Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Favourite SNAFUS!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Favourite SNAFUS! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:56:39 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Night at the Museum is almost certainly factually incorrect. I went to that Museum in New York and not once did the T Rex move. Not once.

Now that's more like it!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 31
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 12:16:43 PM   
grucl

Wasn't there something about the wrong guns being used in Saving Private Ryan?

I somehow love the thought that THAT ruined the film for some hardcore gunlovers...

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 32
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 12:25:20 PM   
chris kilby

Was there not a doc on The Rock DVD with a gun expert pointing out that that annoying firing-an-automatic-while-holding-it-sideways John Woo cliche in the 90s was a load of Hollywood/HK bullshit? And the only way Steven Seagal could possibly fire two Uzis simultaneously in Under Siege was if he was firing blanks?

(** snigger ** )

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 33
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 2:19:24 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

The irony in being negative about a thread which is being negative about something else is always highly amusing.

But then again I suppose it can be a bit tiresome when all you're getting these days are negative threads.

Especially when you're required to pretty much read almost every post and thread.

To be fair, no one is forced to be a mod.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 34
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 5:04:37 PM   
Biggus

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

The irony in being negative about a thread which is being negative about something else is always highly amusing.

But then again I suppose it can be a bit tiresome when all you're getting these days are negative threads.

Especially when you're required to pretty much read almost every post and thread.

To be fair, no one is forced to be a mod.

The Who were. Something about 'capturing the zeitgeist'.

< Message edited by Biggus -- 21/8/2012 5:05:16 PM >

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 35
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 6:58:42 PM   
Rhubarb

What was sad was when the who became rockers after being mods. I forget how this is relevant.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 36
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 7:37:22 PM   
Deviation

What is the point of this thread? I mean really, why does it need to exist? Couldn't you at least start one in Lists as a jokey way to present a list? It just feels like more extensions from what already was in The Dark Knight.

Plus, there was no mention of Anna and the King, Braveheart or The last Legion and those were pretty egregious.

Also...

quote:

JURASSIC PARK
Velociraptors had feathers.

Is this fair? Did't that discovery only come till a few years ago? For the knowledge of the time it was made they were probably being correct. It's a A Night to Remember scenario.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 37
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 1:32:57 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

What is the point of this thread?

What is the point of any of them? What, indeed, is the point? If you want to get all existentialist about it, we're all just frustrated meatsacks marking time till we end up at Resyk. We're all wasting our lives by living them vicariously online - those who can, do; those who can't, blog. * sob *

(People really shouldn't ask questions they might not like the answer to. If I wasn't amusing myself with harmless distractions like this I'd be gazing into the abyss. As usual. IT'S JUST. A BIT. OF FUN! If you don't like it, well, there's the door. Jaysus. )

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 22/8/2012 1:37:23 AM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 38
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 1:40:06 AM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

What is the point of any of them? What, indeed, is the point? If you want to get all existentialist about it, we're all just frustrated meatsacks marking time till we end up at Resyk. We're all wasting our lives by living them vicariously online - those who can, do; those who can't, blog. * sob *

(People really shouldn't ask questions they might not like the answer to. If I wasn't amusing myself with harmless distractions like this I'd be gazing into the abyss. As usual. IT'S JUST. A BIT. OF FUN! If you don't like it, well, there's the door. Jaysus. )

There's a door? On the internet? Can things come out as well as go in? Officially slightly scared.

Post #: 39
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 1:41:36 AM   
MB2

There's a storm coming here.

I'm gonna pull an Alfred and hide until it's all over.

Roxy: That's who we should kill next.
Frank: A fictitious character?
Roxy: No. Diablo Cody. Fuck her for writing that movie, she's the only stripper who suffers from too much self esteem.

Post #: 40
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 2:46:40 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

It's annoying because it really feels like just an extension of what was on your previous thread, which was an extension on another previous thread. It's annoying and it's not fun.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 22/8/2012 2:48:11 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 41
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 6:38:55 AM   
Biggus

quote:

ORIGINAL: MB2

There's a storm coming here.

I'm gonna pull an Alfred and hide until it's all over.

Perv!

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to MB2)
Post #: 42
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 9:46:58 AM   
SwozTheRevenge

Blegh, I created a new account for NOTHING. Byeee!

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 43
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 11:18:33 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's annoying because it really feels like just an extension of what was on your previous thread, which was an extension on another previous thread. It's annoying and it's not fun.

Surely if the mods are cool with it then thats that?

The continued harassment of Chris Kilby by, dare I say it, the regular clique makes for unpleasant viewing, and is far more annoying than any trivial threads the guy is putting up.

And like I've said before, I'm not a fan of Chris Kilby by any stretch of the imagination, but when the author of a thread entitled "Will Rgirvan44 ever write his massive Prometheus review?" (which is essentially just an extension of a previous thread) is the one calling the shots then I can't help but think the whole thing stinks quite a bit.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 44
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 11:23:41 AM   
Prophet_of_Doom

I do think people need to learn to use the block button a lot more, because there does seem to be a lot of unneccessary conflict on here these days (not aimed at you adam, just a general comment aimed at the thread!) I've recently learned the pleasures of block and just wish I could use it in every day life so that the people who annoy me just vanished from thin air. That said, I do seem to find myself coming into threads and having long conversations with myself as a result

Post #: 45
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 11:27:05 AM   
elab49

I think the clique crap pretty much means abandon thread. This is not a discussion of posting etiquette and one upmanships.

As it was helpfully pointed out above, there is an existing thread. Chris, could I ask you to take your original list across to that thread and hopefully the relevant discussion will happen there? Thank you

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1894321&mpage=2&key=movie%2Cmistakes

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 46
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 12:03:14 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

I think the clique crap pretty much means abandon thread.

I don't get this whole clique-denial nonsense. Are you seriously suggesting that cliques on the forums don't exist? And that's not to say they're bad things either, it's only natural for groups to form in any social setting, be it down the pub or on an internet forum.

< Message edited by adambatman82 -- 22/8/2012 12:06:33 PM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 47
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 22/8/2012 12:12:20 PM   
elab49

The 'clique crap' is generally used on Board, not limited to this one but regularly used here certainly, as a dismissive term when the poster really means regular posters generally. It has been repeatedly used on this Board as an attack and is generally the indication that a thread is jumping the shark to basic snark. Tbh we'd expect regular posters to be aware of this context and perhaps use less provocative terminology.

Which is still OFF TOPIC in this thread. This isn't the place for a general discussion of posting etiquette. And it was my fault, I accept, for not locking this as a duplicate thread after my post. I apologise for that.

If it can be de-personalised I'd suggest taking it to off-topic but I think search will show there is an existing discussing of the term 'clique' there - so this isn't closing any attempt at reasonable discussion, simply moving it to the correct place. I'm sure we'd all agree a discussion of film inaccuracy is not that place.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 22/8/2012 12:13:58 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Favourite SNAFUS! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI