Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: European football

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European football - 4/10/2012 10:20:24 PM   
boaby

Fortress Anfield stromed by a crack Italian outfit.

Not even the manic dashing around by Stevie G could repel the organized and talented opposition.

Shame.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 91
RE: European football - 4/10/2012 11:14:23 PM   
horribleives

Christ, Bordeaux were shit.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 92
RE: European football - 4/10/2012 11:20:25 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Christ, Bordeaux were shit.

They lack a world-class finisher like Marouane Chamakh.

Also, feels good to be the only club in north London to beat a Greek team in European competition this week.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 93
RE: European football - 5/10/2012 1:41:36 PM   
Olaf

Lots to look forward to this weekend - El Clasico is always the big one, but there's also the Serie A double header of the Milan derby and Napoli/Udinese on Sunday as well as Le Clasique (PSG/Marseille) in the French league (along with another top of the table match between third-placed Lyon and fourth-placed Lorient). Dortmund vs. Hannover in the Bundesliga should be a good game as well, considering Hannover's performing far above expectations so far, and Stuttgart/Leverkusen is always in intriguing matchup so will be paying attention to that as well (even though neither have started particularly well this year). And of course, hoping the glorious run of Eintracht Frankfurt goes on (and for Gladbach to stop being so shit sometime in the near future - though they are playing each other this weekend, hmmm).

< Message edited by Olaf -- 5/10/2012 1:47:34 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 94
RE: European football - 6/10/2012 5:10:01 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

El Classico tomorrow night and I wonder if we'll get any more of this:Mourinho Vs Vilanova

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 95
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 6:38:13 AM   
Saltire

I have bets on the Clasico tonight, but I won't be able to watch it as I have a poker game running at the same time. If I lose my bets, I hope I can win the tourney then!!!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 96
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 10:56:42 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I was in Barcelona this week. I expected their fans to be more triumphalist, with a healthy lead in the league already. But they mostly had their feet on the ground. And one or two were a bit hesitant about this game.

I'm hoping for a Messi hat-trick.

EDIT: Have the footballing gods really scheduled AC vs Inter at the same time?

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 7/10/2012 12:53:41 PM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 97
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 1:37:46 PM   
Olaf

I fear for Barca this evening, apparently Pique's back for tonight's game but they still look unsettled at the back. Real's league form has been poor but their performances in Europe suggest that they're finding form just in case for this match. Difficult match to call.

(also - if you're bored waiting for then, there's yet another derby match on at 3pm between Spartak and CSKA Moscow. Should be a fairly entertaining game.)

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 98
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 6:30:03 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

I have bets on the Clasico tonight, but I won't be able to watch it as I have a poker game running at the same time. If I lose my bets, I hope I can win the tourney then!!!

Scrap that, out after 20 mins, so can watch it after all.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 99
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 6:37:05 PM   
Olaf

Hopefully it's actually a good game this time. Though a centre-half pairing of Mascherano and Adriano should make for a few goals at the very least.

Atletico v Malaga is probably going to be a way better match to be honest, glad they scheduled it for later. Hopefully Inter give Milan a good pasting as well.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 100
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 6:49:52 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Graham Hunter seems to reckon if Barca win tonight then they are halfway from Lifting La Liga.
Got me thinking,are the other La Liga teams that bad? or are Barca just looking unbeatable once again?

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 7/10/2012 6:51:11 PM >

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 101
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 6:55:46 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Graham Hunter seems to reckon if Barca win tonight then they are halfway from Lifting La Liga.
Got me thinking,are the other La Liga teams that bad? or are Barca just looking unbeatable once again?

I'm afraid more the former. Last season Barca were in 2nd and were 30 points in front of 3rd place. This was also the season where Malaga had investment and came 4th. There is some great football played in la Liga, but it lacks competitive bite.

To be fair they don' even need to win tonight for the season to be half over.

Good to see that crazy kick off times are still a major thing I nearly missed the first couple of minutes.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 7/10/2012 6:57:13 PM >

Post #: 102
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 6:57:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm afraid more the former. Last season Barca were in 2nd and were 30 points in front of 3rd place. This was also the season where Malaga had investment and came 4th. There is some great football played in la Liga, but it lacks competitive bite.

To be fair they don' even need to win tonight for the season to be half over.

So it looks like I'm rooting for Real Madrid just for making it slightly more competitive,...actually on second thoughts.

Post #: 103
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 7:08:36 PM   
Olaf

I disagree that the other teams are bad - put third in La Liga against third in the PL, fourth against fourth etc and I'd say most of the Spanish teams would beat their English counterparts. It just happens that the two top teams happen to be the best in the world by quite a distance. But competitiveness is obviously an issue and one that's getting worse - the TV deals in the country are an absolute mess and the main reason why everyone else is basically screwed (I recall Liverpool calling for the same thing in England but failing, thankfully).

< Message edited by Olaf -- 7/10/2012 7:09:16 PM >

Post #: 104
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 8:12:40 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I take your point. But the competitiveness dies out quite quickly in la Liga where you can watch Barca and Real being very comfortable week in week out.

Still that's quite moot for any club with Messi in is going to be pretty hard to beat

EDIT: Ronaldo responds and we are in for an interesting last 25 minutes in a game that smouldered in the first half and could catch fire now.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 7/10/2012 8:13:35 PM >

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 105
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 8:18:42 PM   
Nexus Wookie

This is fucking nuts!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 106
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 8:21:15 PM   
Professor Moriarty

If Benzema was better Real would have had this tied up at half time. Still I'll not grumble its being a good game in the second half.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 107
RE: European football - 7/10/2012 8:40:50 PM   
Professor Moriarty

All square then Ronaldo 2 v Messi 2 v Zlatan 2

Post #: 108
RE: European football - 10/10/2012 1:30:37 PM   
Skiba

There's a few Zlatan doubters out there I know but did anyone see his goals for PSG at the weekend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dve1xE6tWpI

The technique on the first is unreal

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 109
RE: European football - 10/10/2012 1:50:54 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

There's a few Zlatan doubters out there I know but did anyone see his goals for PSG at the weekend?

"Probably the second greatest footballer in the world right now" N. Bendtner

I think you've got to look at the goalie for the second one. Then again its a goalie who did this the week before...

... Oh, I can't find it. I was sure that Steve Mandanda had thrown the ball to the opposition player the week before who'd nonchalantly knocked it in the net for him.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 110
RE: European football - 10/10/2012 2:09:42 PM   
talpacino

quote:

quote:

"Probably the second greatest footballer in the world right now" N. Bendtner

I think you've got to look at the goalie for the second one. Then again its a goalie who did this the week before...

... Oh, I can't find it. I was sure that Steve Mandanda had thrown the ball to the opposition player the week before who'd nonchalantly knocked it in the net for him.

Do you think Bendtner plays fantasy football and has himself as captain every week?

That first Ibrahimovic goal is quality.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 111
RE: European football - 10/10/2012 2:17:01 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino
Do you think Bendtner plays fantasy football and has himself as captain every week?

Maybe Remember that Juve wouldn't let him have the #10 shirt as Bendtner might overshadow Del Pierro.

But is it coincidence that since going there on loan Juve are now top of Serie A??
(Answer: Quite possibly as I think he's only played for them for 10 minutes and had no effect in that game )

EDIT:

I found this quote on line. I hope its true...

Juventus have an option to buy Bendtner at the end of the loan period, and one man at la Vecchia Signora believes that its an opportunity too good to pass up. Nicklas Bendtner is the best striker in the world. Of course Juventus would like to have Nicklas Bendtner stay at the end of the season, as would any club, said Bendtner.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 10/10/2012 2:18:11 PM >

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 112
RE: European football - 10/10/2012 3:40:49 PM   
directorscut

quote:

What did he do besides those goals?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 113
RE: European football - 10/10/2012 3:59:42 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

He's one of those guys that can score great goals and also completely go missing in big matches - therefore a scorer of great goals as opposed to a truly great player

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 114
RE: European football - 11/10/2012 1:13:02 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

He's one of those guys that can score great goals and also completely go missing in big matches - therefore a scorer of great goals as opposed to a truly great player

His goalscoring record still stands well against a lot of other top strikers across the world for about seven or eight years. Imo, he has been in the top four or five strikers in the world over that time, he's a hell of a player.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 115
RE: European football - 20/10/2012 9:50:18 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Anyone watching this Deportivo Barca game? Breathless stuff.

FT 5-4 Barca. Unlucky imo for Mascherano to get sent off, but probably kept the game closer.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 20/10/2012 10:50:08 PM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 116
RE: European football - 20/10/2012 11:49:35 PM   
Saltire

quote:

FT 5-4 Barca. Unlucky imo for Mascherano to get sent off, but probably kept the game closer.

Yeah I saw it, it had everything sendings off (wrongly), own-goals, keeper howler's, freekick goals, penalties, another hat-trick for the wee maestro; all in all a great game! Even Alba's own-goal was a quality finish! Glad Barca came through it though, want to see them get the league back this season.

Post #: 117
RE: European football - 23/10/2012 2:36:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

Yeah I saw it, it had everything sendings off (wrongly), own-goals, keeper howler's, freekick goals, penalties, another hat-trick for the wee maestro; all in all a great game! Even Alba's own-goal was a quality finish! Glad Barca came through it though, want to see them get the league back this season.

So. Question for the day. Are Celtic better than Deportivo? I know this is wildly optimistic, but it just feels like a game where Celtic have so much more to gain than Barca that I'm hoping for a draw. I can't in any way shape or form see a shock win, but I really hope Celtic go for them. They are expected to lose, so they have nothing to lose and a point would be a phenomenal result.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 118
RE: European football - 23/10/2012 3:40:23 PM   
boaby

I hope rasellickbyrawaybigmanbut get ruined. Absolutely buckled. Splattered.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 119
RE: European football - 23/10/2012 7:55:12 PM   
Professor Moriarty

So.... Celtic not losing while the current champs are down and Man Utd (behind in more games than they've been ahead this season) conceded at home against mighty Braga

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 23/10/2012 8:05:00 PM >

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI