Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 21/8/2012 12:26:54 AM   
TweedBriefs

Have to echo other posts. Woke this morning to hear this dreadful news. Even as just a random voice over the internet, I can't help but feel real sadness for Tony and his family. For me personally it was his film True Romance that leaves a lasting impression, I absolutely love that film, and for what its worth I am gonna watch it now with a glass of whisky and quietly salute one accomplished fellow Brit.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
- 21/8/2012 12:28:54 AM   
TweedBriefs

Have to echo other posts. Woke this morning to hear this dreadful news. Even as just a random voice over the internet, I can't help but feel real sadness for Tony and his family. For me personally it was his film True Romance that leaves a lasting impression, I absolutely love that film, and for what its worth I am gonna watch it now with a glass of whisky and quietly salute one accomplished fellow Brit.

Post #: 62
- 21/8/2012 12:29:30 AM   
TweedBriefs

Post #: 63
- 21/8/2012 12:26:53 PM   
Eomer_King

Many obituaries are casting Scott as some sort of expensive hack, churning out mindless, yet entertaining, blockbusters for the mass market; a crass equivalent of his refined sibling. Such a characterisation is wide of the mark. The likes of Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State and Unstoppable are tense, expertly crafted and thrilling action films which positively shit on the kind of rubbish produced in that genre every year.

With Man on Fire however Scott unleashed a hugely accomplished, relentless vengeance flick chock full of the kind of artistic flourish and visceral edge that may well have made his brother weep with envy. A truly great film in an otherwise mainstream stable.

Post #: 64
A great filmaker - 21/8/2012 2:20:03 PM   
whakawarewar

It's rare that I would want to comment online but I have felt so sad about the news that Tony Scott is no longer with us. He helmed so many fine Hollywood movies that he managed to elevate the whole genre. I share a love of many the films noted in the comments here. The circumstances that surround his end strike me as truely tragic. I hope his films are treasured for many years to come.

Post #: 65
A TRUE LEGEND - 22/8/2012 10:38:56 PM   
matthewjb

I have never bothered to comment on anything before on the internet, but hearing this news is so tragic. Tony Scott is my favourite director of all time, he has made some absolute classics, just so sad that there won't be any more. RIP.

Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI