Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra.....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 4:48:09 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prophet_of_Doom

I never understand how these moments get left in. The Nolan one that annoyed me, for instance, there's absolutely no reason why that couldn't have been edited out - it's about one second long. And I can't believe they've been missed in the editing suite?!?!

It must have been the studio making Nolan put/leave that moment in, because we all know he is perfect. (Nolan)

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 31
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 6:09:14 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8c1UmwD0Y

What got me as a kid was that it was bad enough it was acid, but boiling as well? That's harsh

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 22/8/2012 6:14:34 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 32
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 6:19:22 PM   
paul_lfc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Star Wars, " STAY ON TARGET, STAY ON TARGET", "THEY CAME FROM BEHIND...." the guy just bugs the hell out of me ! I give myself an imaginary self satisfied fist pump every time he dies ! Fck you Gold Leader......

What about the guy behind Luke who says 'wait, wait........' and gets blown up? Wait for what?

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 33
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 6:47:29 PM   
DancingClown

On a more positive note I do love this guy.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 34
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 7:11:03 PM   
directorscut

"Yeah, I got something for your ass! You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York!
"You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us."

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 35
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 7:24:54 PM   
UTB

Still not as annoying as Parker himself...

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 36
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 8:50:17 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

The employee at the water station in Wayne Tower in BB:
"The water main is gonna blow!" (repeat 3x)

Oh god that one. There's a guy in the moral dilemma scene in TDK that goes "WE SHOULD PUT IT TO A VOTE" >:T

In fact they're full of them.... that damn kid in Begins or that press conference in TDK where the guy goes "It's getting worse every daaaay". Ugh

quote:

ORIGINAL: MB2

"I think he took his wallet."

OHh and that one

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

OH god but this guy is the best

Haha here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-2WPo0yE9w

< Message edited by rich -- 22/8/2012 8:58:29 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 37
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 9:09:13 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich
quote:

Haha here

Heh. That guy is awesome. I have always loved that his subtitle is- 'Unemployed Person'

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 38
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 22/8/2012 9:52:41 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

Haha here

Heh. That guy is awesome. I have always loved that his subtitle is- 'Unemployed Person'

I seem to remember reading that he was the drummer from Van Halen. One of the greatest cameos ever!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 39
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 23/8/2012 3:27:14 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

Oh god that one. There's a guy in the moral dilemma scene in TDK that goes "WE SHOULD PUT IT TO A VOTE" >:T

In fact they're full of them.... that damn kid in Begins or that press conference in TDK where the guy goes "It's getting worse every daaaay". Ugh

There does seem to be a high concentration of overacting extras from BB to TDKR.

There are at least 3 in the press conference scene in TDK when Dent turns himself in as Batman:

The random, confused looking woman shaking her head to show that THINGS ARE PRETTY BAD IN GOTHAM.

The guy who shouts out 'Things are worse than ever!' and the annoying guy who says very OTT 'He should turn himself in!'

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 40
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 23/8/2012 2:37:05 PM   
JonathanMardukas

Any of the extras playing onlookers in Superman 2 street fight versus the trio. They all ham it up pretty good.

G: Hey, guy. They tell me you're the actor who plays Marta's brother, Tio.
Spanish actor: Como?
G: Oh, you're gonna be in a coma, all right.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 41
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 23/8/2012 4:11:17 PM   
garvielloken

Van Damme in one of the greatest performances as an extra.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to JonathanMardukas)
Post #: 42
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 23/8/2012 5:25:31 PM   
AxlReznor

In American Pie, when Jim's walking into school after his accidental webcast and every makes references to his dual-ejaculations, there's one extra who just jumps into the camera and starts dancing for no reason whatsoever, The director's said they were glad that happened, because without it it would have been a boring shot, granted... but it makes no sense.

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 43
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 23/8/2012 8:00:43 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Haha its full of them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaDqmEJ6Nks

Batmaaan! Naaaa!

That. Is. Genius!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 44
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 23/8/2012 8:15:41 PM   
DancingClown

Those extras fucking around during the opening battle in Gladiator have always pissed me off. Why did no-one notice them in the edit?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 45
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 25/8/2012 5:06:07 PM   
fuzzy

The drunk guys in Moore era Bond films who always check their bottle after witnessing a Bond stunt. Can't find any pics or clips but I think you know the scenes I'm getting at.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 46
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 25/8/2012 6:13:04 PM   
thedrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

The drunk guys in Moore era Bond films who always check their bottle after witnessing a Bond stunt. Can't find any pics or clips but I think you know the scenes I'm getting at.

Batman Begins does that as well (parking lot attendant during car chase).

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 47
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 25/8/2012 10:54:15 PM   
rich

Yes it's a well worn cliche, sometimes more out of place than others

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoMoreForMe

Meanwhile...

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 48
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 26/8/2012 12:24:14 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

It was the same guy doing the double-take in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker, which hee-lariously had a pigeon doing one too. You don't get that kind of quality in Bond movies these days.

(Did you know if they cut out all that embarrassing slapstick crap out of Moonraker you'd actually be left with quite a good Bond movie? Michel Lonsdale was a great villain and the scene where he sets his dogs on one of Bond's conquests is one of the classic moments of the entire series.)

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 49
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 26/8/2012 1:38:09 AM   
Hood_Man

It doesn't really count as he's not really an extra, but this one irritates me so much I have to mention it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nZeOTHHHBA8#t=54s

The delivery is like nails on a chalkboard

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 50
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 26/8/2012 11:51:58 PM   
Hood_Man

Just remembered one from Titanic. When the boats are being lowered and one of them is going down lopsided, and one of the female extras closest to the camera starts screaming. She's so annoying!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 51
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 27/8/2012 9:44:11 AM   
thedrin

quote:

Yes it's a well worn cliche, sometimes more out of place than others

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoMoreForMe

quote:

Examples:

Real Life

- Some of the spectacular visual effects from Inception were created in Real Life, rather than relying in CGI. Before filming started one day, a bum walked onto the blocked-off street being used as a set, and asked one of the producers if there was really a freight train in the middle of the street. When the producer answered in the affirmative, the bum decided that maybe he was drinking too much.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 52
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 16/2/2014 1:26:42 PM   
Hood_Man

Bump.

I saw The Monuments Men on Friday, and early on in the film there's a scene where terrified townspeople are frantically trying to cover the wall in the Santa Maria delle Grazie church in Milan (that featured the mural of The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci), with sandbags in order to protect it from an allied bombing raid.

One of the extra's in that scene is dressed as a Nun, and she was doing of the most noticeably over the top "COMEONCOMEONCOMEON" arm waving actions I think I've ever seen

She's one of the focal points in the shot too, so you really can't miss her.

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 53
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 16/2/2014 4:49:33 PM   
rich

In Dr No there's a bit where Bond and the others sit in a bar - it's the scene with the photographer - and there's this one guy dancing, anyone else know who I mean?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 54
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 18/2/2014 3:45:25 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

quote:

Is that the lad who grew up to become Joffrey Baratheon? Batman should've left him to get torn apart by the scared Arkham inmates.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 55
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 18/2/2014 5:41:29 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Haha its full of them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaDqmEJ6Nks

Batmaaan! Naaaa!

Haha I still love this. Naaaaaa!

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 56
RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... - 18/2/2014 7:55:28 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

It was the same guy doing the double-take in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker, which hee-lariously had a pigeon doing one too. You don't get that kind of quality in Bond movies these days.

(Did you know if they cut out all that embarrassing slapstick crap out of Moonraker you'd actually be left with quite a good Bond movie? Michel Lonsdale was a great villain and the scene where he sets his dogs on one of Bond's conquests is one of the classic moments of the entire series.)

Think he turns up during the ski chase in For Your Eyes Only as well.He doesnt have a whiskey bottle in his hand that time though!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI