Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: European football

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European football - 20/2/2013 9:46:19 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

AC...wait..Portsmouth 2- 0 Barcelona

Wow.

Ha hope Barca get dumped on their arses.

Yeah same here, and rightly too for having the nerve to wear those atrocious strips.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 301
RE: European football - 20/2/2013 10:05:51 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Barcelona plan A = pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass passzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Failure of plan A = activation of plan B

Barcelona plan B = give ball to Messi

Failure of plan B = Barcelona Loss

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 302
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 9:52:51 AM   
Skiba

Great performance from Milan last night...completely stifled Barca and played some really nice stuff themselves.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 303
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 10:05:15 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Yeah. I think all of us who watch Spanish football have at one point or another said that Barca could really be in trouble when they met a good team in Europe.

To be quite honest, I wasn't thinking that AC would be that team, I thought it would be one that had more sharp passing, but they played a great game and deserved their victory. Its not over though.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 304
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 10:18:49 AM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Yeah. I think all of us who watch Spanish football have at one point or another said that Barca could really be in trouble when they met a good team in Europe.

To be quite honest, I wasn't thinking that AC would be that team, I thought it would be one that had more sharp passing, but they played a great game and deserved their victory. Its not over though.

Definitely not over but it's great to see a team have a gameplan and not roll over like every team in La Liga

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 305
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 10:45:24 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Off the top of my head I cant honestly think of one major chance Barca had last night.
Milans gameplan was solid,just like Chelsea last year.

off topic:But I wish Skysports would focus on what is going on-on the pitch rather than searching out beauties in the crowd.
(I'm going to be alone on this,unsurprisingly)

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 306
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 11:32:52 AM   
MOTH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Definitely not over but it's great to see a team have a gameplan and not roll over like every team in La Liga

that's slightly unfair. Several teams in La Liga have given Barca trouble using a very similar gameplan, not just this year, but in previous years. The reason they inevitably capitulate over 90 mins is that they don't have the forward talent to take advantage (unlike Milan) and the whole thing goes to pot if you do concede.

Milan's performance last night was textbook way to play Barca - looking forward to the return leg now!

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 307
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 2:57:19 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Off the top of my head I cant honestly think of one major chance Barca had last night.

off topic:But I wish Skysports would focus on what is going on-on the pitch rather than searching out beauties in the crowd.

Milan's gameplay was much better than Chelsea's, which wasn't all that great. If you remember, Barca had about 7-8 clear cut chances over those two legs and had they been as clinical as they usually are, Chelsea's game plan wouldn't have been seen as half as smart.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 308
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 3:02:02 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

quote:

that's slightly unfair. Several teams in La Liga have given Barca trouble using a very similar gameplan, not just this year, but in previous years. The reason they inevitably capitulate over 90 mins is that they don't have the forward talent to take advantage (unlike Milan) and the whole thing goes to pot if you do concede.

Milan's performance last night was textbook way to play Barca - looking forward to the return leg now!

Fair point. Was a bit of a generalisation of the rest of the Spanish league. But there are ways to play Barca and Milan did it brilliantly last night.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 309
RE: European football - 21/2/2013 5:47:53 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Milan's gameplay was much better than Chelsea's, which wasn't all that great. If you remember, Barca had about 7-8 clear cut chances over those two legs and had they been as clinical as they usually are, Chelsea's game plan wouldn't have been seen as half as smart.

Yep,its all flooding back.Chelsea were just....lucky.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 310
RE: European football - 23/2/2013 12:40:00 AM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

Dont agree with that statement, Barca have scored I believe 114 goals or so this season so they aren't exactly rubbish in front of goal. Milan played very well indeed and executed their gameplan perfectly. On top of that, it was the poorest display from Barcelona I have seen in a long time, they were tired, had no pace about their play, kept losing posession and Xavi and Messi in particular had an off night. I also believe they were missing Vilanova's guidance from the touchline though that can't be helped just now with him undergoing chemotherapy. I can't see them playing that badly again back home, however I do think they have an almighty task to keep Milan from scoring at the other end, which I have said all season is something Barcelona didn't address last summer, when they couldn't get Javi Martinez (how good a signing would that have been for them the way he completely (along with Schweinsteiger) negated Arsenal's midfield the other night and started the attacking play for them. Instead Barca went half-hearted and got Song, who is a decent enough midfielder, but no way a defender. I think they will win at home, but concede with the score being 3 - 1, which means their elimination.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 311
RE: European football - 23/2/2013 7:56:02 AM   
MOTH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

quote:

Dont agree with that statement, Barca have scored I believe 114 goals or so this season so they aren't exactly rubbish in front of goal.

No, I meant Barca's opposition don't have the forward talent to take advantage. I agree Barca have a modicum of talent up front

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 312
RE: European football - 23/2/2013 6:02:11 PM   
Saltire

Ah lol sorry bout that, got the wrong end of the stick there!

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 313
RE: European football - 26/2/2013 9:35:01 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Madrid obliterating Barca.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 314
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 8:59:28 AM   
MOTH

A much stronger and faster Madrid tanked Barca, who again struggled to get shots on goal. Ronaldo got 2 goals and the headlines, but Di Maria was unbelievably good. Could bode badly for Man Utd fans!

Post #: 315
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 11:00:06 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Or could bode well when they turn up at Old Trafford knackered!

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 316
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 11:36:10 AM   
MOTH

Knackered? can't see it, somehow! interesting to see who is rested this weekend for La Liga El Clasico, which is oddly going to be a bit of a dead rubber ahead of the two more important CL clashes next week.

Post #: 317
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 11:42:16 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Anyone ever wish (just once) that football was like wrestling? Then you could have Ronaldo in the last seconds turning round, running at his own defense and scoring the winner, before pulling off his white Madrid shirt to show a Red Utd one, running over to Ferguson and declaring himself a Utd player again.

Just me then?

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 318
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 12:15:12 PM   
horribleives

Dunno, with all this talk of match-fixing it seems to be getting more and more like wrestling all the time.
On the subject of european teams - much as I like Borussia Dortmund, Klopp's shit-eating grin on the cover of this month's Four Four Two makes him look a right cunt.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 319
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 7:18:21 PM   
Rinc

Barca seem to have lost it in two ways. Firstly I really don't think getting so far ahead in the league has helped them. They look sluggish now because they don't have to try too much in La Liga. Secondly they're struggling to break teams down and I really do think it's down to not having Villa up there enough. I really don't understand why Villa isn't being used more and teams are more aware of the false nine and players moving from deep.

Ultmately though the absence of Vilanova can't be underestimated.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 320
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 7:32:41 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Chelsea vs Boro or Dortmund vs Bayern in the cup tonight.

Think I know where I'll be....

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 321
RE: European football - 27/2/2013 8:23:09 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Good first half. Bayern well on top, but only one goal, a cracker from Robben who could have done better on a couple of other occasions.

Post #: 322
RE: European football - 28/2/2013 4:35:08 AM   
Saltire

It was a good game apart from a 20 minute dip. Bayern thoroughly deserved the win however and should have scored more.

Post #: 323
RE: European football - 28/2/2013 4:45:00 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Barca seem to have lost it in two ways. Firstly I really don't think getting so far ahead in the league has helped them. They look sluggish now because they don't have to try too much in La Liga. Secondly they're struggling to break teams down and I really do think it's down to not having Villa up there enough. I really don't understand why Villa isn't being used more and teams are more aware of the false nine and players moving from deep.

Ultmately though the absence of Vilanova can't be underestimated.

Yes Vilanova's absence is the main reason for Barca's slip in form. He gets dvd's of all the games to analyse and is in contact with the club daily, but you cannot coach even this team remotely. If Vilanova can't make it back in the next few weeks to resharpen everything, then they can kiss goodbye to the CL also this year. Xavi in particular in the Milan game and the Clasico was completely impotent, which is not like him at all and it says something when they replace him with Thiago that his performances have not been good enough - he will know that of course.

I agree about Villa too, he is a more direct player and something that Barca need to deploy more to win them games easily from the off. Even though he has 12 for the season in limited opportunities, you are not getting the best out of him nor the team by bringing him on as sub with 30 minutes to go (in general). Tello should start more games too, he has come on a lot this season and both him and Alves (and Alba backing Tello up) can give Barca genuine width to stretch defences more and stop relying on trying to put the ball through the eye of a needle in a disciplined defence.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 324
RE: European football - 28/2/2013 10:02:02 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Anyone ever wish (just once) that football was like wrestling? Then you could have Ronaldo in the last seconds turning round, running at his own defense and scoring the winner, before pulling off his white Madrid shirt to show a Red Utd one, running over to Ferguson and declaring himself a Utd player again.

Just me then?

That'd be awesome!

Post #: 325
RE: European football - 28/2/2013 3:50:22 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

quote:

Dont agree with that statement, Barca have scored I believe 114 goals or so this season so they aren't exactly rubbish in front of goal. Milan played very well indeed and executed their gameplan perfectly. On top of that, it was the poorest display from Barcelona I have seen in a long time, they were tired, had no pace about their play, kept losing posession and Xavi and Messi in particular had an off night. I also believe they were missing Vilanova's guidance from the touchline though that can't be helped just now with him undergoing chemotherapy. I can't see them playing that badly again back home, however I do think they have an almighty task to keep Milan from scoring at the other end, which I have said all season is something Barcelona didn't address last summer, when they couldn't get Javi Martinez (how good a signing would that have been for them the way he completely (along with Schweinsteiger) negated Arsenal's midfield the other night and started the attacking play for them. Instead Barca went half-hearted and got Song, who is a decent enough midfielder, but no way a defender. I think they will win at home, but concede with the score being 3 - 1, which means their elimination.

Yes. I think the last couple of games have shown that the manger has an impact, its almost sad that Pep couldn't have sat in the seat for a few games while Vilanova is getting chemo. But I guess the world doesn't work like that.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 326
RE: European football - 2/3/2013 2:46:40 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Beer - check
Phone on silent - check
Wife packed off for the afternoon shopping - check

Okay, bring it on!

Post #: 327
RE: European football - 2/3/2013 3:19:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I think that dip in Messi form might be over

Post #: 328
RE: European football - 12/3/2013 1:00:01 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Can Milan do it tonight:Yes
Will they:Prediction,Yes.....

Post #: 329
RE: European football - 12/3/2013 7:51:44 PM   
Scott_

That was a bit good.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: European football Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI