Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Favourite SNAFUS!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Favourite SNAFUS! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Favourite SNAFUS! - 20/8/2012 8:12:53 PM   
chris kilby

This is the thread for all your favourite continuity errors, scientific blunders, historical inaccuracies and other gaffes in the movies. Just a bit of harmless fun, mind. So... nitpick away!

ONE MILLION YEARS BC
Dinosaurs and humans...?

JURASSIC PARK
Velociraptors had feathers.

GLADIATOR
How are the gladiators able to communicate with each other? After the Third Servile War (aka: Spartacus!) The Romans did indeed keep slaves of different nationalities penned up together precisely because they couldn't talk to each other and thus plot another uprising. Wonderful race, the Romans. Terrific.

ZULU
I love Zulu, me. It's one of me favourites, one of The Greatest British Movies Ever Made! and long overdue a revisionist re-make, if you ask me. But it does rather omit one crucial historical detail which maybe makes "Our Boyos" look just the teensiest bit less heroic fighting against men with spears - they used machine guns!

STAR WARS
Sound and aerodynamics in the vacuum of space. Although, to be fair, Lucas has always known this and Star Wars is very deliberately a fantasy, a fairytale. But still...

CAPTAIN AMERICA
Oh, I know. It's super-hero movie, but bear with me. A female British major? Giving orders to Americans? During WWII? OK. Um... a multi-national, multi-ethnic American unit? During WWII? And wouldn't that Japanese-American guy've been in an internment camp back in the US or something at the time...?

ARMAGEDDON
Christ! Where do you start...?
Post #: 1
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 12:54:33 AM   
homersimpson_esq

YAY LET'S PICK LOADS OF HOLES IN ALL OUR FAVOURITE FILMS UNTIL WE HATE THEM ALL

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 2
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 1:41:28 AM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

Yeaaaah you never make jokes about films you like when you watch them.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 3
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 2:09:43 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

Well pardon me all over the place.

Um... I think you just might be missing the point somewhat. Do the words "just a harmless bit of fun" ring any bells? No? Are you alright? I dunno, you seem a bit... on edge this evening. Maybe you need a wee lie down or something. Or are you always this angry? I thought mods were supposed to be more even-tempered. And, you know, even-handed. Cos you do strike me as quite an aggressive and confrontational sort of a chap. "Humour Pending"? You can say that again.

(I LOVE films, BTW. If you actually bothered to read my reviews you would know that. I kinda assumed being a dedicated film website that everyone would feel the same way. Ho-hum...)

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 21/8/2012 2:21:42 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 6:46:54 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

Um... I think you just might be missing the point somewhat. Do the words "just a harmless bit of fun" ring any bells? No? Are you alright? I dunno, you seem a bit... on edge this evening. Maybe you need a wee lie down or something. Or are you always this angry? I thought mods were supposed to be more even-tempered. And, you know, even-handed. Cos you do strike me as quite an aggressive and confrontational sort of a chap. "Humour Pending"? You can say that again.

(I LOVE films, BTW. If you actually bothered to read my reviews you would know that. I kinda assumed being a dedicated film website that everyone would feel the same way. Ho-hum...)

You remember that bit where I said you lack self-awareness? I'm not finding anything to show I'm wrong there, yet.

You accuse me of being quite "an aggressive and confrontational chap" (loving the condescension, good work) while also being just that in almost everything you write. People aren't allowed to disagree with you because, hey, it's just a bit of fun, right? No harm no foul. GEEZ MAN TAKE A JOKE, etc. GOD STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST AN INTERNET FORUM, GODUH. And so forth. You use it as an instant rebuttal to EVERYTHING people say against you. And, to be honest, it's tiresome.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 5
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 6:59:40 AM   
tommyjarvis

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

The irony in being negative about a thread which is being negative about something else is always highly amusing.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

Post #: 6
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 7:00:15 AM   
Biggus

I think U571 is one of the most famous/infamous as it was the British and not the Americans who recovered the Enigma machine.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

Post #: 7
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 7:43:59 AM   
UTB

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 8
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 7:54:32 AM   
jonson

quote:

quote:

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

You remember that bit where I said you lack self-awareness? I'm not finding anything to show I'm wrong there, yet.

You accuse me of being quite "an aggressive and confrontational chap" (loving the condescension, good work) while also being just that in almost everything you write. People aren't allowed to disagree with you because, hey, it's just a bit of fun, right? No harm no foul. GEEZ MAN TAKE A JOKE, etc. GOD STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST AN INTERNET FORUM, GODUH. And so forth. You use it as an instant rebuttal to EVERYTHING people say against you. And, to be honest, it's tiresome.

To be fair, YOU'RE tiresome. It had grounds to be an interesting thread, until you came in on the second post to basically just spam away.
If you don't like the thread, fuck off out of it. They dont have to all meet your approval you know.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 9
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 8:11:00 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

quote:

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

To be fair, YOU'RE tiresome. It had grounds to be an interesting thread, until you came in on the second post to basically just spam away.
If you don't like the thread, fuck off out of it. They dont have to all meet your approval you know.

Does that go for your own posts? Because you said this to a poster in another thread a few days ago.

quote:

Oh lord, you've now infested another review thread quoting posts from about a year ago, are you for real?

Or is that Homer's not allowed to show frustration with a thread but you are?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 10
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 8:19:26 AM   
tommyjarvis

I think the fact that every time there's a thread that's negative about films, the same people come in and complain about it is what's annoying jonson. If people don't like those sorts of threads then don't clog them up with complaining and don't spoil them for those who do enjoy them.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 11
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 8:25:42 AM   
rawlinson

It doesn't make this comment

quote:

any less hypocritical when three days ago he was complaining about the direction of another thread.

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 12
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:03:18 AM   
st3veebee

Lets all just calm down a minute.

Somebody please think of the children.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 13
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:04:03 AM   
Rgirvan44

This thread is my favourite SNAFU

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 14
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:14:44 AM   
Shifty Bench

Also, a thread for this already exists- click

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 15
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:16:00 AM   
Rgirvan44

Elab is going to be so mad that you found it first.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 16
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:21:41 AM   
Shifty Bench

Does Elab like to post that? I didn't know, but I thought I'd seen it before.

I was going to post Helen Lovejoy from the Simpsons but I thought that would be too obvious

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 17
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:30:56 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

The irony in being negative about a thread which is being negative about something else is always highly amusing.

Amusing, yes. In a grim, gazing-into-the-abyss, sort of way. But it does rather run the risk of creating a total reality inversion...

Post #: 18
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:33:26 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

I think U571 is one of the most famous/infamous as it was the British and not the Americans who recovered the Enigma machine.

Yup, that's a good one. Doesn't U571 hold the record for the most egregious historical howlers in the one movie or something...?

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 19
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:33:47 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

But then again I suppose it can be a bit tiresome when all you're getting these days are negative threads.

Especially when you're required to pretty much read almost every post and thread.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 20
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:37:57 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

quote:

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

Blimey! You can practically smell the testosterone. And I thought I was pushing my luck. Uh, guys. Is it always like this round 'ere? Cos I kinda feel like Clarence Boedicker at the moment - "Ooh, guns, guns, guns...!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 21
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:40:39 AM   
MonsterCat

Shit usually doesn't get real until Thursday, sir.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 22
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:40:49 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Uh, guys. Is it always like this round 'ere?

No, not always, only on days that end with a 'y'......

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 21/8/2012 11:41:13 AM >

Post #: 23
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:46:29 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

But then again I suppose it can be a bit tiresome when all you're getting these days are negative threads.

Especially when you're required to pretty much read almost every post and thread.

Actually, apart from these clearly light-hearted threads, my stuff tends to be overwhelmingly positive. But then I get shouted down for that too. You just can't win. IT'S A MADHOUSE! A MADHOUSE!!!

(Planet of the Apes, BTW. I get moaned at when I casually chuck random film quotes into conversations as well - it was Trainspotting yesterday, ironically enough. On a dedicated film website. Presumably full of film geeks like myself. Go figure...)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:47:56 AM   
st3veebee

Night at the Museum is almost certainly factually incorrect. I went to that Museum in New York and not once did the T Rex move. Not once.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 25
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:47:58 AM   
Rgirvan44

We just aren't as smart as you Chris.

Sorry.

Post #: 26
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:50:20 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

quote:

quote:

FUCK FILMS

I HATE FILMS

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, maaaaan.

(Dang. See? There I go again. I just can't help myself.)

Post #: 27
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:51:21 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

We just aren't as smart as you Chris.

Sorry.

Never apologise. Never explain.

(I get that a lot. )

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 21/8/2012 11:52:07 AM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 28
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:51:50 AM   
Rgirvan44

Oh I got that quote!

What do I get as a reward?

Post #: 29
RE: Favourite SNAFUS! - 21/8/2012 11:54:54 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Oh I got that quote!

What do I get as a reward?

My everlasting appreciation and enduring respect. Would you like a badge as well?

(Badges? I no' need no steenkeen' badges! GAH! Help me. Please help me...)

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Favourite SNAFUS! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI