Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 19/8/2012 7:30:22 PM   
Cool Breeze

Screw The Avengers, the REAL titanic (re)team up this year is the return of THE EXPENDABLES! I liked the first movie a lot but it did have its flaws.Some of the fight scenes were badly shot and edited and Arnie and Bruce only had short a short cameo scene.Im pleased to report that EX2 is a major improvement on the first in every way.Simon West replaces Stallone in the directors chair and the film is a joy from its explosive start to the airport wrecking finish! Arnie and Bruce have much bigger roles to play and get in on the action with Sly this time and as you can expect the results are insane! As a child of the eighties i think iv been waiting my whole movie watching life for this scene..

Fucking classic!

Jason Statham and the rest of the gang are all on fine form here too.Statham and Sly in particular had a great buddy chemistry on screen in EX1 and it is just as good in this movie.JCVD is the villain ( named er.. Vilain! ) and on this evidence should play baddies more often.His swift despatch of a major character with a knife and his trademark high kick is a particular highlight!

Chuck Norris ran into some fan backash earlier this year for his involvement in the movie but im pleased to say his appearance in this film is most welcome and the cobra joke had me in stitches!

'' After five days of agonising pain, the cobra died ''

The final shootout at the airport with seemingly EVERYONE from the greatest action movies ever made involved is a dream come true for action movie lovers everywhere.Arnie and Bruce driving through Van Dammes army in a tiny CV blowing everything away being amongst my favourite scenes.

'' My shoe is bigger than this car ! ''

Overall a fantastic action movie and the most enjoyable film of the summer for me anyway.

BRING ON EX3!

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 19/8/2012 7:35:30 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''
Post #: 1
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 19/8/2012 11:14:19 PM   
Hood_Man

My favourite part was Arnie ripping the door off the car. I was in tears when that happened, and I sorely wish the rest of the film had been so fabulously tongue in cheek.

I also hope they can somehow bring back Steve Austin and Van Damme for the third film, in the same roles (henchman and villain). I don't care what crazy way they do it, maybe Van Dame can walk in with his shirt open and a long scar down his chest, reveal to the Expendables that he's had a bionic heart and body organs implanted, and slyly wink at Jason Statham as he does so
And Austin can just be covered in scar makeup.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 19/8/2012 11:25:12 PM   
Timon

Well, I thought it was missing two things.

1. Swearing. Where were the F-bombs?

2. Where the Novak Djokovic cameo?!!?!? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_HP47sK5wo

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 3
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 19/8/2012 11:29:42 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Well, I thought it was missing two things.

1. Swearing. Where were the F-bombs?

Maybe there were some fucks in there but Chuck Norris nixed them?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 20/8/2012 1:06:32 AM   
Cool Breeze

Hopefully the F bombs will be in there on what will hopefully be a harder uncut version on DVD/Blu ray.

Wasn't the first 15 mins just insanely good? It was even bigger and better than the first films climax!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 20/8/2012 4:16:45 PM   
Biggus

Just got back from seeing this thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the X-ray machine!.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

Post #: 6
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 20/8/2012 4:27:39 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

I completely forgot about that one, that was awesome

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 7
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 20/8/2012 6:44:07 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

This was OK. I actually thought the first one was better. Some cool scenes though!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 8
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 20/8/2012 6:57:25 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

This was OK. I actually thought the first one was better. Some cool scenes though!

Well i'm with you,as much as i enjoyed seeing Van Damme and Chuck,it still fell short of the first,though i'll still buy the Blu-Ray and recommend it to any fan of the great 80's action films.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 9
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 20/8/2012 7:08:20 PM   
Rgirvan44

It is a fine way to while away two hours but it comes up short against the true classics of the genre.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 10
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 20/8/2012 7:51:25 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

That was great wasnt it? Chuck provided the best laughs in the film with very little screen time.Though Arnie ripping off the car door had me in stitches as well!

Speaking of which, this scene will NEVER get old..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmnP1vEHGsY&feature=colike

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 20/8/2012 7:59:01 PM >

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 11
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 21/8/2012 12:55:56 PM   
Dr Lenera

Ay, thoroughly enjoyed it. Might as well re-post this here:

The Expendables, who comprise Barney Ross, Lee Christmas, Yin Yang, Hale Ceaser, Toll Road, Gunner Jensen and Billy the Kid, the group’s youngest and newest member, are deployed to rescue a Chinese businessman. They carry out their task, though Yin departs from the group. Ross accepts a mission from Mr. Church to retrieve an item from a safe from an airplane that was shot down in Albania. The team, accompanied by tech genius Maggie, retrieve the item from the airplane; their victory is short-lived, when one of their number is captured and executed by Jean Vilain, who intends to retrieve the item. The Expendables swear revenge; Maggie reveals the item on the plane was a computer, containing a blueprint to an abandoned mine which contains plutonium…..

The Expendables was a hoot, a real fun, action romp, though it didn’t quite reach the heights it should have done. Maybe it was because it was a little bit too serious for the concept [get as many old action guys together as you can]. Maybe because star Sylvester Stallone’s direction went for the tiresome ‘fast cutting, shakycam” style that has infected modern action cinema like a virus [blame Paul Greengrass mostly for this, though he usually did it well] and therefore didn’t make the film feel very much like an 80’s throwback very much at all, a supposed throwback to the days when action heroes were “proper” men, not the more sensitive, non-muscular type you mostly get now, a throwback to those great days where [if you are of a certain age], it wasn’t just the likes of Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger who were blowing up the box office and who you loved, but folk like Chuck Norris and Michael Dudikoff [remember him?], whose product would adorn the shelves of video stores. Maybe….well, it’s hard to totally pinpoint the reason, but the fact that such a film, which ‘trendy’ critics just laughed at, did good box office, was still to me a cause for celebration [I’m trying not to mention two certain words, the first rhyming with “got”, the second ending with “rim”, here] and the general idea was roll on the second movie, it’ll deliver totally.

Well, The Expendables 2 is a slightly better film. It’s not substantially better, but, to be honest, how good could it really be? In some ways it’s more of the same, and in some ways it isn’t. It has a more jokey tone; you certainly can’t accuse this one of being too serious. There is perhaps slightly less action, though certainly not as much less as some say. Far more than film number one, this is a tribute to the 80’s action film, albeit one that feels like far more like one of the many action films to come from the Cannon Group [if you were a devotee of action movies in the 80’s you’ll need no further elaboration!], especially when they were under the auspices of Menaham Golan and Yoram Globus, then the bigger budgeted Hollywood kind. I totally had a ball with The Expendables 2, which knows it’s ridiculous and ‘goes with it’. If you expect a truly ‘great’ action movie you will probably be disappointed; I’m not sure you could make a classic of the genre using the basic concept that these movies have . Of course the majority of critics have already poured scorn on it, but they have rarely liked the purely ‘fun’ genres like action and horror have they?

Instead of Stallone, we have Simon West as director here, and though he’s hardly a household name, he did direct one of the defining action movies of the 90’s, the totally awesome Con Air. Therefore you would expect The Expendables 2 to be in very firm hands, though West, obviously restricted by the script, doesn’t match the earlier film. Still, right from the offset, he shows up the poor filming of many of the first film’s action with stuff that you can actually see. The cutting is fast, in the manner of Michael Bay, but precise; you can tell what is happening, and there’s no epileptic shaking the camera around! This early part of the film is joyously over the top and absurd with its sustained action, replete with the best bike/helicopter gag since Tomorrow Never Dies and the giving us of the knowledge that, whilst abseiling, it is still possible to still hit one’s target when using an automatic weapon with the hand that is free. We even get to see Jet Li in some decent Hong Kong-style fighting, even if it’s a little short.

After twenty-odd minutes of explosive mayhem the film slows down and stays that way for a period of time which seems to have disappointed some, but I enjoyed spending time with these guys and I actually wished that some of their scenes, such as one in which they discuss what their last meal would be, were longer. The plot is basic in the extreme and borrows from some unexpected sources like Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom [or maybe not unexpected; it’s a great 80’s action movie , isn’t it?], and it’s patently obvious that elements of the script were changed a great deal. For example, Jet Li was contracted to appear in this sequel, but, not being too fond of the first film, asked to be written out. Therefore he disappears a quarter of the way through but is somewhat replaced by a female character called Maggie, who fulfils the “token Asian” role and seems to be on the verge of adding some pointless romantic relief [of course the guy is twice her age] but it isn’t developed. Not that I’m complaining about the inclusion of the lovely Nan Yu though!

There’s much wondering about and emphasis on bursts of action which contain crowd-pleasing laughs, rather than sustained excitement, but when you have Chuck Norris [who certainly doesn’t seem 72] turn up to randomly blast away some villains and tell a Chuck Norris joke [you know the ones], it’s hard to complain. The action returns with a vengeance around two thirds of the way through, and you’ll be pleased to know Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis take part this time. The sight of those two and Stallone, standing together, blasting away at hundred of baddies, almost made me want to hit the roof in joy. There’s actually far more blood on display in this film, with good old-fashioned squibs jarring somewhat with the fake-looking CG blood, and we get to see lots of heads and whole bodies being blown apart , but no swearing….Norris’s influence, I guess, and actually I didn’t miss it. There’s less brawling but Jason Statham has one of the coolest fights he’s ever had in a church, and he and Stallone have fine duels in the final reels. I doubt the fact that Stallone battles Jean-Claude Van Damme counts as a spoiler, but it’s a fantastic fight, brutal yet somewhat graceful, a balletic display of movement which combines the best of both the Eastern and the Western styles of fight choreography, and if you’ve ever wondered what the plane fight from Raiders Of The Lost Ark would be like if Spielberg hadn’t cut away at a certain moment, you will be partially satisfied in this movie.

There is a wonderful sense of fun in this film, as if everyone is just enjoying themselves. The action legends gleefully mock themselves throughout, with well known one-liners bandied about, though the bit I laughed at most was when Arnie opens a car door…and pulls the whole door off in one. Visually Expendables 2 feels somewhat restricted by the blue and grey pallet that West and his cinematographer seem to have decided upon for the film, and some may miss the intensity that the first film had. Not all the acting comes off, and Van Damme appears to have some very excessive make-up. I’ll admit that, on a certain level, this picture is nonsense, but as probably an example of the main target audience, I also loved it. It finishes with comments about the stars belonging in a museum, which some may say is true, but I’d certainly like to see the exhibits come back to life again., with….Cage, Eastwood…the possibilities are endless. Hell yeah!

Rating: 8/10

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 23/8/2012 5:32:56 PM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

Post #: 12
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 22/8/2012 9:41:10 AM   
thedrin

It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be, but I was very bored for most of it.

I really enjoyed The Expendables. It was my favourite film of that summer, better than Toy Story 3 and Inception. This time I was dreading Schwarzenegger and Willis getting more screen time because their scene in the last film was excruciatingly dreadful. Fortunately, they weren't given as much nonsense to say here as they were last time. The biggest negative related to them was their constant catch phrasing.

Chuck Norris didn't work very well for me. I've heard him deliver Chuck Norris jokes before and he just can't do it very well.

Did anyone else get the feeling that a lot of stuff was edited out when the good guys entered the mine?

Stuff I liked:
Nepalese intro. All of it.
The chemistry between the established members of the Expendables. In the first film it was just Stallone and Statham that had great rapport but Lundgren, Crews and Couture got in on it as well this time. A shame Jet Li wasn't around for long.
The bad guy's name is Vilain.
Schwarzenegger ripping the door off the car
X-ray machine
Jason Statham's wardrobe - for much of the film I was marveling at how cool he looked with the woolen jumper, leather jacket, and flat cap.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 13
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 24/8/2012 7:38:05 PM   
Sutty

far better than the first movie and excellent all round action. I loved this movie. Absolutely LOVED IT!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 14
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 26/8/2012 1:13:28 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

far better than the first movie and excellent all round action. I loved this movie. Absolutely LOVED IT!

Glad you enjoyed it so much Sutty.It is indeed great fun and plan to watch it at the cinema again fairly soon.

Barney: '' I heard you got bit by a huge cobra ''

Lone Wolf: '' Yep.And after five days of agonising pain...the cobra died ''

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 15
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 27/8/2012 2:08:59 AM   
Sutty

I like the choice in music in these two movies too. The instrumental stuff by Bryan Tyler is fantastic and reminiscent of the stuff he did for Rambo. And I love the choice of popular music too. From The Boys Are Back In Town in the first movie to The Wanderer in the 2nd. A real nice vibe and touch to things I found. I am utterly dumbfounded that Empire only gave it two stars. What an absolute joke! If you are comparing this movie to the like of Shawshank or The Godfather then yeah, it does not compare. And no, the movie is not a classic. But it is a straight out action flick from top to bottom. And a good four star one at that. I have no doubt that Simon West, Stallone, and everyone else involved made the movie they set out to make, and proud of it they should be too. In my opinion this movie followed the "good sequel format" of being better and bigger than the first, offering more of the same as well as something knew, and looking after its initial core audience.

Empire have dropped a bollock yet again.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

Post #: 16
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 28/8/2012 1:10:35 PM   
jcthefirst

Miles better than the first, and has a sense of humour about it this time, which helps tremendously although at times its used to detrimental effect (The Arnie/Willis yippe ki-ay bit for instance - 'we get it, you were in Terminator/Die Hard'). Although I must admit the airport finale was a lot of fun.

A solid three stars from me. Big dumb fun.

(Hemsworth's charatcer should have been called Adrian though )

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 17
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 29/8/2012 4:21:55 PM   
vad3r

Who should be in the 3rd one? My cast:

Sly
Arnie
Willis
Dolph
Statham
Crews
Cotoure
Van Damme
Chuck
Cage
Clint
Chan
Ford
Snipes

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 18
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 29/8/2012 8:30:23 PM   
Sutty

Harrison Ford? I don't see that. How about Steven Segal? Michael Dudikoff? Cynthia Rothrock? Jackie Chan? Sonny Landham? Michael Madsen?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 19
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 30/8/2012 11:32:27 AM   
Void Indigo

I really enjoyed this one - hope to see it once more at the cinema before the blu-ray release.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 20
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 30/8/2012 12:07:18 PM   
azzman1984

I loved Expendables 2, so much fun from start to finish

(in reply to Void Indigo)
Post #: 21
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 14/9/2012 10:55:58 PM   
azzman1984

The Expendables 2 has now grossed $235,659,979 and counting.

i hope it makes $300 million mark so it would warrent a third film and if it does then it needs one man to boost the franchise and take it to the next level and that person is Dwayne Johnson

< Message edited by azzman1984 -- 14/9/2012 11:00:55 PM >

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 22
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 12/10/2012 9:37:31 PM   
azzman1984

quote:

FROM LA TIMES
China's battle of the superheroes ended up being won by ... a group of aging action stars.In a surprising outcome, "The Expendables 2" has outgrossed both "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man" in China.

The ensemble action movie starring Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jet Li has grossed $54 million in China as of Sunday, according to research firm Artisan Gateway. "The Expendables 2" opened in the world's most populous nation Sept. 4.

"It's phenomenal what's happening in China with this movie," said Avi Lerner, whose Millennium Films made "The Expendables 2."

Millennium hoped to make the sequel with a Chinese partner, but the co-production deal fell apart at the last minute, Lerner said. The co-production rules treat such films as local productions, not foreign films. Such an arrangement would have given Millennium an even greater share of the film's Chinese revenues.

"The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man," which Chinese authorities scheduled to open in a controversial head-to-head matchup one week earlier in China, have grossed $52.5 million and $48.5 million there, respectively.

China Film Group's decision to open the Spider-Man and Batman films on the same date was a move by the state-owned firm to limit the box office receipts of U.S. imports, which have far outpaced local productions in the first half of the year. Those were among the most popular pictures of the year in the U.S. and Canada. Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight Rises" has grossed $445 million domestically, while Sony Pictures' "The Amazing Spider-Man" has collected $262 million.

"The Expendables 2" has grossed a much more modest $84 million domestically. In China, it's the eighth-highest grossing film of the year, while "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man" are No. 9 and No. 10, respectively. "Titanic 3-D" remains No. 1 with $146 million.

Artisan Gateway President Rance Pow said ticket sales for the two superhero films were limited because they opened against each other. Twentieth-Century Fox's science-fiction picture "Prometheus" opened a week later, on Sept. 2.

By contrast, no other big-budget American import opened against "The Expendables 2" on Sept. 4, and none have opened since. No others are scheduled until "The Bourne Legacy" on Oct. 25, as China appears to again be in the midst of an unofficial "blackout period," during which no American films are being imported.

Raymond Zhou, a film critic for China Daily and other publications, attributed the success of "The Expendables 2" to the popularity of ensemble casts, which are common in Chinese productions -- the ensemble includes Hong Kong action star Jet Li and Chinese actress Yu Nan -- and local audiences' enthusiasm for stars who are considered more over the hill in the United States.

“This is a perfect movie for Chinese audiences," he said. "Just like over-the-hill singers can find a market in Vegas, over-the-hill movie stars can find a market in China."

The original "Expendables" was a surprise success in China, grossing $32 million. However, producer Millennium was not able to secure one of the country's coveted quota slots for imported movies, which allow producers to share in box office revenue, but generally no more than 24% of a film's gross ticket sales. Instead, Millennium sold the first "Expendables" film outright to a local distributor for about $600,000.

This time, Lerner said, Millennium should take home about $10 million from China for "The Expendables 2," and he hopes the returns will be even better for a third "Expendables" film, which is now in the works.

"You have to remember," Lerner said, "once China likes something, they keep going."

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 23
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 22/10/2012 1:17:05 AM   
azzman1984

The Expendables 2 has grossed $300 million worldwide
Post #: 24
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 22/10/2012 6:07:55 PM   
Sutty

I'm sure pound for pound it has done as well as The Dark Knight Rises in terms of spending and recouping. I think if there was less snobbism against The Expendables movies and people gave these movies a hance and watched them in their proper context, they would have made even more money. I say yet again that Empire are one of the most guilty of this. Far too much time pandering to Jackson, or Nolan. or Spielberg, or Lucas (though this is an old argument/gripe). Yes, they are fantastic film makers (Lucas not so much...) but then I would argue that so is Stallone. I'm just glad that stallone makes the movies that the fans want to see and does not pander to critics.
The Expendables 2 is far better than a two star movie, and far better than the rubbish review gives it credit for. TDKR was a good film (time will prove it NOT to be as great as initially lauded), but you could drive a batmobile through some of those plotholes and character motivations!

Persoanlly I know what film I'd rather watch again sooner...

Post #: 25
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 22/10/2012 7:28:15 PM   
kumar

Clunky dialogue, simple plot, bad editing, occasionally sigh inducing, self masturbatory, but this was much more entertaining than E1. A step in the right direction and good to see Arnie back (i did have my concerns). Some pretty funny moments though I think if lines were switched around they would have been much better. Very much tongue in cheek this time around. Van Damme was on form too. I liked this, one I could watch again.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 26
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 26/11/2012 7:47:06 PM   
azzman1984

I found a link to a screenshot where people can watch the extended directors cut of Expendables 2 on X-Box 360 http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/temp/expendables2.jpg

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 27
RE: THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! - 28/11/2012 10:43:00 PM   
Powka

Agree with the most, and I watched it 3 times already. Much MUCH funnier than the first one, exactly how it should be. So good to see this whole gang together. Arnie is probably THE worst actor, but it's still so interesting to watch him act. JCVD did a great job, probably the best out of the lot, I think.

+1 on Arnie ripping the door out of the SMART being the funniest moment in the film.

Well suck me sideways!

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> THE EXPENDABLES 2 - STALLONE ARSEKICKERS ASSEMBLE! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI