Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: European football

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 32 [33]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European football - 24/5/2014 10:26:37 PM   
matty_b

Aye, dodgy first half aside, can't disagree with Real running out as champions, even though four was flattering to them. Pleased for Bale as well, even if he didn't have the greatest of games. Simeone will surely rue starting with Costa.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 961
RE: European football - 24/5/2014 10:33:08 PM   
MOTH

Di Maria was the classiest player out there tonight, both during the game and after. No dirt or complainingor wanky goal celebrations or shirts off, just quick feet and brain and courage on the ball. Look forward to seeing him link up with messi in world cup.

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

Post #: 962
RE: European football - 24/5/2014 10:35:10 PM   
matty_b

Very pleased for Ancelotti as well - always thought he's a class act. So much better to see him lift three CLs rather than Mourinho.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 963
RE: European football - 24/5/2014 10:42:33 PM   
MOTH

Pepe really is a bollix.

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 964
RE: European football - 24/5/2014 11:00:12 PM   
superdan

I hate it when football lets you down. First QPR winning and now this. I'm not sure I want to watch any of the World Cup right now.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 965
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 7:43:19 AM   
Rinc

I was disappointed too Dan. Not just because of the victoy but because of the score and the heartbreak Atleti were suffering from. I find it very hard to like Real in any way, apart from loving Alonso of course!

Gabi was amazing last night, just a shame Atleti looked knackered.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 966
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 9:49:07 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I hate it when football lets you down. First QPR winning and now this. I'm not sure I want to watch any of the World Cup right now.

Its ok,England wont let you down.

I thought it was a decent game,though clearly the final result is hugely flattering to Real Madrid.

Di Maria was by far the best attacker on the pitch last night.It's nice to see a winger taking on people but one who doesn't succumb to falling over once he's weaved his way into the oppositions box.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 25/5/2014 3:45:50 PM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 967
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 9:56:20 AM   
Lord Varys

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Varys

I predict a 2-0 victory for Barca.And a 4-1 victory for Real next week...
Just like I said...

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 968
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 9:57:20 AM   
Lord Varys

What a bitter little man Simeone is...

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 969
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 9:58:25 AM   
Lord Varys

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Very pleased for Ancelotti as well - always thought he's a class act. So much better to see him lift three CLs rather than Mourinho.
I always believe that Sir Alex would be the one doing it...

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 970
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 10:00:15 AM   
Lord Varys

In the extra time there was only one team in the pitch. It was one of the most fair results I have ever watch. Real was by far a superior team from Atletico...

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 971
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 10:09:30 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I was disappointed too Dan. Not just because of the victoy but because of the score and the heartbreak Atleti were suffering from. I find it very hard to like Real in any way, apart from loving Alonso of course!

Gabi was amazing last night, just a shame Atleti looked knackered.

I like Ancelotti and I'm pleased that Bale has got a CL medal in his first season away from Spurs (even if he was mostly wank last night), but the sight of that preening cock Ronaldo and that detestable thug Pepe celebrating made me want to throw up. Plus it's yet another victory for money over the underdog. Boo to all that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
Its ok,England wont let you down

I'm sure To be fair I'm not expecting them to do anything, so the chances of them letting me down are slim (nil points would be a let-down but that's about it).

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 972
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 10:48:24 AM   
galvatron

Real have some deplorable players, Ramos, Ronaldo, Pepe... can't stand any of them. In 90 minutes Real created very little. Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema were anonymous for most of the game.

Don't be blinded by the scoreline, Real didn't create a lot until late into injury time. The game was probably a step too far for Atletico who looked exhausted.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 973
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 11:49:45 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Don't worry CR will be in tears by the end of the World Cup this is the weakest Portugal have been in years.

I like Carlo too, apart from that I was rooting for AR. Champions League doesn't interest me too much anyway.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 974
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 1:04:20 PM   
Lord Varys

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Real have some deplorable players, Ramos, Ronaldo, Pepe... can't stand any of them. In 90 minutes Real created very little. Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema were anonymous for most of the game.

Don't be blinded by the scoreline, Real didn't create a lot until late into injury time. The game was probably a step too far for Atletico who looked exhausted.

If you like or don't like the Real players is irrelevant. The better team has won the Champions League...

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 975
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 1:25:51 PM   
Nezzley

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

Di Maria was the classiest player out there tonight, both during the game and after. No dirt or complainingor wanky goal celebrations or shirts off, just quick feet and brain and courage on the ball. Look forward to seeing him link up with messi in world cup.

It was good to see him get some credit last night, very underrated player. Would love for him to come to Liverpool and play on the left of a diamond with Henderson on the right but imagine Real will want to keep him now.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 976
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 3:41:10 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nezzley

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

It was good to see him get some credit last night, very underrated player. Would love for him to come to Liverpool and play on the left of a diamond with Henderson on the right but imagine Real will want to keep him now.

Last summer was a great chance for some top clubs to really go in for Di Maria but this summer,after last night,no chance.
Isco,Khedira,Morata and Jesé Rodríguez could all be up for grabs though as its likely Madrid might bring in another 'Galactico'.

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 977
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 11:24:49 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Isco,Khedira,Morata and Jesé Rodríguez could all be up for grabs though as its likely Madrid might bring in another 'Galactico'.

I'd bite Real's rich hand off for those players but can't see us going for any of them.

I suppose there's a few Real players I like, plus Ancelotti. It's hard not to respect Casillas, and Di Maria, Khedira and Modric are all alright. It's just my hatred of the overall club and a couple of their players overrides that!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 978
RE: European football - 25/5/2014 11:36:15 PM   
CORLEONE

I really think Di Maria has been Real's player of the season. Never seen a player with so much energy and drive.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 979
RE: European football - 26/5/2014 6:36:01 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

Di Maria was by far the best attacker on the pitch last night.It's nice to see a winger taking on people but one who doesn't succumb to falling over once he's weaved his way into the oppositions box.

Who is this imposter? It's not the Angel Di Maria I've come to know over the years.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 980
RE: European football - 26/5/2014 12:36:50 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

Who is this imposter? It's not the Angel Di Maria I've come to know over the years.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 981
RE: European football - 20/6/2014 2:59:40 PM   
shool

So what do people think over the rumour linking Suarez with a move to Barca?

As a Barca admirer, I really hope it happens. An attacking 3 of Suarez, Messi and Neymar would be pretty great if it clicked.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/113045/barcelona-in-advanced-talks-with-liverpool-over-luis-suarez/

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 982
RE: European football - 20/6/2014 3:21:46 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I don't think anyone will be surprised if Suarez isn't in the PL next season. I just hope he doesn't act a tosser in the middle of it saying that he can't return to England because people hate him for putting England out of the WC, or some such bollox.

Barca underperformed last season so the pressure will be on to open the cheque book. Personally I think a front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Suarez has an exciting feel about it, but I'm not so sure it works in practice.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 983
RE: European football - 12/7/2014 8:13:45 PM   
Lord Varys

Just a question. We post about Champions League in this thread or we make another thread for it?

< Message edited by Lord Varys -- 12/7/2014 8:14:25 PM >

Post #: 984
RE: European football - 14/7/2014 9:10:52 AM   
shool

It usually goes in here I believe

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 985
RE: European football - 14/7/2014 9:46:14 AM   
Lord Varys

Ok then I will risk a prediction for the 2014/15 Season Champions League winner:

Arsenal

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 986
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 31 32 [33]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 32 [33]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI