Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Total Recall

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Total Recall Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 4:35:38 PM   
rawlinson

The lack of self-awareness is staggering.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 61
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 4:39:27 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Ah but you see CB, unlike some we're not fascists - we take democrat decisions as a group. And as this isn't actually a 'job'. not everyone is around 24/7.

I'm sure some on this board would be rather glad unilateral decisions can't be taken...

Just the sort of reply id expect from a supposed mod who responds like a troll.I will be taking this further.

If you have any queries regarding these issues then James or Helen can be contacted via the e-mail links on their IDs 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 62
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 4:40:16 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Especially your own lack of self awareness.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 63
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 4:42:25 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

I'm aware that someone who has spent most of his time here trolling the Bond threads (which was still going on until the beginning of this month), has a signature designed to bait, and recently described an actor as being a scumbag has absolutely no business calling anyone else a troll.

Post #: 64
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 4:49:17 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm aware that someone who has spent most of his time here trolling the Bond threads (which was still going on until the beginning of this month), has a signature designed to bait, and recently described an actor as being a scumbag has absolutely no business calling anyone else a troll.

Actually im not trolling the Bond threads at all.I visit them cos im a fan and because i dont like Daniel Craig in the role doesnt make me less so.Its my opinion and im entitled to it.Trolling is when you keep on visiting a thread for a favourite film like The duck returns did ( a film he obviousl hates ) and keeps banging on about it.I comment on a vast variety of topics and my signature is a direct quote from Tarantino in last months Empire.Hardly designed to bait,maybe you think QT is above criticism? How about minding your own business and stop creeping around after other posters comments making derogatory comments just because you disagree with them? Thats what a troll does and you do it all the time.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 65
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 4:56:17 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Actually im not trolling the Bond threads at all.

quote:

i dont like Daniel Craig in the role doesnt make me less so.Its my opinion and im entitled to it.

You constantly visited the boards to complain about the films, despite claiming not to have seen Skyfall you still posted dismissive opinions about it. You were doing exactly the same thing that you complained about with Duck. If he should stay away from a discussion when he obviously hates a film, you should stay away from all Craig discussion, because your input never rises above "he looks like a thug and he's blond!"

quote:

I comment on a vast variety of topics and my signature is a direct quote from Tarantino in last months Empire.Hardly designed to bait,maybe you think QT is above criticism?

I haven't like a Tarantino film in 15 years, and as you well know, what makes it trolling isn't the quote, it's your spin on it "the already long in decline" designed to annoy Tarantino fans with every post you make.

quote:

How about minding your own business

Do you understand the concept of a forum?

quote:

and stop creeping around after other posters comments making derogatory comments just because you disagree with them? Thats what a troll does and you do it all the time.

All the time? I want evidence of this please.

Post #: 66
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 5:02:18 PM   
elab49

Gentleman, please - could we leave this thread to people wanting to discuss a bad film? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 67
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 5:03:12 PM   
rawlinson

Certainly, I should have known better than to feed the troll.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 68
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 5:08:07 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

Actually im not trolling the Bond threads at all.

quote:

i dont like Daniel Craig in the role doesnt make me less so.Its my opinion and im entitled to it.

You constantly visited the boards to complain about the films, despite claiming not to have seen Skyfall you still posted dismissive opinions about it. You were doing exactly the same thing that you complained about with Duck. If he should stay away from a discussion when he obviously hates a film, you should stay away from all Craig discussion, because your input never rises above "he looks like a thug and he's blond!"

quote:

I comment on a vast variety of topics and my signature is a direct quote from Tarantino in last months Empire.Hardly designed to bait,maybe you think QT is above criticism?

I haven't like a Tarantino film in 15 years, and as you well know, what makes it trolling isn't the quote, it's your spin on it "the already long in decline" designed to annoy Tarantino fans with every post you make.

quote:

How about minding your own business

Do you understand the concept of a forum?

quote:

and stop creeping around after other posters comments making derogatory comments just because you disagree with them? Thats what a troll does and you do it all the time.

All the time? I want evidence of this please.

Derailing a review thread to make off topic childish and attention grabbing statements is trolling Rawlinson.

I think Tarantino is in decline.People are entitled to disagree with that statement.Havnt heard any complaints so far though.

I have seen the first two Craig Bond films.I didnt like him in them and have stated my reasons for doing so.I havnt seen Skyfall.Naturally like some pro Craigers i know here, they cant accept criticism of there hero so label anyone who doesnt like him a troll..I also hate the LOTR films but i dont troll the favourite films thread for that series every day because i dont want to ruin it for those who do.

So now in an effort to get the thread back on track after being derailed by the trolls..

Total Recall 2012 sucks.

And thats me done with this thread.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 29/12/2012 5:09:59 PM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 69
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 6:08:11 PM   
UTB

Ah well at least a film that "sucks" got a fucking tedious review thread to go with it, eh.

Post #: 70
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 7:50:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

I still think the film was ok!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 71
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 7:55:02 PM   
matty_b

quote:

I also hate the LOTR films but i dont troll the favourite films thread for that series every day because i dont want to ruin it for those who do.

You did troll The Hobbit thread, though. And insult my family the other day.

But seriously reporting MonsterCat to a mod for calling you a fascist gave me the biggest laugh I've had for days. I genuinely hooted out loud. Well done.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 72
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 8:05:33 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

I also hate the LOTR films but i dont troll the favourite films thread for that series every day because i dont want to ruin it for those who do.

You did troll The Hobbit thread, though. And insult my family the other day.

But seriously reporting MonsterCat to a mod for calling you a fascist gave me the biggest laugh I've had for days. I genuinely hooted out loud. Well done.

Same here. I'm sure he's been called worse, anyway. And here I was thinking he was getting huffy in OP while all the time he was self-destructing here. Hah. Awesome.

Still wouldn't mind watching this, though.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 73
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 9:32:40 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Me too!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 74
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 10:00:16 PM   
Sir Roger Moore

I watched this last night after my daughter bought me the DVD for Christmas. I don't 'recall' much of it when I think about it, which says it all!

RM

I played James Bond from 1973 to 1985. Some people think I was in the role for a few years Moore than I should have been!

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 75
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 10:58:29 PM   
MonsterCat

In all fairness I should apologize for posting what was clearly meant to be a joke. I know full well that Cool Breeze is completely lacking a sense of humour, and I should have known that he would react the way he did.

Just to be clear, this isn't an apology to Cool Breeze.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sir Roger Moore)
Post #: 76
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 11:02:09 PM   
Sir Roger Moore

Poor 'Cool Breeze' - he seems like a bit of a 'hothead' to me!

RM

I played James Bond from 1973 to 1985. Some people think I was in the role for a few years Moore than I should have been!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 77
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 11:02:34 PM   
rich

So who us Sir Roger Moore, and can they get banned?

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Just to be clear, this isn't an apology to Cool Breeze.

< Message edited by rich -- 29/12/2012 11:03:18 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 78
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 11:05:03 PM   
MonsterCat

I know fake IDs are usually frowned upon, but can we keep this guy?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 79
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 11:10:08 PM   
Sir Roger Moore

For someone called 'rich', asking for me to be banned is pretty 'poor form', isn't it?

RM

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 80
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 11:18:01 PM   
rich

Well Roger seeing as it's you, call me Dick. I've seen less obvious account duplication you understand.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Sir Roger Moore)
Post #: 81
RE: Total Recall - 29/12/2012 11:36:52 PM   
Sir Roger Moore

Don't worry Dick, I can assure you that there's only one of me! Hopefully I can give a good 'account' of myself!

RM

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 82
RE: Total Recall - 30/12/2012 1:11:57 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

You would, you fascist.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 83
RE: Total Recall - 30/12/2012 1:34:28 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

quote:

You would, you fascist.

Reported to the mods, Mr Mod. Christ your a bitch.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 84
RE: Total Recall - 30/12/2012 4:45:29 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I'm torn between that and calling Elab a troll as the funniest bit of the thread.

Total Recall, haven't seen it, but Colin Farrell seems a good guy. Although I've heard bad things about one of his cousins.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 85
RE: Total Recall - 30/12/2012 10:02:47 AM   
matty_b

Shane?

Yeah, he's a cunt.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 86
RE: Total Recall - 6/1/2013 8:27:33 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Three stars is fair, three and a half at a push. The whole thing looks amazing, and you get what you paid for, an entertaining popcorn movie.

Probably best not to delve too far into the story, it's a touch convoluted.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 87
RE: Total Recall - 28/2/2013 1:09:23 PM   
jcthefirst

Probably one of the most boring films I've seen in a long time. It was filled with cool stuff and some interesting ideas, but never really shifted into top gear.

Although the world of the film was amazing to look at.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 88
Shocking! - 17/5/2013 9:50:29 AM   
guysalisbury

This has made a very strong case for smashing its way into my list of worst films ever! Its all well and good people telling you to ignore the original but when half the decent bits of script have been lifted directly from the first one its pretty hard not to judge it against it. Beckinsale might well be the hottest woman on the planet but my god is she terrible at acting! What was Colin Farrell thinking getting involved in the shit! Its just so boring! The only thing that saved this from getting no rating what so ever is the fact that you have some lovely eye candy on show. Sorry I know it sounds shallow but this is just a bad bad film!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 89
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Total Recall Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI