After Skyfall...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> After Skyfall... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
After Skyfall... - 13/8/2012 11:31:15 AM   
AxlReznor

I know it's a bit premature to start this when we still have a couple of months until Skyfall is released, but I've been thinking.
Do you think Daniel Craig will stick around after Skyfall? I think he should do at least one more film, and the reins should be passed onto Christopher Nolan. It's well known that he's always wanted to direct a Bond movie, and a few years ago the only thing that I would've thought could have hindered his chances was that shooting action scenes wasn't his strongest suit. But since then, we've seen Inception and The Dark Knight Rises and it's pretty clear that he has significantly improved in this regard.

My main reason for thinking Craig should be the Bond in a Nolan film is that I genuinely believe that together, they might be able to create the ultimate Bond movie. An underestimated element of his and his brother's scripts are as dark as they can get, there's usually always a bit of room for some humour (TDKR notwithstanding, as that was mostly blacker than black in tone). Not sure about Skyfall yet, but humour has been the only thing I think has been lacking in Craig's Bond films so far, but given the right material I have no doubt he'd be able to pull it off.

Of course, the biggest problem would be the schedules matching up for them, and whether or not he can find decent roles for the cast that he's grown comfortable with over the years. I think it'd be interesting to see Christian Bale play a villain... other than American Psycho, and possibly Harsh Times he hasn't really explored a villainous side. And my initial thought was Michael Caine for M, but that poses two problems... Michael Caine's pretty much been M for every Christopher Nolan hero since Batman Begins, and one of the strongest points of the modern Bond movie is Judi Dench's portrayal of that character. So then I thought of a bit of an inversion... maybe being the villain's M. I don't know... whatever Nolan pulls off, I'm sure it'd be a million times better than anything I can come up with.

I might come across as a bit of a Nolan fanboy, but I really do think he's the right man for the job.

What are other people's ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: After Skyfall... - 13/8/2012 11:44:51 AM   
Cool Breeze

I dont see Nolan making a Bond movie as its really a producers franchise and they may not be able to a) Afford him and b) Not give him the the complete creative control that he already has on his films.

If he was going to do a Bond it would be a complete reboot again with Bale as 007.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> After Skyfall... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI