Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 9:01:01 AM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Die Hard With A Vengeance
Simon must really have a lot of faith in McClane to survive his tasks, especially the racially aggressive first one. What if John died or was beaten up and unable to complete the other tasks? Simon's entire plan relied on McClane, who was the distraction, surviving to the end so why put him in dangerous situations?

Th
The same thing applies to The Matrix Reloaded.
The Architect needs Neo to fulfill his task and get back to the source. Yet the whole system does its very best to try and kill him.

Not so, most of the threat to Neo in Reloaded comes from Exiled program's who aren't part of the system. Look at me defending Reloaded, what your saying however doesn't do The Matrix any favours, kills the dramatic tension and makes it pretty pointless, hence why Reloaded is shit !

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 14/8/2012 9:02:33 AM >

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 61
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 1:40:41 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Pretty shocking that none of you have mentioned the daddy of plot holes.

In Citizen Kane how does the jounalist know that Kane's last word was Rosebud when there was no one around to hear it?

WE HAVE A WINNER!

(Su-perb.)

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 62
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 1:43:05 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

There is a school of thought that this isn't a plot hole - that reference by the butler to the "other time" he heard Kane say Rosebud is evidence. But nothing concrete.

It's still a good one though. Not as good as Jim Gordon's dry cleaning bills or Bruce Wayne's travel arrangements, mind, but still...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 63
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 1:44:58 PM   
chris kilby

STAR TREK II - THE WRATH OF KHAN
How did Khan recognise Chekov when he wasn't in that episode?

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 64
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 1:45:12 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

The one that always gets me is The Two Towers one:

The Rohan, along with Aaragorn, Gimli and Legolas are all trekking to Helms Deep and the Wargs attack, so the fighting men go off (on horses) to battle the Wargs whilst the women, children and old men go off (on foot) to continue towards Helms Deep. The fight with the Wargs lasts about 3-4 mins (we see the whole thing), however the men on horses dont catch up with the caravan of people on foot until AFTER the women, children and old folk have arrived at Helms Deep! I mean WTF? They would've caught up with them literally about 5 mins later.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 65
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 1:55:05 PM   
chris kilby

The relative passage of time in films generally is always a tricky one.

For instance, in The Empire Strikes Back, how long exactly does the Empire pursue the Millennium Falcon? And how long does Luke train on Dagobah? Hours? Days? Weeks? Cos to me, it's always seemed like Luke is on Dagobah a lot longer than Han and Leia are on the run.

And I remember thinking at the time that cheetah (or jaguar or whatever it was) took its time catching up with the badly injured and bleeding Jerry Seinfeld in Apocalypto. I know they were both running in sllow motion, but still...

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 66
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 1:57:12 PM   
chris kilby

And speaking of time, the only cop film I can think of where it realistically takes time to secure warrants and the like (months sometimes, if ever) is Zodiac. That never used to happen to Dirty Harry!

Post #: 67
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 2:00:32 PM   
chris kilby

How come Imperial Stormtroopers had better aim when they were good guys? Right up until Order 66 they never missed. But 20 years later they couldnae hit a coo's arse wi' a banjo!

(Maybe the Empire started cloning clones and they're like photocopies of a photocopy. Or Michael Keaton in that film which was like a shit photocopy of Groundhog Day...)

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 14/8/2012 2:04:12 PM >

Post #: 68
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 2:12:30 PM   
st3veebee

In the Terminator series: why didn't the terminators cover everything in organic material and send it through the time travelling machine? Guns, vehichles..you name it.

Better yet, why didn't they send a terminator back to kill an ancestor of John...who had little defense. Say hundreds of years in the past.

Other than that that whole franchise is water tight.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

Post #: 69
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 4:33:16 PM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

In the Terminator series: why didn't the terminators cover everything in organic material and send it through the time travelling machine? Guns, vehichles..you name it.

Better yet, why didn't they send a terminator back to kill an ancestor of John...who had little defense. Say hundreds of years in the past.

They wouldn't have a clue where to send it and who to look for perhaps..."most of the records were lost...etc etc" or something, as Reese put it.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 70
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 4:54:28 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

You say it's water tight but I was thinking about it this morning and Skynet's whole time travel plan seems a bit redundant. There are going to be one of two outcomes if they kill John Connor:

1) Paradox: the timeline being experienced by Skynet changes so they never need to send anyone back in the first place as there was no John Connor to kill, meaning John Connor was never killed, meaning he leads the resistance, meaning they need to kill him... (I've always thought this was the point of the first film. It was certainly what appealed to me when I first saw it)

2) The death of John Connor does jack shit to that timeline but results in a divergent timeline in which a different iteration of Skynet may well win, but the original timeline continues and the original Skynet falls anyway. This seems to be the implication by the sequels and The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I know Reese mentions how it was a last ditch attempt by the machines but it just seems a bit of an irrational move by Skynet as, whatever it does, it loses.

While we're on the subject, in Terminator: Salvation...

1) why doesn't Skynet just bomb the shit out of Connor's base - there are a load of fishbots in the river outside the front door so are they not transmitting back to HQ or something?

2) why don't the machines just nuke the huge airfield from where the resistance launches their attack, and to where Connor returns (so the other humans were clearly in no hurry to leave)? I'd have thought Skynet would be able to see such large scale activity through their satellites that one imagines are organised into some kind of net. In the sky. Evidently the machines decided that they could only attack targets if each individual machine had eyes on them.

3) why did the T-800 choose to toy with Reese and Connor instead of just tearing their spines out? Skynet could even have activated a few more Terminators to surround the two human fleshbags and wooden Sam Worthington what with them being in the centre of a Terminator factory, in a complex full of fully operational Terminators

4) why does Skynet put Reese at the top of the hit list? Did one of the time-travelling Terminators leave a message from the 80s/90s?

5) why does one of the people who Reese, Wright and the kid meet at the petrol station refer to "the dark season"? It's only been 15 years since Skynet attacked. I doubt "winter" has left an adult human's vocabulary in that time

6) why, when Reese says how airborne Hunter-Killers use infra-red so hunt better at night, does he proceed to light a fire in his rooftop camp at night?

Despite these plot holes (and the last minute changes), I actually like Salvation.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 71
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 6:02:04 PM   
chris kilby

TERMINATOR: SALVATION
Never mind all that. Where did the human resistance get ammo for their weapons, aviation fuel for their aircraft and batteries for their laptops? Indeed, where did they get all these wonderful toys in the first place? They seem remarkably well-equipped (and hale and hearty) considering they've just barely survived THE END OF THE WORLD and in those original Terminator flashbacks the last, sorry scraps of the human race were clearly starving, wretched, badly-equipped and just barely holding on by their fingertips.

And while I'm on the subject, how in the name of flip did Christian Bale manage to survive a nuclear explosion (virtually at ground zero!) like that? Not, it must be said, the only time he has done this...

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 72
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 6:58:58 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

Pretty shocking that none of you have mentioned the daddy of plot holes.

In Citizen Kane how does the jounalist know that Kane's last word was Rosebud when there was no one around to hear it?

WE HAVE A WINNER!

(Su-perb.)

This is often said to be a plot-hole, but it's not. Raymond, Kane's butler states in his interview with Thompson towards the end of the film that he was with Kane as he died. He's not shown to emphasise the loneliness of Kane, which is kinda the point of the film.

Post #: 73
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 8:03:48 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

TERMINATOR: SALVATION
Never mind all that. Where did the human resistance get ammo for their weapons, aviation fuel for their aircraft and batteries for their laptops? Indeed, where did they get all these wonderful toys in the first place? They seem remarkably well-equipped (and hale and hearty) considering they've just barely survived THE END OF THE WORLD and in those original Terminator flashbacks the last, sorry scraps of the human race were clearly starving, wretched, badly-equipped and just barely holding on by their fingertips.

And while I'm on the subject, how in the name of flip did Christian Bale manage to survive a nuclear explosion (virtually at ground zero!) like that? Not, it must be said, the only time he has done this...

Terminator: Salvation is just,generally,rubbish though so it sorta gets away with it..
I think Christian Bales character-script consisted of generally walking around like an uninspiring leader and shouting out his own name every ten minutes.
"I'm John Conner!!!",yeah we get the fecking point

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 14/8/2012 8:04:11 PM >

Post #: 74
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 14/8/2012 10:53:41 PM   
kumar

quote:

How come Imperial Stormtroopers had better aim when they were good guys? Right up until Order 66 they never missed. But 20 years later they couldnae hit a coo's arse wi' a banjo!

George Lucas explained this. Since the clones of Jango have accelerated ageing and growth potential, they are more susceptible to chronic diseases. So by the time a new hope comes around, they are approximately 18 years old (in real terms) but in physiological terms, they are around 70, and many have rheumatic arthritis, poor motor function, poor eyesight, diabetes and such and such.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 75
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 15/8/2012 2:50:57 AM   
chris kilby

Somehow I doubt George was being entirely serious when he said this.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 76
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 12:40:44 AM   
chris kilby

JAWS
Before he makes his excruciating, fingernails-on-a-blackboard entrance, how does Quint draw that shark without anyone noticing? (There is no shark on the blackboard moments earlier as people arrive for the meeting.)

Post #: 77
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 1:04:00 PM   
great_badir

quote:

BLADE RUNNER
Christopher Nolan’s favourite film of all time is not without plot holes of its own. Not only is it famous for them, ironically it actually owes a lot of its longevity and mystique to them…

If, as Deckard himself says, it is so “unusual” for replicants to return to earth, how come hunting them down was his job? (Oh no you don’t. Don’t hit me with the whole “He’s a replicant”/false memory thing – how come there was an entire division of the LAPD dedicated to hunting them down too?)

If Bryant had the replicants’ rap sheets complete with photos then why did Holden need to V-K Leon to positively ID him?

Neither of these are plot holes, or errors in the script/story - the opening crawl clearly states that Blade Runner units were specifically set up on Earth after a "bloody mutiny" on one of the off-world colonies, to rid the planet of any "trespassing" replicants. This is the same as a real life town with little or no crime having a police force - preventative measures.

Also, Bryant only had the rap sheets after Holden was shot. We have to assume (as Blade Runner does not spoon feed the audience with masses of exposition) that Holden was aware (or made aware) of the possibility of Leon being a replicant before being 100% sure of it (hence the VK test). Following the shooting and subsequent investigation, it woudld make sense that the Blade Runner unit (Bryant/Gaff/whomever) then discovered that Leon was one of a group of replicants who escaped to Earth. This is the same as a crime happening in the aforementioned town where one of the gang (let's say it's a gang) is identified/captured/killed, after which the police identify the rest of the gang. Before the incident the police would obviously have no idea that a crime is about to be committed, or by whom.

quote:

JAWS
Before he makes his excruciating, fingernails-on-a-blackboard entrance, how does Quint draw that shark without anyone noticing? (There is no shark on the blackboard moments earlier as people arrive for the meeting.)

We don't know that no one at the back noticed, because all of the "action" is happening at (and the camera is largely focused on) the front of the (very crowded) room. Plus there is more than enough noise to cover any chalk-on-blackboard noise and more than enough time for Quint's very basic drawing.

quote:

PLANET OF THE APES
How come Charlton Heston doesn’t notice the apes are speaking English? The MANIAC!

Not sure I quite understand this one - he is unable to speak when first captured and then, once he does get his voice back, does question the fact that the apes are speaking. As for the specific use of English, apart from the fact that it was an American English language film, if you want to get REALLY pedantic, you just have to watch Escape from... and Conquest of..., both of which very firmly place the development of intelligent apes in North America, hence their first language being English.

< Message edited by great_badir -- 16/8/2012 1:15:28 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 78
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 2:11:55 PM   
grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Terminator: Salvation is just,generally,rubbish though so it sorta gets away with it..
I think Christian Bales character-script consisted of generally walking around like an uninspiring leader and shouting out his own name every ten minutes.

He's rather dim from time to time as well.
When they first capture Marcus Connor says "I know what you are!"
15 Minutes later during Marcus' escape he yells: "What are you"?

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 79
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 5:24:52 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

quote:

PLANET OF THE APES
How come Charlton Heston doesn’t notice the apes are speaking English? The MANIAC!

Not sure I quite understand this one - he is unable to speak when first captured and then, once he does get his voice back, does question the fact that the apes are speaking. As for the specific use of English, apart from the fact that it was an American English language film, if you want to get REALLY pedantic, you just have to watch Escape from... and Conquest of..., both of which very firmly place the development of intelligent apes in North America, hence their first language being English.

Arguably this harks back to the fact that SPOILERS FOR PLANET OF THE APES for the entirety of the first film, we don't know that the planet is Earth. Wouldn't Heston be curious why, apparently many, many light years from Earth, apes are speaking English? It is obvious why they are speaking English, because we know the truth. But why doesn't Heston query it? I think that's the nub of that argument.

I'm carefully judging the perfect time to show my son the first POTA. Old enough to maintain his interest throughout, young enough to not have heard the twist. When I do, I have to be careful not to show him the DVD cover either. I want him to experience that same twist moment I remember so vividly mumble years ago.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 80
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 5:42:48 PM   
jonson

quote:

quote:

JAWS

We don't know that no one at the back noticed, because all of the "action" is happening at (and the camera is largely focused on) the front of the (very crowded) room. Plus there is more than enough noise to cover any chalk-on-blackboard noise and more than enough time for Quint's very basic drawing.

Oi! I've got a tattoo of that

If you look even closer at the chalk drawing, you can see a different one rubbed out underneath the one we see (Joe Alves drew them on) which means Quint would have had to draw a shark, not liked it, rubbed it out and drawn another

I think there's a line between plot-holes and continuity errors. The number of those in Jaws is hundreds

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 81
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 8:06:26 PM   
kumar

quote:

quote:

Thats a bit of an odd one. He says he knows what he is, as in, he knows from his legs and chest he is a machine- clearly he expects it to try and kill him. So it kindof makes sense when he runs away without the attempted killing Connor is a bit miffed.

Of all the bad things in that film it was STAR who royally pissed me off so bad. What was the point in her existence, other than to give that thousand yard stare in numerous shots which got more and more ridiculous even after she was midway through eating a carrot. What the hell, it always happens before a terminator approached and noone else noticed. She cant speak but she has a sixth sense? Piss off!! And she keeps on coming back and adds NOTHING.

Salvation is more like Transformers 2, I could watch it while 80 % of my attention is elsewhere. Its a shame because I really liked it at the cinema, just the more you think about it, the stupider it gets.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 82
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 9:08:23 PM   
UTB

Does this count?

< Message edited by UTB -- 16/8/2012 9:10:26 PM >

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 83
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 9:13:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

I also disliked the performance of Bryce Dallas Howard as Kate Conner.
She didn't figure much but when she did in her fleeting on screen moments I found her performance as painfully awful.

But,Overall,I found T.S as one major bore.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 84
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 16/8/2012 11:31:56 PM   
homersimpson_esq

B^F2 has been mentioned a lot, but not B^F3.

When Marty goes back to 1885, his petrol tank is punctured by a stray arrow, leaking, and necessitating a train. However, the car that Doc arrived in, that he buries for 70 years for Marty to find in 1955, is still in 1885, with at least some petrol in the tank. It really should have been an easy thing to siphon off the petrol from one car to the other...

OK, the petrol tank still as a hole in it, so use the whole car that Doc arrived in - in 1955 Marty will be much better equipped to repair the arrow hole from the car he arrives back in 1885 in. Though that does open an interesting causality time loop...

In Ferris Bueller's Day Off, why is there a massive street carnival on a school day?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 85
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 17/8/2012 2:56:14 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

quote:

BLADE RUNNER
Christopher Nolan’s favourite film of all time is not without plot holes of its own. Not only is it famous for them, ironically it actually owes a lot of its longevity and mystique to them…

If, as Deckard himself says, it is so “unusual” for replicants to return to earth, how come hunting them down was his job? (Oh no you don’t. Don’t hit me with the whole “He’s a replicant”/false memory thing – how come there was an entire division of the LAPD dedicated to hunting them down too?)

If Bryant had the replicants’ rap sheets complete with photos then why did Holden need to V-K Leon to positively ID him?

Neither of these are plot holes, or errors in the script/story - the opening crawl clearly states that Blade Runner units were specifically set up on Earth after a "bloody mutiny" on one of the off-world colonies, to rid the planet of any "trespassing" replicants. This is the same as a real life town with little or no crime having a police force - preventative measures.

Soooo... Deckard was a replicant hunter who never actually hunted any replicants? Easy life! No wonder they, er, retired him...

Post #: 86
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 17/8/2012 3:05:08 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

PLANET OF THE APES

Arguably this harks back to the fact that SPOILERS FOR PLANET OF THE APES for the entirety of the first film, we don't know that the planet is Earth. Wouldn't Heston be curious why, apparently many, many light years from Earth, apes are speaking English? It is obvious why they are speaking English, because we know the truth. But why doesn't Heston query it? I think that's the nub of that argument.

I'm carefully judging the perfect time to show my son the first POTA. Old enough to maintain his interest throughout, young enough to not have heard the twist. When I do, I have to be careful not to show him the DVD cover either. I want him to experience that same twist moment I remember so vividly mumble years ago.

Correctamundo!

I was clearly alluding to Planet of the Apes' iconic ending without giving it away. Like Homer's son (Bart?) not everyone has actually seen it yet. (I'm sure I was five or six when I first saw it and I got the ending just fine!) Why did it take that reveal before old Chuck realised where he was? Surely the apes speaking English was the real giveaway?

I might be pedantic (who, me?) but at least I'm not quite so... literal.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 87
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 17/8/2012 3:07:15 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Does this count?

I've always wondered what the death toll must like be after the average Transformers movie. The Avengers too.

(There's no need to shout.)

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 88
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 17/8/2012 3:21:05 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

quote:

JAWS

Oi! I've got a tattoo of that

If you look even closer at the chalk drawing, you can see a different one rubbed out underneath the one we see (Joe Alves drew them on) which means Quint would have had to draw a shark, not liked it, rubbed it out and drawn another

I think there's a line between plot-holes and continuity errors. The number of those in Jaws is hundreds

Like plot holes, all movies inevitably have those too for reasons that are too obvious to go into - films being shot out of sequence being the main one. Of course, in some movies, such errors are more pronounced than others. The early Bond films being particularly notorious for them. Jaws, of course, had its own unique reasons to have more continuity errors than most.

Having said that, do you know I still get so engrossed by Jaws, even after all these years, that I never notice that shots of the sky/sea supposedly rarely match? I could not care less about that sort of stuff if I'm enjoying a film and frankly am baffled by people who sit through Gladiator, say, looking for extras with digital watches just so they can crow about their obvious superiority to the filmmakers online. (Ridley Scott is amusingly bullish about the historical errors in Gladiator - the Romans didn't have stirrups, etc - on his DVD commentary.)

Is it true there are websites dedicated to this stuff? And I thought I had way too much time on my hands...

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 17/8/2012 3:24:24 AM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 89
RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? - 17/8/2012 12:37:50 PM   
great_badir

Ahh right, I see where you’re coming from about Apes now.

I would still argue it’s not really a plot hole, more of a story sacrifice/contrivance to avoid getting bogged down in (relatively) minor exposition. Whether it was a conscious sacrifice/contrivance is another matter.

As for Deckard having an easy life in Blade Runner – maybe so. But that still doesn’t make it a plot hole. For all we know there was a period when hundreds of replicants tried to get back to Earth and Deckard and his colleagues were very busy indeed. As time wore on and more and more replicants were retired, they may have decided to stop trying to escape and the work for Blade Runners dried up, hence Deckard being retired. At that point, more replicants coming to Earth may well have been unusual. We're never told the period of time between the initial mutiny and Deckard coming out of retirement - the film is set in 2019, the opening crawl says that Nexus 6 were operational "early in the 21st century", so that means the interim period could, arguably, have been 19 years. Which is quite a long time.

< Message edited by great_badir -- 17/8/2012 12:44:20 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What Are Your Favourite Plot Holes...? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI