Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Team Fortress 2 (TF2).

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Team Fortress 2 (TF2). Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Team Fortress 2 (TF2). - 20/8/2012 11:21:53 AM   
st3veebee

Fast becoming the greatest game of all time in my opinion, well certainly the greatest multiplayer game, I decided it needed its own thread.

It's free to play, just thought I would get that out of the way, but you need to purchase something (weapon, hat, key...) in the "Mann Co." in game store in order to unlock a premium account and obtain in game items and unlock restrictions on your account,  but it is definitely quite playeable for 100% free.

Instead of recapping the entire game I thought I would just mention the new game mode Mann Vs Machine  which was released last week. Take a look at the picture above. That is your new enemy.

Instead of the typical player vs player team based action the new mode is co-op themed. You join a team of up to 8 players and choose your class. After visiting the upgrade shop and purchasing some nice speed/health/damage/ammo boosts for yourself you then proceed out on to the map with your buddies/random internet avatars and face the first wave of robotic enemies.

Each wave is randomly (as far as I could see) made up of robotic classes. and gets bigger and produces newer/larger enemies, one of which will be carrying a bomb all the way to the far side of the map to detonate.  Soon you are going toe-to-toe with giant mech-Soldiers that rapid fire rockets in every direction or literal tanks that require a factory load of ammunition. If your team isn't balanced,working together and with some plan in mind: you're gonna fail quickly.

The new maps are great and it is all free (though you need to buy a 0.75E ticket if you want goodies after winning) but most importantly: it is incredibly fun and addictive. Each class definitely has it's use, despite what you may think about the effectiveness of a spy/scout/sniper comapred to a demoman or engineer vs hundreds of robots. (I might do a class run down in a while but if yo uare just beginning engi is always useful.) The only issue I have encountered so far is the waiting times. TO get on to the official servers and find loot while playing and earn rare rewards you click on start game and then hope to get a waiting time below ten minutes. I've seen 1 hour+ popping up...at least it's popular.

Regardless: the greatest multiplayer game of all time just got a whole new dimension..and somehow even better. Check it out now!

*My Steam ID is st3veebee. Feel free to add me or leave your nickname here.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5
Post #: 1
RE: Team Fortress 2 (TF2). - 20/8/2012 5:58:32 PM   
kata

I tried it yesterday. Matchmaking was a bit hit and miss in a party so ended up going in solo. Was pretty much my first experience with TF2.

Reminded me of Horde mode from Gears, thinking of giving it more time.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 2
RE: Team Fortress 2 (TF2). - 21/8/2012 10:55:23 AM   
st3veebee

I have to admit, the Mann up matchmaking estimated waiting times are a joke. You wait 15+ minutes to join a game and then watch as your less than a minute wait time turns into 20 minutes.Sometimes after waiting for an hour you'll either join a high ping server and have to leave or you'll forget you joined and get kicked for inactivity. Honestly....

It's easy peasy getting into a non official/Maan Up server but not only do you not get the super rewards for completeing but they also feel far easier. Valve needs to invest in more servers.

Otherwise I am bloody loving this!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Team Fortress 2 (TF2). Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI