclusion of Maggie rather than calling him an idiot. it's his viewpoint that's all. personally I think it's pretty spot on

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 12
RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't g... - 6/9/2012 1:38:52 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmityBodega1977

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

why not argue the point for the inclusion of Maggie rather than calling him an idiot. it's his viewpoint that's all. personally I think it's pretty spot on

Fair point, it is just that regulers here will already know about my love for her work and in genral she is a highly regarded actress who unlike many hollywood stars has done a great range of parts and goes on looking for the deverse roles.

She was the best thing acting wise in Crazy Heart (and I do like the film) she is just commanding and brings so much power and depth to that part, you believe in her character and truly understand when she tells the Bridges character to stay out of her life. Her and James Spader make a wonderful pair in Secretary, yes its a disturbing film but their chelmstry and reading of those roles make it a more tender romantic comedy also. She handles a difficult part very well in World Trade Centre, is very good in the Dark Knight (again in a slightly under written part) and carries the film perfectly in Sherry Baby. Also her work with likes of John Waters, John Sayles, Don Roos and in the second Nanny McPhee movie proves her range. No explain to me how she is not a great actress?

Also it is laughable that he has Affleck on the other list yet is taking Edward Norton to task.

(in reply to AmityBodega1977)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI