Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

How To Ensure Avengers 2 Is Awesome

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> How To Ensure Avengers 2 Is Awesome Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How To Ensure Avengers 2 Is Awesome - 15/8/2012 9:27:10 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Will Renner runner-away-er? - 15/8/2012 9:27:10 PM   
jokerjoker2896

I loved Avengers, but the only complaint I can think of (aside from the cannon-fodder villains) was that Hawkeye did not get nearly enough screentime or development. Spending at least half his screentime as a henchman, he got some nice emotional moments with Black Widow nearer the end and hints at a story-but being a badass character isn't enuogh. i want to see Hawkeye (and Black Widow's relationship) developed as well as S.H.I.E.L.D. whilst still retaining the cool moves and dry wit (briefly shown in Thor) that I love. Do that with him without losing focus on the rest of the characters and I will be happy. (Along with everything else on this list).

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 15/8/2012 11:07:11 PM   
sifter132

Meh, I don't buy point 4. The action was about the only thing that shut Robert Downey Jr up. Yes, he's meant to be clever, smart, funny etc. but does EVERYTHING he says have to be a one-liner?

Post #: 3
RE: Here's what I think will happen... - 16/8/2012 10:53:47 AM   
TPM007

quote:

ORIGINAL: darko18

...over the course of the next few films. Don't want to know? Too bad!

In the Ant-Man film, Hank Pym creates The Vision and both agree to become Avengers.

As a result of the events of Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers gets The Falcon to join the Avengers.

The Guardians Of The Galaxy will end up with the Guardians having given Thanos a severe beating. There's no way Thanos won't be involved in GOTG; Drax the Destroyer and Moondragon are heavily tied to him. It will end with Thanos grovelling to Galactus, whom he's working with/for. He pleads to be given another chance to prove his worth and says he'll lead Galactus to a planet for consumption - Earth. Galactus accepts.

Cut to Asgard post-Thor: The Dark World. Thanos intends to snatch the Infinity Gauntlet and lays waste to Asgard in the process of looking for it. Thor decides to challenge Thanos, but just before engaging in combat decides to ask Loki for help or advice - he's grown over the last few years and is wiser and less hasty as a result. But Loki is distraught - this isn't what he and Thanos agreed upon. He spills the beans to Thor that in exchange for helping him weaken the people of Earth, Thanos would help Loki become ruler of Asgard. Loki never wanted to be ruler of Earth in the first place. Even more, Loki was coerced into agreeing to give Thanos the Infinity Gauntlet. But only once Loki ruled Asgard.

Distraught and confused, Thor see's Thanos in possession of the Infinity Gauntlet and heading towards the bifrost bridge. What if he's heading for Earth? His loyalties torn, he decides to leave Loki and his fellow Asgardians to attend to casualties and travels to Earth himself, making sure to destroy the intergalactic doorway in the process to give humanity time to prepare - Thanos will arrive soon enough.

Thor arrives on Earth, but weakened by his actions. The Vision helps him to SHIELD HQ, where Thor lets everyone know what's going on. They have to prepare for Thanos.

Good Theory, but don't forget the whole Daredevil for Fantastic Four characters deal that Marvel wanted - Galactus would be ideal for GOTG, but if that deal (Daredevil rights for use of Galactus and Silver Surfer was it?) fell through or didn't even exist, we won't be meeting Galactus just yet.

But I might like to agree massively to Empire's point 1. I really don't want too many new Avengers in number two. Ant-Man (or Vision or Falcon) would be enough. But the Guardians of the Galaxy should no way appear in the film. Their individual film should only act as the main setup to Avengers 2. I really can't see Robert Downey Jr. talking to a gun wielding Raccoon...
Post #: 4
Empire Legends - 16/8/2012 11:27:31 AM   
CambiMan

I love the little nod to The How It Should Have Ended Avengers episode with the bit about eating shwarma. It may not have been intentional but it was great fun to see.

Post #: 5
Empire Legends - 16/8/2012 11:27:32 AM   
CambiMan

I love the little nod to The How It Should Have Ended Avengers episode with the bit about eating shwarma. It may not have been intentional but it was great fun to see.

Post #: 6
RE: Empire Legends - 16/8/2012 11:56:00 AM   
britesparc

All good points, but I definitely want to see Ant-Man (and maybe Wasp) join the team. Especially if (fingers crossed) he's played by Nathan Fillion.

Also, I think Ultron will probably be a plot point in Ant-Man 2 and maybe the Big Bad of Avengers 3; I think this time round the focus will be all-galactic, all the time.

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to CambiMan)
Post #: 7
- 16/8/2012 1:43:29 PM   
starkidemma

Speaking as a fellow hiddlestoner, we do need at least some Loki, however it's said Loki is going to be sorted out in Thor 2. Nevertheless, it will be great to see Loki back in there. Plus, the action was great but like said I loved the characters of the team having their little arguments, and these arguments have become quite famous in the Avengers Fandom.

Post #: 8
How To Ensure Avengers 2 Is Awesome - 16/8/2012 2:36:23 PM   
azzman1984

i think i know a way to make Avengers 2 even more awesome, just get The Rock to appear in the film :D does not matter what role he will play because he will be awesome in it.

Post #: 9
Agree about Loki - 16/8/2012 4:51:18 PM   
ronniem

Loki was the best part of the film...a menacing antagonst.

Post #: 10
How to ensure Avengers 2 is awesome... - 16/8/2012 4:58:25 PM   
whitelighter

I just love it when an Empire writer thinks they know more about filmmaking then the filmmakers. Really makes me Laugh Out Loud!! Hey if this writer is so confident on knowing how to make Avengers 2 awesome I'm sure Marvel would be crazy not to hire you & sack Mr Whedon since you have a clear cut way to make this movie a success. Hell why are you even wasting your time writing for Empire?? How come you're not a successful writer in Hollywood? ;)

Post #: 11
- 16/8/2012 7:31:28 PM   
Miikesmama

@ whitelighter: Have you even READ this feature??? Doesn't seem like it (if you did, go back to page Nr. 5 and read CAREFULLY)

Personally, i find it ironic how a guy like Whedon, whose last show was cancelled, whose films didn't do that well in cinemas, is now the director of the third most successfull film ever! Good for him!

Post #: 12
I'd understand this feature if... - 17/8/2012 6:33:07 AM   
Gumptionbrash

it wasn't Whedon directing. Coupling character with action is his forte, no? You'd have to be completely ignorant off Whedon's resume in order to believe he'd fluff this part of the movie up. Same goes for the quantity of the characters, but I'd like to see another female added to the mix. The only thing I don't see is Loki being a big part of the movie - and as for Thor being the most powerful member? Hulk. His anger is boundless - and so - his power. He'd have gotten out from under that hammer eventually...

Post #: 13
RE: I'd understand this feature if... - 17/8/2012 1:39:29 PM   
sowasred2012

I'd kinda like to see Black Widow and Hawkeye rotated out of the Avengers line-up and into their own espionage-based films, with Winter Soldier joining them - a film with the three of them could be pretty cool. Fill the spots they leave open with Carol Danvers and Scarlet Witch, balance out the male-female ratio a bit.

Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric.

http://www.srmason.co.uk/blog/
http://www.twitter.com/sowasred2012

(in reply to Gumptionbrash)
Post #: 14
RE: - 18/8/2012 1:46:25 AM   
HighwayJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: starkidemma

Speaking as a fellow hiddlestoner, we do need at least some Loki, however it's said Loki is going to be sorted out in Thor 2. Nevertheless, it will be great to see Loki back in there. Plus, the action was great but like said I loved the characters of the team having their little arguments, and these arguments have become quite famous in the Avengers Fandom.

I'd love to see Loki in 'Avengers 2,' but if he does indeed get sorted out in the 2nd Thor movie, what is he going to do?

If he's somehow reformed in 'Thor 2,' he might just become a background, snarky figure with not-much-to-do [a la Spike throughout much of 'Buffy']. Fun [possibly], but not much use to it. On the other hand, if he reaches the end of 'Thor 2' still angry, bitter, jealous and bag-of-cats insane, will he just be a henchman once more to whatever baddie shows up in 'Avengers 2'? Either way, it sounds like a waste of the character.

(in reply to starkidemma)
Post #: 15
Such a Joke. - 20/8/2012 1:03:30 PM   
dgribble

As a fellow Hiddlestoner; I'm already slightly aggrivated already; I think Whedon demeanded Loki as a true threat by turning him into a joke. Also Black Widow's trick had me fuming; as it was a great build up to have berate this cold bitch; then for her to turn the tables...thanks Joss ruin it for me again you prick.
PS: WHy not have LOki recruit us Hiddlestoners for his army in the sequel; we'd totally kick the Avengers asses....I get first dibs on WIdow.

Post #: 16
Superpowered Chicks! - 21/8/2012 1:14:20 PM   
spark1

seems only 'x men' and FF get superpowered heroines.
think its time for marvel/disney to include some in the next 'avengers'.

Post #: 17
Miss Marvel please ! - 22/8/2012 7:08:47 PM   
danielthompson99

As we should be venturing into Skrull/Kree (+Guardians) territory, bring on the Danvers!
She is an epic character, and also mind blowingly hot!
Wasp = Ant Man, and that ship just 'aint gonna float.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> How To Ensure Avengers 2 Is Awesome Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI