Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: European football

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European football - 19/2/2014 7:24:33 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Think Pellegrini got it all wrong tonight ,tactics, selection and this was as far from vintage Barca as your going to see. Very negative, far too much respect shown to a team with a poor record in England considering what they have achieved, and a disappointing game all round.

I think that's a bit harsh. Citeh played okay considering how much possession Barcelona tend to have in matches and arguably improved after the penalty. If Clichy could cross a ball...

Like many others this season, I think this game showed just how reliant they are on Kompany at the back. Demichelis, Lescott or Nastasic really aren't the answer at all & it was inevitable this weakness would be seized upon at this level.

PSG looking quite formidable at the moment. Ibra's 2nd was a beauty!

This could be a week where the away sides all put themselves in poll position for the q finals. Milan have improved under Seedorf but I fancy Athletico to get through that tie. It'd be great to see Arsenal dump Bayern but they haven't looked like slipping up at all this season.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 901
RE: European football - 17/4/2014 10:54:10 AM   
shool

Sad to see Barcelona struggle as much as they have this season. Especially apparent in their last 3 performances.
Messi was totally absent last night and I dont know if its the team playing a different way, morale of the team in general or just down to his own personal performance.

What a goal by Bale though. Great to see him cement another reason he's a superstar.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 902
RE: European football - 17/4/2014 11:39:36 AM   
galvatron

Barca have played Messi out on the right in the last three games and have had Cesc in the middle. Only once Cesc had been taken off was Messi involved at all in the game. The Guardian said it was like having a Michelin starred restaurant and having the chef cleaning the toilets all night. Total waste.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 903
RE: European football - 17/4/2014 11:45:14 AM   
shool

And for that you have to blame the managers tactics.
As a keen follower of Barca its frustrating to see the quality in their squad just not clicking this season.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 904
RE: European football - 17/4/2014 12:41:27 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Barca have played Messi out on the right in the last three games and have had Cesc in the middle. Only once Cesc had been taken off was Messi involved at all in the game. The Guardian said it was like having a Michelin starred restaurant and having the chef cleaning the toilets all night. Total waste.

It's hard to see what Cesc does in that team. He's a brilliant player in the right team but I just don't understand what his role in that team is. Barca are much better without him. And Martino's devotion to Neymar is hard to fathom. If I was a cynical man I'd say the powers that be at Barca are demanding he plays.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 905
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI